Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 06-17-2005, 02:07 AM   #1
Global Warming
Regular User

Default New Z06 pictures

"Pricing has finally been announced for the 2006 Corvette Z06. The fastest production Vette ever will start at $65,800 including destination and freight charges. That makes it arguably the best performance deal in the high-end market, considering the hand-built 505 HP LS7 and a variety of aluminum, titanium, and carbon-fiber goodies. GM claims a 0-60 MPH time of 3.7 seconds, and most estimates put its top speed somewhere around 200 MPH (it’s unlikely that GM will supply an official number, so we’ll need to wait for road tests). The question, of course, is how many buyers will line up to pay over $65K for a Chevrolet, because world-class performance notwithstanding, it may not have the prestige that many buyers seek in that price range. Hopefully the comprehensive performance upgrades to the drivetrain, chassis, suspension, braking system, and body will help it to achieve better marketplace success than the ZR1. Expect to see it hitting dealerships in the fourth quarter of this year."
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000993046584/

I think it should be called "Global Supercar Hunter"!!

and its looks are pretty nice too.
Global Warming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:41 AM   #2
racer_f50
Regular User

looks sweet in black
quite a shame about those horribly large watermarks on the pics, though.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:48 AM   #3
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

Originally Posted by racer_f50
looks sweet in black
quite a shame about those horribly large watermarks on the pics, though.
yea i think the same, that large watermarks are so stupyd and innecesary.

this car will be better than viper srt-10 ? i think yes, but all of pieces in plastic are so ugly is the only bad of this car, for me.

3.7 secs 0-100, is awesome, 505 hps, and more than 200mph for 65k, i think i so great
Old 06-17-2005, 05:11 AM   #4
blah
Regular User

Holy shit thats good looking. :shock:
Old 06-17-2005, 05:12 AM   #5
saadie
Regular User

wow ..... this has really crossed my expectations ...
hope RC buys it 8)
btw .. i see a bit of vipeness in the front ... :roll:
Old 06-17-2005, 05:51 AM   #6
5vz-fe
Regular User

Gorgeous looking car!!.........rool
Old 06-17-2005, 06:28 AM   #7
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

I like this car, but as usual the interior is a turn off, and I already saw one in real, I pressed with my finger against the body panels and they are so flexible, it felt like a toy
And the price is a bit too high for it to be a "real" bang for buck.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:51 AM   #8
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Still horrid looking but better then the C6.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:53 AM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
I like this car, but as usual the interior is a turn off, and I already saw one in real, I pressed with my finger against the body panels and they are so flexible, it felt like a toy
1st off - the rear panel is plastic - the same as every other car on the planet deformable plastic to conform to regulations.

The carbon fibre fenders don't "bend like plasti" - and neither do the doors or hood/bonnet.

So - on the "flexible" thing :fist: and as to the price - name one single other regular production, dealer sold and srviced daily driver full service automobile thst can meet the posted numbers for the price - just name one.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:34 AM   #10
Blip
Regular User

Very tough looking car, I like it.
and the interior looks simple and functional. You will hardly have time to look inside the cockpit anyway...with this kind of performance.

btw what does the DNF on the windscreen mean. Did Not Finish ?

Drive it like you stole it !
Blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:38 AM   #11
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR

Looks like shit, shitty interior, leaf spring bathtub, but your wrong, one thing were it does win is in the bang for the buck category.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:41 AM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Funny thing is that now everyone takes notice of "the Z06" - 5 years ago I would struggle to conduct a conversion with so called "car enthusdiasts" because they had no idea there was a 0-60 4s, 175mph, 60-0 in 110ft, 7m56s capable Nurburg hotlapper from the Corvette stable...
It was only after it posted th 7m56s and the LeMan crown fell twice in succesion to the C5R that they admitted it was what we said it was all along...

...now you can't shut them up about ragging on it...
Old 06-17-2005, 09:54 AM   #13
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Funny thing is that now everyone takes notice of "the Z06" - 5 years ago I would struggle to conduct a conversion with so called "car enthusdiasts" because they had no idea there was a 0-60 4s, 175mph, 60-0 in 110ft, 7m56s capable Nurburg hotlapper from the Corvette stable...
It was only after it posted th 7m56s and the LeMan crown fell twice in succesion to the C5R that they admitted it was what we said it was all along...

Z06 is still a special like the CS, not a full on main production model. And I was never impressed with the stock C5, which I think is shite, my opinion anyway.

And Chevy boys just started getting it right with the gen 5 chassis with the Z06...

So to me Corvette doesnt get much respect, "Z06" does. Cause its the only model that is as fast as some 100k + competition.

When you talk about Corvette I think "c5 Coupe, ZR1" which are shit poser cars.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:04 AM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Z06 is still a special like the CS
This goes in my sig - yeah baby.. the Crown Prince Tifosi just said the "Z06 is like the CS..."
Old 06-17-2005, 12:17 PM   #15
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by RC45

Z06 is still a special like the CS, not a full on main production model. And I was never impressed with the stock C5, which I think is shite, my opinion anyway.

And Chevy boys just started getting it right with the gen 5 chassis with the Z06...

So to me Corvette doesnt get much respect, "Z06" does. Cause its the only model that is as fast as some 100k + competition.

When you talk about Corvette I think "c5 Coupe, ZR1" which are shit poser cars.
in 2004, it was 17% of every corvette made... 5,683 total Z06's... how many CS's were made? how many 360's were made alotogether? somewhere less then the number of Z06's sold i think
for the new Z, Dave Hill expects 1 in 5 vettes to be a Z06.

oh, and the ZR-1... 405 hp 7500 rpm redline, top speed 190 ish... nearly as well at the turns as the Z06... so, this car is just a poser car?