Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 08-27-2005, 09:18 AM   #16
pharzo
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
I'm sure if you had the money to make it equal to a C6R in terms of handling and performance it would spank the shit out of an Enzo and CGT on Nordschleife.
And I'm sure if you had the money to make an Enzo equal to an FXX it would "spank the shit" out of everything

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #17
gangajas
Regular User

It is a great car, but American magazines' tests are not very reliable.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #18
gucom
Regular User

now there's an unbiased point of view
but to be honest the mag whose opinion im gonna trust most is evo
Old 08-27-2005, 10:37 AM   #19
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by pharzo
Originally Posted by T-Bird
I'm sure if you had the money to make it equal to a C6R in terms of handling and performance it would spank the shit out of an Enzo and CGT on Nordschleife.
And I'm sure if you had the money to make an Enzo equal to an FXX it would "spank the shit" out of everything
What he said.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #20
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Vansquish
Not the C5 Z06 even modded w/heads/cams the figures are variable. The 505hp/511bhp figure is for the C6 Z06.
? heads/cam LS6 will net 425rwhp as normal.. nothing special.

the 505/511 number is USA SAE HP / DIN PS.
lol...sorry, made a nebulous statement there. I was trying to say that the manufacturer claim for the C6 Z06 is 505hp/511bhp and that the C5 Z06 could produce just about anything from 400-500+ depending on the state of tune and what heads/cams are used.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:28 AM   #21
graywolf624
Regular User

To answer some questions on the c6 zo6
Cost in the US is 65000 dollars.
The car was uprated to 505 hp thanks to the new tests they have from sae. It causes most of the gm lineup to raise in rating and most japanese cars to drop ironically. It involves things like whether the accessories belt has to be attached on dino.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:30 PM   #22
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
It is a great car, but American magazines' tests are not very reliable.
You are correct - they always get slower 0-60, slower 1/4 mile and longer 60-0 times than the cars are capabe of

Thats why they are a great source
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 12:32 PM   #23
gucom
Regular User

well i really doubt the z06 could do a 0-60 thats noticably faster than 3.6...but we'll see. isn't there a chance they might do their absolute best they can to get the best time out of the 'vette cos its an american icon?
Old 08-27-2005, 01:16 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
Impressive performance !! I can't wait to read the tests
Quite possibly the nicest Frenchman in the world

Originally Posted by yg60m
But, just a question, I thought that the 7:42 posted on the Nurb was made with the prototype of the Blue Devil with two Turbos driven by Jan Magnussen, isn't it the case ?
This is how ugly rumours start

The "Blue Devil" concept exists in design (maybe in car form as well), but was not the car taken to the Nurburgring. And considering Jan M and John H both confirmed they were driving a C6 Z06, I thought we had cleared that up a long time ago

A twin turbo car would make waayyyyyyy more than 600hp
Old 08-27-2005, 01:24 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
well i really doubt the z06 could do a 0-60 thats noticably faster than 3.6...but we'll see. isn't there a chance they might do their absolute best they can to get the best time out of the 'vette cos its an american icon?
Again with fucking anti-US sentiment :roll:

Some of you are such arseholes - you cannot even have a car discussion without jabbing at US this US that. :roll:

Old 08-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #26
ZfrkS62
Regular User

does it come with a musical horn too?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 01:33 PM   #27
gucom
Regular User

Some of you are such arseholes - you cannot even have a car discussion without jabbing at US this US that. :roll:

RC dont be so dumb, alot of countries' car media write more favourably about their own cars, JC is known to say ALOT of good things about british cars, dutch car mags write about how Spyker is one of the fastest and the best supercars on the planet, etc etc etc. i didnt mean any anti-US sentiment with it
Old 08-27-2005, 01:42 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

RC dont be so dumb, alot of countries' car media write more favourably about their own cars, JC is known to say ALOT of good things about british cars, dutch car mags write about how Spyker is one of the fastest and the best supercars on the planet, etc etc etc. i didnt mean any anti-US sentiment with it
gucom - don't you be so dumb (it seems this is now an accepted formof greeting on JW )

IF you ever bothered reading the many car magazines(yes - even "US" Car mags), you would know that Viper, Vette and Mustang are treated with the same contempt you are treating them - just because they are American cars.

Saying something as stupid as "isn't there a chance they might do their absolute best they can to get the best time out of the 'vette cos its an american icon?" is simply your way of jabbing at a US car because you have nothing further valid to add to the discussion. :roll:
Old 08-27-2005, 01:47 PM   #29
graywolf624
Regular User

isn't there a chance they might do their absolute best they can to get the best time out of the 'vette cos its an american icon?
Other then motor trends review of the gt40, all of those magazines are known to have some of the worst drivers on the planet. Really sad cause you think it would be different, but what does it say when (for example) the 88 camaro iroc I had was in their magazine for running a 14.6 in 1988. 15 years later, completely stock with all sorts of problems(before I did the mods and made it completely undragable) I ran a 14.6. I might be good at corners, but I know damn well I shouldnt be able to pull as good a time as a professional with any car in a drag race cause it is not my forte. Espcially not in a 15 year old car with 100000 miles.

Car and driver and motortrend both fall over themselves to put foreign cars over American cars. It often comes off as snobbery.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:51 PM   #30
gucom
Regular User

no RC actually im just wondering cos 3.6 is a really fast time, but since the F430 did the same i was probably wrong in thinking it was almost impossible for hte Z06 to reach it...but still i in no way meant to jab at the US or US cars, and no i hardly ever read american car mags, whats wrong with asking a question about them? i said "isnt there a chance", not "im sure". i htink it was a valid question. dont be so suspicious of everything, its not my goal in life to say as many bad things about the US as possible, although you seem convinced otherwise. even a bigger shock to you: there are actually things i like about the US, and id like to go there some time, and not to find more things to complain about...as i said dont be suspicious of everything, we're not in a big anti-US conspiracy (well im not anyway)