Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 02-09-2006, 03:45 PM   #16
Shinigami
Regular User

Yup, a 360 is slow. I mean, 4.3 seconds or something like that for a 0-60 time, it's pretty much one of the slowest cars out there on the road. Especially against a modified vette which is not as fast when stock
Old 02-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #17
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Again - a correction, a Sportscar Owner... first.. Z06 owner second.

Your bias is clear in your statement that "you will not believe it till you see it"

I am not sure if you realise just how slow an F360 and F360CS are - it was quite sad the way I could real them in on the public roads.. talk abotu being gutless below 5,000rpm
My bias is clear to only you then, I dont simply believe some thing is true just because I want it to be true... like you wanting the Z06 to be a perfect car, so you believe it is and thats all you believe. I actually watch videos and read articles also talk to people to find out my views on cars. And I will take note of what is said to come to a fair and UNBIASED view. If anyone whos actually driven the car makes points about the car, i value there view, if its a good thing then good if its a bad thing, then fair enough, I dont just turn a blind eye and not believe them, that would be BIASED would'nt it.

The statement is simply not true. I love how people simply assume that the non-european does not generate grip in turns, is unstable and unpredictable and needs a straight line to catch up:
First off Grip is not the only thing the F430 would beat the ZO6 at. Driving feel, and the whole setup and dynamics of the car determine how fast a car can move through a corner. I like the Z06 dont go thinking im a hater of it. But when I read a review on it im not going to moan over a few crits. No car is perfect, not even the Z06. Please dont take this the wrong way, you sound like a fan boy who only wants to hear good things about the corvette, and nothing bad. Also I did mention i dont thing the 360 is fast, but i do believe the CS is around a track, and i do believe you did reel a 360 in on a nice straight road, so you should with 3500cc more, its nothing impressive from a technical standpoint.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinri_Shiogami
Yup, a 360 is slow. I mean, 4.3 seconds or something like that for a 0-60 time, it's pretty much one of the slowest cars out there on the road. Especially against a modified vette which is not as fast when stock
Correction - I was realing in 360's when my car was stock.. and the 360 was not - with it's tubi exhaust and tune ..

The CS was probably not stock either, and all I had was an air filter

And whether you choose to believe it or not, the 360 is not that quick in the grand scheme of things - or maybe having 70,000 miles in a 4s 0-60 car does that to you - set you expectaiton of "speed" a little higher than others

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Please dont take this the wrong way, you sound like a fan boy who only wants to hear good things about the corvette, and nothing bad.
Fanboy? I don't think so.

I am the first in line to slam the cheap ass plastic bathtub for the reasons it needs to be slammed - but the unfounded "rumour" stuff is what I don't feel should go down without objection

Just because you "believe" it should be as bad in certain areas as you have been convinced to "know" it is... does not make it so

Of course the car is not perfect, far from it - and mine even more so - it is the very first edition of the modern era Z06.. full of issues and problems - but the areas that is should not be slammed are the areas that count, Go, Turn and Stop

Why is it so hard to accept that the car actually does Go,Stop and Turn with top 1% of cars out there?

It's badly made, full of plastic, has no "refinement" or CD changer, or power seats, frilly pillows, or carbon fibre doo-dads or even seats with seat belt cutous...

Hell it even shares radios with the Chevy Tahoe..

But - until you have actually benn given the chance to personally feel how it can Go, Stop and Turn you are really just basing everything on the biased words of others

Strange how the ability of the 911 to pitch you into a dicth is named "character" - but the fact that the Z06 demands you sit up and pay attention 110% of the time the car is"unpredictable and stiff"..

Oh well - to each their own..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:54 PM   #19
nthfinity
Regular User

last time i checked a C5 Zo6 in stock form hits 60 in 4 flat... oh, and the 360 isnt slow by any means in my mind.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:59 PM   #20
Shinigami
Regular User

From what I read, a C5 is closer to a 4.3 second car, or it could have been the previous model... but I think calling something as fast as a 360 slow, is just trying to show off with a .1 or .2 faster times off the line. The 360 will still impress more on a track, as well as in the looks stake *shrug*
Old 02-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
last time i checked a C5 Zo6 in stock form hits 60 in 4 flat... oh, and the 360 isnt slow by any means in my mind.
You're just wisely distancing yourself from the radical's viewpoint... hehe
Old 02-09-2006, 04:13 PM   #22
gangajas
Regular User

Funny thing is that at track days the C5 Z)6 even runs rings around the NSX - and the C6 Z06 literally sucks the paint off the aluminium skin... This is a prime example of just how biased and brainwashed folks are.
For some drivers speed is not everything; for instance, I have just read this in Rennteam.com :

Originally Posted by Bulldozer27

I used to own the previous generation C5 Z06. Even though I could lap Streets of Willow racetrack several seconds per lap quicker than in my NSX (yes, I drive my cars as they were intended, not just to get Starbucks in La Jolla), I never considered it as enjoyable to drive as the latter. I own neither car now, but when I look back on both, I only regret selling the NSX.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #23
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by rc45
Just because you "believe" it should be as bad in certain areas as you have been convinced to "know" it is... does not make it so
Please RC, these are your own words not mine. Im not saying it cant take corners, I'm saying its cant be to the standard of the F430 and NSX-R thats all I said and nothing other than that. I dont find it hard to believe it can take corners well, it does it better than anyother american car, and thats a merit for the corvette for sure. I'd have one myslelf even, but that does'nt mean ill not accept critisim about the car.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Please RC, these are your own words not mine. Im not saying it cant take corners, I'm saying its cant be to the standard of the F430 and NSX-R thats all I said and nothing other than that. I dont find it hard to believe it can take corners well, it does it better than anyother american car, and thats a merit for the corvette for sure. I'd have one myslelf even, but that does'nt mean ill not accept critisim about the car.
And I am saying it is to the "standard" (what ever that is.. :roll: ) of the F430 and the NSX.. as the quote above states.. the guys own C5 Z06 lapped quicker than his NSX... so there is no need to debate if the C6 Z06 will lap quicker as well..

You are just refusing to even consider or contemplate that ANYTHING, especially not "an American" car, could be up to your Ferrari "standards" - again not sure what that means - beacsue the F430 was not quicker around the Nurburgring - as an example..

Seems to me you are the biased one
Old 02-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #25
Daggernite
Regular User

And I am saying it is to the "standard" (what ever that is.. :roll: ) of the F430 and the NSX.. as the quote above states.. the guys own C5 Z06 lapped quicker than his NSX... so there is no need to debate if the C6 Z06 will lap quicker as well..

You are just refusing to even consider or contemplate that ANYTHING, especially not "an American" car, could be up to your Ferrari "standards" - again not sure what that means - beacsue the F430 was not quicker around the Nurburgring - as an example..

Seems to me you are the biased one

Oh dear me I am not Biased. I like the Z06 very much theres no need for me to be. and if you read I said the NSX-R.. The handling is way diffrent to the standard NSX.
I'll repeat, I am not Biased I genuinly believe that Z06 does not corner to the standard of the F430 and NSX, I believe its close, not as good though. Theres no favouritism in my in my decision unlike yours.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

I'm saying its cant be to the standard of the F430 and NSX-R. I dont find it hard to believe it can take corners well, it does it better than anyother american car, and thats a merit for the corvette for sure.
i've never read any praises on how lush the interior is of the NSX... let alone, the NSX-R...
the Ferrari... well, of course you pay an extra $160,000 for dubble stitched seats, a pretty underside... a manatino, traditional springs/dampers... and lastly... the badge. so yes, the vette isnt to the standard of the F cars

but of the NSX-R???? puhhlease... its the other way around, sherlock
hey, when you own a 2.5 ton 185 hp car... many things seem fast compared to you including my old Saab 9000 turbo ops:
Old 02-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #27
Daggernite
Regular User

I'm saying its cant be to the standard of the F430 and NSX-R. I dont find it hard to believe it can take corners well, it does it better than anyother american car, and thats a merit for the corvette for sure.
i've never read any praises on how lush the interior is of the NSX... let alone, the NSX-R...
the Ferrari... well, of course you pay an extra $160,000 for dubble stitched seats, a pretty underside... a manatino, traditional springs/dampers... and lastly... the badge. so yes, the vette isnt to the standard of the F cars

but of the NSX-R???? puhhlease... its the other way around, sherlock
hey, when you own a 2.5 ton 185 hp car... many things seem fast compared to you including my old Saab 9000 turbo ops:
nthfinity whos talking about interiors or badges for that matter. The only thing im talking about is i believe the F430 and NSX-R would tackle the twisty roads better. and that I believe the z06 review was fair thats it :roll:
Old 02-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

I am not Biased I genuinly believe that Z06 does not corner to the standard of the F430 and NSX, I believe its close, not as good though. Theres no favouritism in my in my decision unlike yours.
oh, so now he changes his story

on a tight track... HHR
F430 _____ 1:12.7
NSX-R____ 1:14.6
STD C6___1:14.8

there goes your theory about the NSX-R being a better handler
dont believe everything you see on Best Motoring
so... we all know the Z06 is faster, and even a C5 Zo6 is faster then the C6... so there goes your NSX-R argument right there
comparing the C5 vs C6 @ HHR 1:18.2= 3.4 seconds... and we'll esitmate that 100hp increase in power, and lower weight, wider tires, further refined chassis/suspension... at least another 2 seconds puts it on par with the F430

just an estimate... but im sure even you can see the logic there

Edit:
oh and the old 360 lapped HHR @ 1:15.1
and many have agreed that the C5 Z06 equalled, or bettered the 360 in the handling department.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #29
Daggernite
Regular User

Grrr nthfinity Grrr. Fair enough i have no problem with your estimation. But STILL the NSX-R must handle better if it can stay close to the 500bhp Z06. Same with the ferrari. The Corvette is only getting fast times because of the massive engine. Like this whole discussion is about, the Ferrari and NSX-R have better handling, thats the only point im trying to make, i mean the NSX-R has 280bhp. I rest my case.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #30
gangajas
Regular User

but the fact that the Z06 demands you sit up and pay attention 110% of the time the car is"unpredictable and stiff"..
C/D about the Z06:
'Swaggers like a bad-ass and is at times unpredictable.'
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote