Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 04-05-2004, 05:42 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tuffguy
you're an idiot, and full of assumptions.
I am also pompous and opinionated.

you have no idea what i drive,
No I don't - What do you drive?

and you have no idea how i like my cars.
Actually I think we have an idea - you don't like them domestic and purpose built to race in the GT class-- I mean you just said so - with your jab at "catering to the import crowd" - right?

I am also guessing since you didn't say something like "Wow nice car, but bad name.." you probably don't like it..

first off, this "GT-R" is by no means "stock". i would consider it "highly tuned".
Which is what we all know - and the "Mines" Skyline would not own it... they would be able to compete in the GT class - in fact both may need to be detuned to qualify for the GT class limits.

also, my original question was if ford has used GT-R in the past, or if they're simply doing it for the import crowd. i did not criticize this car or its merits. i'm not the one who said 'let's race for it'. and if we're gonna race for it, why would i choose a stock R34 to go up against this beast?
Why would they do this for the import crowd? It is pegged to be a factory provided race car.

And I never criticized the Skyline on it's merits or it's sole claim to the GT-R moniker - I simply said "if you want the name back - let's race for it".

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:09 PM   #32
killer66
Regular User

I cant see the pics
Old 04-05-2004, 06:18 PM   #33
tigerx
Regular User

I cant see the pics
it's right there, check it, it's not on the main page of this post.

and btw, DAM that's a nice mustang, i especially like the grille so nice, i don't like the wing though a little ricey to me, american muscle car shouldn't have rear spoilers. this car kinda remind me of the old BOSS mustang.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:08 PM   #34
tuffguy
Regular User

RC45 - i think remember ford slapping "GT-R" on something at an autoshow a while back. ford has the focus, and i know that GM's been going pretty hard after the import crowd. didn't they display an autocross version of the grand prix as well?

"catering to the import crowd" should indicate disapproval, not that i'm a fan.
tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:22 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

RC45 - i think remember ford slapping "GT-R" on something at an autoshow a while back. ford has the focus, and i know that GM's been going pretty hard after the import crowd. didn't they display an autocross version of the grand prix as well?

"catering to the import crowd" should indicate disapproval, not that i'm a fan.
So what do you drive?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:40 PM   #36
blah
Regular User

When did autocross become associated with Imports?
Old 04-05-2004, 10:45 PM   #37
666fast
Regular User

Lots more pics for those that want them. I think it looks great. The spoiler isn't all that great, but at leasts it's functional. I guess if I were to have one as a street car, the first thing to go would be the spoiler.

Old 04-05-2004, 10:50 PM   #38
T-Bird
Regular User

fuck yes that is a nice looking car they really went all out on the details gotta love the full length headers too. not too many racecars with O2 sensors though. I like the spoiler very Cobra-R like.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:02 PM   #39
SL55 AMG
Regular User

wow very nice set of pictures, and in reference to my previous post it wasn't to upset anyone just my opinion, and to elaborate further i mainly have an issue with the styling of the cars, this and the GT40 resemble too much their predecessors for me thats all, but hell everyone else seems to like them, i am just one of those few . Nice to see these future concepts compared to the cars :roll: they produce now
SL55 AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:30 PM   #40
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SL55 AMG
wow very nice set of pictures, and in reference to my previous post it wasn't to upset anyone just my opinion, and to elaborate further i mainly have an issue with the styling of the cars, this and the GT40 resemble too much their predecessors for me thats all, but hell everyone else seems to like them, i am just one of those few . Nice to see these future concepts compared to the cars :roll: they produce now
Hey - no problem - everyone is entitled to their own opinion..

...just be sure you can stand the heat of the ensuing debate after you make you opinion know... LOL
Old 04-06-2004, 01:24 AM   #41
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

dead picture links? or is that just me..
Old 04-06-2004, 01:34 AM   #42
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
dead picture links? or is that just me..
They have been reposted on page 2 - I guess you didn't bother to follow the discussion either...
Old 04-07-2004, 02:23 AM   #43
StanAE86
Regular User

Damn...thanks for all the pics. The thing definately rocks.

Just a side note, as for comparisons of apples to apples and Mine's Skyline to the Mustang GT-R, I see the Mustang as a factory car since it's being produced by Ford, straight out of the box, even though it's basically a race car. If you want to compare it to Mine's Skyline, then you have to let a tuner get a hold of the Mustang and pump it more...it would definately be one heck of a shoot out!
Old 04-07-2004, 04:49 PM   #44
hemi_fan
Regular User

I think it looks really good, except the spoiler makes it look kinda like a Honda. lol

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:01 PM   #45
tigerx
Regular User

go to www.highresautoimages.com for high resolution picture of this car, the original boss mustang also have the spoiler. this car is like a reincarnation of the boss. Can't wait for more info