Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 05-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
gangajas
Regular User

Default Corvette Z06's Top Gear Track lap time (*spoiler*)

What do you think about Z06's lap time at the Top Gear track?

Ford GT 1.21.9
Ferrari 360 CS 1.22.3
Porsche GT3 RS 1.22.3
Corvette Z06 1.22.4
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
TNT
Regular User

nice where is the video for that? Ford will always win
Old 05-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
TeflonTron
Regular User

Seems about right.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

That's doing pretty well IMO, but I was expecting it to be in the 21.x
Old 05-14-2006, 04:07 PM   #5
No.1
Regular User

just watched it.

Shame RC isn't around to offer his comments

I was amazed - i really didn't think it could go so fast! Clarkson's opinion was that the car was only good on the track, and useless for the road.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #6
Daggernite
Regular User

Good review, its pretty darn quick. The car seemed very balanced and stable. If all you look for in a car is speed, then its the best car for 60k id say.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #7
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Good review, its pretty darn quick. The car seemed very balanced and stable. If all you look for in a car is speed, then its the best car for 60k id say.
...or get an RS4 if you need speed, but practicality - that thing can sort any slide out according to last weeks 5th Gear :shock:
Old 05-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

Well.

when you are comparing a $65,000 car vs. a 150,000 (MSRP) car vs. $250,000+ car vs. a $110,000 car... doesn't that tickle the "gotta drive that" factor to about 11 on a 1-10 scale?

that just proves the Vette is as good as each of them for all purposes... no matter if Jeremy likes it or not (and we all know he does, especially concidering he actually likes the standard C6!)

also, isn't that faster then a lot of "europe's best" handling cars in the world? a lot faster??? ! Faster then a Koenigsegg CCR/Zonda C12S/Murcielago etc.

the RS4 has absolutely NOTHING on a Z06 in the same way you cant compare it to an F430 :x oh, and sorting a slide out has little to do with how much track, or road you have left

oh, and speaking of the F430... it appears the Z06 is faster around the TG track too
Old 05-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #9
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Well.

when you are comparing a $65,000 car vs. a 150,000 (MSRP) car vs. $250,000+ car vs. a $110,000 car... doesn't that tickle the "gotta drive that" factor to about 11 on a 1-10 scale?

that just proves the Vette is as good as each of them for all purposes... no matter if Jeremy likes it or not (and we all know he does, especially concidering he actually likes the standard C6!)

also, isn't that faster then a lot of "europe's best" handling cars in the world? a lot faster??? ! Faster then a Koenigsegg CCR/Zonda C12S/Murcielago etc.

the RS4 has absolutely NOTHING on a Z06 in the same way you cant compare it to an F430 :x oh, and sorting a slide out has little to do with how much track, or road you have left
don't need to stick up for the Z06 now RC has gone

I know what you mean, but IMO (and this needs no long arguement) it lacks the finesse of the 430 which carves up the track - the vette sledgehammers it in a brutish style.

I know comparing a £130k with a £60k car is unfair, but i can't afford either, so life's unfair

The Z06 amazed me, as i said - hats off to the developers 8) - but it's never going to be a car for the "Sub-Zero" section on the cool wall, or even my bedroom wall! It's not a car that i aspire to own in the way i aspire to own a Ferrari/etc. :bah:

Maybe it's badge snobbery (in fact, it most probably is), but i would not get on with a car like that.

[END OF My Opinion]
Old 05-14-2006, 05:22 PM   #10
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
pretty predictable result i say.

for the price, it's fast....but unfortunately that's about it!

i don't think the Z06 is as 'cheap' in Europe as it is here though...which makes its advantage much less over there.
damn right - £60k buys you a ver nice BMW M5 over here, thank you very much sir!
Old 05-14-2006, 05:28 PM   #11
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1

i don't think the Z06 is as 'cheap' in Europe as it is here though...which makes its advantage much less over there.
damn right - £60k buys you a ver nice BMW M5 over here, thank you very much sir!
or maybe even an M6. personally if were given a choice between a Z06 and an M6, it would be a very difficult choice to say no to a 500hp M6.
M6 is clinical - me likes :good:

the M6 is a littel more expensive than the M% over here, though (by about £10k iirc)
Old 05-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #12
r2r
Regular User

That’s one hell of a fast car for the price, no matter what it is. And it seems to do amazingly well on the track as well, which proves it can play with the big boys any day.
Good job GM.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:00 PM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

I'm not actually trying to be RC here... in fact, if you review my posts in JW for some years, you'll find me saying the same kind of things people just want a new person to loath... and lucky me

Originally Posted by thenumber1

or maybe even an M6. personally if were given a choice between a Z06 and an M6, it would be a very difficult choice to say no to a 500hp M6.
Again, comparing an M5 vs. a Z isn't exactly accurate.. .the M6 is a bit more... but then you are spending that much more, and getting more of a GT car then a true sports car.

oh, and this has got to be a first of everso prefering a BMW anything vs. something strange
Old 05-14-2006, 06:29 PM   #14
Promise_seeker
Regular User

I'm just glad it was a fair review. His hatred of American cars was overpowered by the amazing beast the Z06 is.
Promise_seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #15
DeMoN
Regular User

pretty quick pretty quick!