Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 06-26-2004, 03:06 PM   #31
T-Bird
Regular User

well I could accept it as a Light SUV since it wouldn't be the only one in that category based on a car.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 03:12 PM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by toronto
graywolf624- yes i understand your point but, "PT Cruiser is really a small minivan" it really is a minivan at hart maybe, but the USA government says it is a truck, so it is a truck i am sorry. I know it is based on a neon or what ever but if you read this they could only call it a truck for many reasons

http://www.chicagolandmopar.com/news/w000311d.asp

T-Bird (is that is your real name )

"Shares of Chrysler (C) were off 11/16 at 48-5/16 late Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
Chrysler's $38 billion transatlantic merger with Daimler-Benz is entering the finishing stretch.
Last week, Daimler-Benz shareholders
Show me a picture of the PT Cruiser license plate.

If it is legally a truck then the license plate will reflect that fact.

Similarly will the insurance industry reflect it as such.

BTW - isn't it quite flattering, that of all the companies in the world that Daimler chose to purchase, they chose Chrylser - must have been because they rrealised that they could 1.) learn a few things about actual mass produciton and 2.) how to become really profitable...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 04:08 PM   #33
cooperluke
Regular User

IMO... European cars are much much better...

But that.. is just my opinion...

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 06:50 PM   #34
mit5005
Regular User

Originally Posted by cooperluke
IMO... European cars are much much better...

But that.. is just my opinion...
Well thanks for this useless comment.
Anyways, the fact is that you can't compare these brands by referring to personal experiences with them like Toronto did in this topic. Because my relator has a 745i and she has been having problems with it since she bought it a year ago. And my friend's e46 M3's inside door handles are deteriorating. If you want to compare brands, use collective information and not personal experience because that means nothing.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 03:30 PM   #35
amanthapar
Regular User

hmmm MIT500.... THESE small problems like door handles detoriating .. happen to all cars.. euro cars are not perfect.. it depends how ur bitch friend had maintained it? did it occur to u that those euro cars need more attention ?

and who cares? my E class stalled, had to get the engine pump fixed... so what ?
lol...
its still better than any american car .. okay most ..
amanthapar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 03:34 PM   #36
Tomerville
Regular User

Not only that the Plastic is falling off the plastic ( ) on the Escalades dash board while the Bmw is as good and new.
That is just one crap experience, As graywolf said, follow the J.D. Power ratings.

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 04:30 AM   #37
amanthapar
Regular User

i hate it when americans defend themselves talk about the PRICE..

i said once said that enzo cannot be beaten by any car...
and some jackass said oh well nothing costs half of that ... well if v all took price into account we should be talking abt hondas, and cars under 50 grand or so...

so when someone talks about the price... its of no value here.. we only wanna know abt which car is better piece of enigeering... who cares abt price... (its not like we are seriously talking so we can buy one tomorrow lol)
amanthapar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 04:34 AM   #38
blah
Regular User

How the hell is the PT Cruiser a truck? It has no bed, it doesnt have much a towing capability, or anything else. I think of the PT as a car, just like the Scion. Id love to see a PT try and go offroading.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:03 PM   #39
LotusGT1
Regular User

Default Re: European Cars are not Overpriced, Americans just build s

Originally Posted by RC45
I love how RC45 says that a bmw m and an AMG are overpriced.
They are not.
I do not believe I have ever said that those cars are overpriced. But if it makes you happy to say so then knock yourself out.
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=11432&start=0

First post.

This topic sucks btw.
LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 06:45 PM   #40
graywolf624
Regular User

i said once said that enzo cannot be beaten by any car...
and some jackass said oh well nothing costs half of that ... well if v all took price into account we should be talking abt hondas, and cars under 50 grand or so...
The point is that saying the enzo handles better then american cars.. doesnt say that american cars arent that good.. Its like apples to oranges. If you use that as an example.. every car not from italy sucks.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:25 PM   #41
graywolf624
Regular User

Prize must be taken into consideration if its not a matter of the best car period.

But if we are talking of the best car a company can produce it shouldnt be a factor, if the saleen is the best handling car from America it have to go up against the Enzo maybe, prize shouldnt be a factor, cuz this is the best car you are capable of producing deal with it, dont put in "yes it gets beaten but your car are more expensive than ours so it should beat it"
Ok.. no one but italian cars can handle.. I think that settles this arguement under your rules.

We were wondering the difference between european and american cars.. not the pinacle of 1 countries achievement.. Or are you telling me that the americans, japanese, germans, and british all suck at making cars cause they couldnt make a car to compete with the enzo..

That makes no sense.

The best car period isnt important in this discussion.. cause there can only be 1 best car.. which as I said, means italians are the only ones that make good cars.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:29 PM   #42
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
I love how RC45 says that a bmw m and an AMG are overpriced.
They are not.
I do not believe I have ever said that those cars are overpriced. But if it makes you happy to say so then knock yourself out.
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=11432&start=0

First post.

This topic sucks btw.
Your point?

When last have you actually driven cars like this back to back to base your comments on?

All you "wannabes" are really entertaining - in the mean time I am satisfied that as a used purchase the CTS-V is the best bang for the buck.. period.

The last M5 I drove didn't impress... what did you think of the last real car you drove?
Old 06-28-2004, 10:32 PM   #43
T-Bird
Regular User

I take it your gonna buy a CTS-V the instant you find a good used one aren't you RC45
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:38 PM   #44
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
I take it your gonna buy a CTS-V the instant you find a good used one aren't you RC45
Hell yeah...
Old 06-29-2004, 03:11 AM   #45
LotusGT1
Regular User

Your point?

When last have you actually driven cars like this back to back to base your comments on?

All you "wannabes" are really entertaining - in the mean time I am satisfied that as a used purchase the CTS-V is the best bang for the buck.. period.

The last M5 I drove didn't impress... what did you think of the last real car you drove?
Your point ?

About the CTS-V vs. M3 vs. M5

You made yourself look like a moron by the comments you made in the thread I linked you to. Don't think because you own a Z06 you can consider yourself a racer. LOL, looking at the basic mistake you made it's safe to assume your nothing more or less than a pedal masher. Talking about wannabe...

You are full of shit, that's my point
LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote