Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 03-25-2006, 06:32 PM   #31
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

my fuck its easy to get you yanks all pissy

Mission accomplished lol

Until you can get me riled up, you can't claim that victory.
D00de your from California

You dont count
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:15 PM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
LOL @ Malex calling the Veyron "slow"

and to whomever said the Saleen generates more downforce, the Veyron generates more downforce than ANY other production car in HISTORY.

this is quite a funny debate though...carry on
250mph is slow... quite slow when you take the power and expense into account.

It is pathetically slow.

Each and every Twin Turbo Corvette to roll out of LPE's and other shops can run to 250mph... how do we know?

John Lingenfelter helped put the Callaway Sledgehammer into the 255mph range in 1987, with less power and a dirtier aero profile.

So, when placed into context, the veyron is slow.

Period.

The Veyron serves one purpose, to allow the super wealthy to take the attention away from their small penii..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:23 PM   #33
SFDMALEX
Regular User

and to whomever said the Saleen generates more downforce, the Veyron generates more downforce than ANY other production car in HISTORY.

Im calling it slow cause it is slow.

As was said before, there are sources which confirm how patheticaly slow this car is around the track. Nothing more needs to be said.

And as RC said every Porker to roll out of a tuners garage can do 250.

And quite a few yank tanks can do that aswel.

And all that withouht 5 million a piece.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:31 PM   #34
nthfinity
Regular User

I dont thin i need to say how much i love the veyron...

but say something in context... the Veyron generates more downforce then any production car While Braking near V max

the Saleen doesn't need to shoot a brake flap up while braking/cornering/etc.... and has no active aero the Enzo adopts a slightly modified aero profile above 180mph or so... but not to the extreme of a long-tail.

the CGT is a dirty, but beautiful profile up top... and not so differently with the Veyron... but with a greater emphasis on style then the CGT.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:12 AM   #35
RC45
Regular User

LOL.

to Malex and RC45:

the Veyron isn't "slow"...........it IS the fastest production car in the world...>EVER.

your little modded Sledgehammer Corvette was a ONE OFF car, and Callaway said they could reproduce the car in 1988 for $400,000 USD (in 1988 money, that equals ALOT more now)....with no tested reliability, no useful technology other than speed, and absolutely poo styling.....no thanks, it's useless as well....the 255mph was never confirmed as official either.

so i rest my case. the Veyron IS the fastest production car ever made........if you can't handle the truth....keep on making things up

CHEERS!

Nothing to make up at all.

Every TT Viper and Vette come with a 24,000 mile, 2 year warranty - and each one can reach 250mph.. as proven by a far less powerful car in 1987.

Did we mention that the 250mph Vettes and Vipers are built by small tuning companies not mulit-billion dollar multi-nationals.. and cost FAR less than the Veyron does.

Makes one wonder who actually has the ability to engineer something - and and who simply throws money at the design until eventually something pops out.

Again - the Veyron is just an excercise in excess and really does nothing for anyone else - YOU may be impressed by a million dollar car, but for a million bucks it better doe something unique..

Going 250mph in a unique specially prepped one-off situation is prety unique all right.

Has any private owner actually driven their production Veyron to 250mph on the street? I heard you need to have an entire bus load of german physicists in tow just to stop it overheating and going into half-power mode

For the record, I would rather have a Koenig modded Ferrai over the Vagrant... the only reason I would accept a Blugnasty Vagrant as a gift would be to sell it ..
Old 03-26-2006, 01:33 AM   #36
sentra_dude

LOL.

to Malex and RC45:

the Veyron isn't "slow"...........it IS the fastest production car in the world...>EVER.

your little modded Sledgehammer Corvette was a ONE OFF car, and Callaway said they could reproduce the car in 1988 for $400,000 USD (in 1988 money, that equals ALOT more now)....with no tested reliability, no useful technology other than speed, and absolutely poo styling.....no thanks, it's useless as well....the 255mph was never confirmed as official either.

so i rest my case. the Veyron IS the fastest production car ever made........if you can't handle the truth....keep on making things up

CHEERS!

If it is 'the' fastest production car in the world, with all your 'sources', can you confirm or deny the ~8min 30sec Nordschleife time? That's pretty fucking slow if you ask me, especially when the car in question has 1001hp to work with. :roll:

In addition, what do your sources say about the car over-heating, we've never gotten an answer...yes or no, does the car overheat? And I don't mean when driving in Arizona going up a hill with the a/c blasting in the middle of summer, I mean after a couple of laps at a track...

Also, has there been an outside test of the Veyron's performance yet, so we know what the car is capable of, and not what VW says its capable of (not saying they are lying, I'd just like to see it tested by an independent party).

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #37
nthfinity
Regular User

i am told that it doesn't have the same overheating issues.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:25 PM   #38
Daggernite
Regular User

I am really really enjoying this topic. I'm on Everso's side
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #39
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by sentra_dude

If it is 'the' fastest production car in the world, with all your 'sources', can you confirm or deny the ~8min 30sec Nordschleife time? That's pretty fucking slow if you ask me, especially when the car in question has 1001hp to work with. :roll:

In addition, what do your sources say about the car over-heating, we've never gotten an answer...yes or no, does the car overheat? And I don't mean when driving in Arizona going up a hill with the a/c blasting in the middle of summer, I mean after a couple of laps at a track...

Also, has there been an outside test of the Veyron's performance yet, so we know what the car is capable of, and not what VW says its capable of (not saying they are lying, I'd just like to see it tested by an independent party).
the nurburgring time is completely unofficial............it's all rubbish promoted by the people who are jealous of (i.e "dislike") the Veyron.

as for overheating....the EARLY testing versions had overheating issues...the production model definitely does NOT.

again....don't listen to the internet propaganda queens who just sit around recycling old facts from 2 years ago (which is highly the case with the Veyron)

the production Veyron has gone through huge amount of continuous testing with NO overheating. It has been tested in very warm climates (Africa, South America, Mexico) and it has been tested in very cold climates (Alaska) and in all cases, the car has shown huge reliability and no issues with engine management/overheating.....why do you think the Veyron was so delayed in the first place? it was to make SURE that there were no issues with its cooling system, brakes system, and tires.

as for the Veyron's top speed.....it has been confirmed by MANY people. VW have given the chance to many journalists and racing drivers to confirm the speed and it HAS BEEN by many US and UK publications, as well as other companies and people.....even the old Mac F1 couldn't be confirmed by many sources like the Veyron has.....this is THE supercar....no more pretenders allowed.

i find it amazing that you people still doubt it.
Dude, I could care less about the top speed, what I want to see is a test of the performance, you know, things that matter...

Such as: acceleration, braking distances, mpg, lateral g's, salmon speed, some track times...i.e. maybe Road & Track or Autocar test, or someone like them.

------------
Old 03-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #40
nthfinity
Regular User

what was it JC said... if you give the Macca a head start to 100 mph, the veyron will be at 200 in less time then the F1 will... i think thats pretty close.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #41
gobs3z
Regular User

I hope by mpg you mean the worse it is the better. But i would also like to know slalom speeds. It seems that an actual test of the performance hasn't occured. We know everything about its straight line capabilities which are unmatched but all we know about its handling are "it handles amazingly well for its weight" words like that, but no specifics. I know when they do it'll still be amazing!!

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:52 PM   #42
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by gobs3z
I hope by mpg you mean the worse it is the better. But i would also like to know slalom speeds. It seems that an actual test of the performance hasn't occured. We know everything about its straight line capabilities which are unmatched but all we know about its handling are "it handles amazingly well for its weight" words like that, but no specifics. I know when they do it'll still be amazing!!
Yeah, I'm not saying I doubt the numbers (that much )...I just want to see some specifics, and also, I want to see numbers not given to us by VW...

------------
Old 03-26-2006, 01:15 PM   #43
RC45
Regular User

Has SportAuto even bothered to arrange a full test of the car?

And where are all these people who have CONFIRMED running the car to max V?

There have been many journos that hyave said it is fast, very fast (but then again, none of those same people have ever been in a TT Viper or a S7R etc so we cannot be sure how "very fast" they mean ) -- but anyway, where is the list of journos and testers that have ACTUALLY taken the Vagrant to 250+mph?

And for a million dollars thats all you get? A big fat 2 tone coloured car?
Old 03-26-2006, 01:26 PM   #44
harryo2b
Regular User

So for a million bucks and some change is the McLaren F1 a bad deal as well?

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #45
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Car & Driver was the first magazine to confirm VW's claims of 253mph (which by the way, WERE official observed at Nardo). Following which, CAR Magazine and Auto Motor And Sport also did the same......

the gearbox is space age...the aerodynamics are brilliant, the styling is superb....and the handling is very underrated. The braking is well beyond normal levels, and the engine is an absolute animal. yeah i think for the people who can spend the million.......there's no better way to go.
Veyron is no doubt a special car with phenominal capabilities but its not the best supercar out there....Its claim to fame is beating the Mclaren F1's top speed. Thats it....This Saleen has better numbers every where else...As incredible as the Veyron is it aint a lock to beat an Enzo, CGT much less this TT S7R on any track that isnt an ASSCAR oval...Common sence will tell anyone that a 4000lb[Veyron] car is not gonna beat a 3000lb[S7R] car around the track with both having similar power and the lighter car having better handling...If you are looking for the best performing Hyper Car its gotta be the S7R. If you are looking for the Hyper Car with the best cashe its the Veyron...