Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 08-27-2005, 01:52 PM   #31
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Maybe now our cars will begin to be taken seriously...
they have been taken seriously, but no one likes them
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 02:27 PM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
Originally Posted by RC45
Maybe now our cars will begin to be taken seriously...
they have been taken seriously, but no one likes them
Be careful - people may label you as a Yankee-lover before long

Originally Posted by gucom
we're not in a big anti-US conspiracy (well im not anyway)
That;s the thing - it is part of your and your buddies subconscious - you have been conditioned to disparage all things US

You folks don't even realize you do it... it comes naturally
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 02:37 PM   #33
gucom
Regular User

yeah it must be my dutch genes that tell me to hate the US, after all the dutch have ALWAYS hated the US
Old 08-27-2005, 02:55 PM   #34
sameerrao
Regular User

Extremely impressive times 8) - I think C&D got the same 0-60 for a Euro 430 but the American 430 is heavier and slower.

The 0-60, 0-100, 0-150 of a Ford GT is 3.6, 8.4, 19.1 - so the Z06 puts it to shade -now thats awesome considering it has 50 hp lesser than the GT. It must be at least 200 lb or more lighter to get such times.

Sure it is not in the same class as the Enzo or CGT or Zonda F but it is pretty darn close and would cost 1/4 - 1/6 as much.

The Z06s (both of them) are objectively as good if not better as cars 2X-3X its price. The only thing going for the Italians and Germans are subjective factors like style, pedigree, quality of handling (not g numbers per se but how it corners).

Considering that C5s are going for USD30K now it would be a great buy for the price of a 2000 Boxster S.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

yeah it must be my dutch genes that tell me to hate the US, after all the dutch have ALWAYS hated the US
Actually - it goes back further than that - it's the British you really hate.. and all things of British heritage..
Old 08-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #36
gucom
Regular User

actually i absolutely love britishness, their cars, their humour, their car shows, London, the small parts of rural England that i've seen...i love it all
but then again we've never been at war with the US, while we have bee nat war with Britain, France and Spain all at once...and won if im not mistaken
we're totally OT here btw
Old 08-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #37
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

their cars maybe, but their humor?
Old 08-27-2005, 03:53 PM   #38
gucom
Regular User

yes absolutely my friend, its brilliant...never watched top gear?
Old 08-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

actually i absolutely love britishness, their cars, their humour, their car shows, London, the small parts of rural England that i've seen...i love it all
but then again we've never been at war with the US, while we have bee nat war with Britain, France and Spain all at once...and won if im not mistaken
we're totally OT here btw
No we are not OT..

Because the old colony has returned with a 2nd generation of car that beats the Euros..

If this isn't war... then what is ?? hehe
Old 08-27-2005, 04:20 PM   #40
gucom
Regular User

ah well atleast were not at war with each other, cos i dont think either of holland's sports car manufacturers (Spyker and Donkervoort(pimped caterham maker)) is competing with Corvette...and be glad about that cos no1 could ever beat spyker
Old 08-27-2005, 07:38 PM   #41
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

i almost forgot comparing the Z06 to the Ford GT until sameerrao brought up the accelleration date...

anyone know of a 'Ring time for the Ford GT?

gucom, the c6 Z06 would be a nice opponent for the spyker in my opinion.. it's really going to be nice to see heads up comparisons with supercars from the other side of the pond which are easily twice as much money..

i dont think i've ever actually laughed at any of the "jokes" the hosts of top gear crack.. except when i laugh AT them
Old 08-27-2005, 07:49 PM   #42
graywolf624
Regular User

anyone know of a 'Ring time for the Ford GT?
It never officially ran.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:56 PM   #43
gucom
Regular User

i dont think i've ever actually laughed at any of the "jokes" the hosts of top gear crack.. except when i laugh AT them
lol k u obviously dont get their humour - i do but thats ok
the c6 Z06 would be a nice opponent for the spyker in my opinion.. it's really going to be nice to see heads up comparisons with supercars from the other side of the pond which are easily twice as much money..
yes but in my eyes the Spyker isn't so much focused on super performance (although ofcourse beign a supercar it's gotta be very fast and all) but more on looks, show-off and exclusivity. It will indeed be interesting to see the Z06 compared to other performance supercars (GT3, F430, and loads of others) and as was already said the Ford GT...wow the people at ford aren't gonna be happy about the Z06 lol...another american with comparable performance, but then based on a "normal" sportscar like the corvette, and also i believe alot cheaper...better hope for Ford they've already sold all of their GT's (although i would still rather have a Ford GT cos it looks AWESOME IMO) cos the Z06 is a serious competitor for it
Old 08-27-2005, 08:02 PM   #44
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by pharzo
Originally Posted by T-Bird
I'm sure if you had the money to make it equal to a C6R in terms of handling and performance it would spank the shit out of an Enzo and CGT on Nordschleife.
And I'm sure if you had the money to make an Enzo equal to an FXX it would "spank the shit" out of everything
What he said.
well the original statement said with some tuning it will be at Enzo Performance and you said not possible but infact it is with some tuning so don't go miss quoting stuff here.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:38 PM   #45
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by pharzo
I'm sure if you had the money to make it equal to a C6R in terms of handling and performance it would spank the shit out of an Enzo and CGT on Nordschleife.
And I'm sure if you had the money to make an Enzo equal to an FXX it would "spank the shit" out of everything
What he said.
well the original statement said with some tuning it will be at Enzo Performance and you said not possible but infact it is with some tuning so don't go miss quoting stuff here.
Well same. With some tunning you can get 700bhp out of that V12. I have no doubt about that. It does have the potential to have FXX power, which uses the same engine that is tuned. And factory tunes engines with reliability in mind. So it could in a 3rd party tuners hands do even more then the FXX.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote