Lame ass chop
luwalira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #47
Nick6
Regular User

Originally Posted by Schwalbe
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
To see a Porsche 997 GT3 in this state of test at the Ring when the production model was revealed indicate to me that there's strong chance that it's a improved model of the GT3, like a RS version.
The pic is quite old actually - previous to the GT3 launch at Geneva if I'm not mistaken...
I based my remark on the pictures that Svensson posted, but after several observations I must go to the obviousness that it's simply a 997 GT3. Nevertheless, I find that curious to see a 997 GT3 with the black color scheme tested on Nordschleife Ring last week.

The future 997 RS will probably look like the 997 GT3 Cup IMO.

That pic looks photoshoped.
Nick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:50 AM   #48
Cigarette1
Regular User

Rumour:

2007 Cayman 2.7 240PS
2007 Boxster S 3.4 295PS

Seems quite logical, Boxster S getting the 3.4 from the Cayman S.
And the Cayman will get the same engine as the Boxster.

EDIT: Cayman is already officially released ! Check "Porsche News"
Old 05-24-2006, 02:09 AM   #49
Schwalbe

Originally Posted by Nick6
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
To see a Porsche 997 GT3 in this state of test at the Ring when the production model was revealed indicate to me that there's strong chance that it's a improved model of the GT3, like a RS version.
The pic is quite old actually - previous to the GT3 launch at Geneva if I'm not mistaken...
I based my remark on the pictures that Svensson posted, but after several observations I must go to the obviousness that it's simply a 997 GT3. Nevertheless, I find that curious to see a 997 GT3 with the black color scheme tested on Nordschleife Ring last week.

The future 997 RS will probably look like the 997 GT3 Cup IMO.

That pic looks photoshoped.
Perhaps for you it looks photoshoped, but it's an official Porsche AG. picture of the 997 GT3 Cup.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:21 PM   #50
vexor
Regular User

Spy Shot: Panamera @ the Nurburgring

yes, it is the Panamera

Porsche’s Panamera project gains speed
Porsche issued a press release on Monday confirming the all-new four door sports coupe, Panamera, is going to be assembled in Leipzig Germany thus creating 600 new jobs. The body will be manufactured in the Volkswagen plant in Hannover, and the engines will come from Porsche’s home base in Stuttgart. Plans are to produce 20,000 units per year from 2009 onwards.

Since the Panamera is an all new model segment, Porsche has adopted vehicles from other various German manufacturers including Audi and BMW as well as their very own Cayenne to carry out the first stages of prototype development. While performing high speed testing at Nürburgring last week, Porsche engineers were spotted with one of the Panamera test mules using a BMW M5 body as its host. One of our spy photographers caught the M5 prototype showing a small glimpse of the Panamera’s future performance with truly tire smoking results. The Panamera will be a front-engined four seater with rear and all-wheel-drive. Power will come from multiple V8 and V10 engines delivering between 340 and 600 HP. The car is supposed to cost 70,000 to 100,000 Euros.
- WorldCarFans.com

very slick Porsche, very slick

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:32 AM   #51
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

Originally Posted by vexor
Spy Shot: Panamera @ the Nurburgring

yes, it is the Panamera

Porsche’s Panamera project gains speed
Porsche issued a press release on Monday confirming the all-new four door sports coupe, Panamera, is going to be assembled in Leipzig Germany thus creating 600 new jobs. The body will be manufactured in the Volkswagen plant in Hannover, and the engines will come from Porsche’s home base in Stuttgart. Plans are to produce 20,000 units per year from 2009 onwards.

Since the Panamera is an all new model segment, Porsche has adopted vehicles from other various German manufacturers including Audi and BMW as well as their very own Cayenne to carry out the first stages of prototype development. While performing high speed testing at Nürburgring last week, Porsche engineers were spotted with one of the Panamera test mules using a BMW M5 body as its host. One of our spy photographers caught the M5 prototype showing a small glimpse of the Panamera’s future performance with truly tire smoking results. The Panamera will be a front-engined four seater with rear and all-wheel-drive. Power will come from multiple V8 and V10 engines delivering between 340 and 600 HP. The car is supposed to cost 70,000 to 100,000 Euros.
- WorldCarFans.com

very slick Porsche, very slick
Are they allowed to do that? I mean with BMW badges and everything? and how the hell do they know it's a Porsche? it looks like a regular M5 with wider fenders...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:47 AM   #52
vexor
Regular User

^^^ well, Porsche engineers were driving it and testing it, so why would they use an M5 as a company car?

plus Porsche also thested the new car with a Cayenne cover

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #53
Cigarette1
Regular User

Found this on autoweek.com about the M5body ;

This looks a lot like a BMW M5, but closer examination and reports from the field indicate that hidden under this test mule is a prototype Z6 chassis.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../60523003/1024
Old 05-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #54
r2r
Regular User

^^^I wonder if we'll ever know the true anwear

Is it a BMW Z6 in an M5 body, or a BMW M5 body with the Porsche’s Panamera chassis :roll:

...or it's both, a BMW Z6 Panamera :shock:

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=653936#653936
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:19 PM   #55
Fleischmann
Regular User

Originally Posted by Cigarette1
Found this on autoweek.com about the M5body ;

This looks a lot like a BMW M5, but closer examination and reports from the field indicate that hidden under this test mule is a prototype Z6 chassis.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../60523003/1024
It's obvious something ishy is going on, just look at the flared wheel arches, the Panamera probably has a wide wheelbase.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:26 PM   #56
r2r
Regular User

^^ I doubt its a Porsche under that BMW body, since they already have the Cayenne body to test on.

It's most likely that the people at Worldcarfans.com jumped to conclusions too early, and the fact that autoweek indicated that it might be a BMW prototype under that body shows even more that they are wrong.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:25 AM   #57
Schwalbe

Perhaps it's only a BMW E60 M5 tuned by Porsche like the old Mercedes 500E in the 90'.

More seriously, I doubt seriously Porsche AG. would do that in 2006, they can use plenty of big sedan in the family like the Audi A8 and the VW Pheaton to carry out their tests, without forgetting the Porsche Cayenne.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:12 AM   #58
pimrusis
Regular User

I would think it woudl be difficult to adapt an M5 body to a new Porsche model. It would seem to me that it would be much easier to use the Cayenne body, as many have said.

P.S. Has anyone ever seen a car company use a competing company's body to test?
pimrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:52 AM   #59
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by pimrusis
I would think it woudl be difficult to adapt an M5 body to a new Porsche model. It would seem to me that it would be much easier to use the Cayenne body, as many have said.

P.S. Has anyone ever seen a car company use a competing company's body to test?
Bugatti used the Diablo while testing the Veyron and I cant remember who but someone used the old Cerbera as a mule, it may have been Mclaren. Not to mention Bentley making their mules look like Mercs.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:15 AM   #60
Schwalbe

^^^^^ 10 New models by 2010, yes sir !

BTW, nice 997 Targa.