Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 11-21-2005, 04:36 PM   #16
number77
Regular User

I was told that it will be released in 1 year, at low production.
The thing is that this will debuy at NAIAS in January with the Camaro.
number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #17
elbugalee
Regular User

Really much better than Charger, but I still love the classic thanks for the pics!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:06 PM   #18
HeilSvenska
Regular User

so for when a 'new' Superbird??
Hahaha, only if Plymouth still existed...

at least Dodge can still do the Charger Daytona...I mean from scratch, not those horrible riced out new "Chargers".
Old 11-22-2005, 02:39 AM   #19
noliebro
Regular User

cant believe i did not post this first, i have been waiting for this car, i have posted different things about this in the forum. I will take mine in plum crazy with a HEMI and a 5 speed Hurst shifter please. Thank you Jesus for this car. better start that second job.

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:45 AM   #20
FoxFour
Regular User

Still has that 'concept' in some ways but very production looking in other aspects. I think when it goes into production, the front end that everyone is criticizing about will be restyled in order to conform to North American front end bumper regulations.

More info: A new concept coupe to be shown at the Detroit auto show in January will take the name of Challenger. The long-expected two-door will take on the Ford Mustang directly with a chassis derived from Chrysler's 300C/Magnum twins, along with a 425-hp version of the HEMI V-8 in the most thrilling versions. Chrysler is expected to show the car as a concept at the show, but insiders suggest the vehicle will be in production as early as 2009 on a new version of the 300C platform. Chrysler has only offered this official sketch of the concept prior to the January auto show debut, but these spy shots were taken last week as the vehicle was prepared for its auto-show debut. Stay tuned for more information on the Challenger as TCC previews the Detroit auto show on December 15th.

I take it that we will see a 350 HP in a regular Challenger and a 425 HP in the SRT model.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:52 PM   #21
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Old 11-22-2005, 11:09 PM   #22
number77
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by number77
I was told that it will be released in 1 year, at low production.
The thing is that this will debuy at NAIAS in January with the Camaro.
at this point the Challenger is not approved for production even. If it does get approved for production, it will be tough to get it going within a year. I'm sure it is possible, however they haven't prepared at all for its production.

as for the Camaro......it may or may not be at Detroit at NAIAS! When i asked someone from the GM Advanced Design team about the Camaro, he gave a pretty negative response regarding it....but then again, maybe he was just tricking me cos he knew i'd relay the info to you guys. LOL
It is gonna be at NAIAS, no if ands or buts!

number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:01 AM   #23
FoxFour
Regular User

Mopar put out some very hot looking designs in the late 60's and early '70's. The old Challenger front end was cool looking then and still cool now. Where the Mustang, especially the V-6 appeals to women, this car has macho written all over it.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:54 PM   #24
hemi_fan
Regular User

I hope they offer a V6 version as well... Then it'll be just like the original, with a huge range of engines. The V6 versions might suck when they're first released, but wait 20 years until you're lookin for a good-condition SRT8... instead you could just swap out a V6

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:31 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

The interior is perfect.

It is a retro inside and out.

Nice looker.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:48 PM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

nice pics.... i do have to agree with the interior being too flat... but flat saves on dev. costs

the seats! they look great

oh... and a DXC v8 with a manuel!!!! !
Old 01-04-2006, 01:15 AM   #27
corvette97
Regular User

is that thing really going into production? i'll have to start saving LOVE the retro line of the back window is very retro
Old 01-04-2006, 01:18 AM   #28
RC45
Regular User

I loved the concept Mustang - but the production looks too much like it was committee finished for old ladies.

If the Challenger looks like this when going on sale, I'll buy one - but we know it'll end up looking all softened and committee adjusted and focus-group altered.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:28 AM   #29
bmagni
Regular User

/\/\ exactly, that always happens in the concept to production transition, so i wouldnt expect much... concepts are made to impress, paying a lot of attention to details, and then comes mass production
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:16 AM   #30
LotusGT1
Regular User

Outside looks great, inside looks like it's going to be cheap-ass. I think the styling cues of this Challenger have more chance to survive as the Mustang Concept had....only thing I really see them changing are the backlights....