Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 07-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #76
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by unwilling View Post
dude, evo8, you're doomed
Nonsense.

He just grappled on a few ideas, and met others with opposing views on those ideas. We all benefit from it
Old 07-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #77
fordgt84
Regular User

i just saw the video, and damn that thing is crazy fast... definitely need balls of steel to get the most from it

one question about the engine though (yes another one), does it have the same bottom end as the ls3? or are the pistons, rods etc different? i ask cuz it sounds extra mean in the video... and surprisingly no whine at all from the supercharger
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #78
unwilling
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Nonsense.

He just grappled on a few ideas, and met others with opposing views on those ideas. We all benefit from it
But until he at least accepts that more truth is held in others ideas he doesn't benefit.
unwilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #79
graywolf624
Regular User

does it have the same bottom end as the ls3? or are the pistons, rods etc different?
Different rods, pistons, etc. The only real similarity is the block, which has been reenforced.. Believe me I asked..
Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #80
RC45
Regular User

^ doesnt matter - as soon as the brakes go one sale, I think I'll buy a set (prices are astonishingly low) and then when the blower and intercooler comeup as spares, I am thinking BoostZilla for '09
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:27 AM   #81
FPVPSI
Regular User

not taking nothing away from the ZR1, but we have to compare apples and apples...

i mean this is the best Chev makes, if you were to compare it against the best Nissan makes it would have to be the future V-Spec version of the GT-R, which im sure will be very close if not quicker then the ZR1 around the ring....
Old 07-12-2008, 12:31 PM   #82
graywolf624
Regular User

if you were to compare it against the best Nissan makes it would have to be the future V-Spec version of the GT-R,
Its not exactly coshure to compare the ZR1 to a car that doesnt even exist at present. The Base GTR is the top Nissan at the moment. That being said, I dont personally think the base gtr can beat the z06 if it wasnt fiddled with.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #83
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624 View Post
That being said, I dont personally think the base gtr can beat the z06 if it wasnt fiddled with.
We shall very soon begin to see validaiton that the GT-R is pretty much the same as the 911 Turbo and C6 Z06, and that it is going to be quite obvious customer cars will NEVER be able to do what the Nissan press cars have been able to do.

Think botu it this way - the GT-R has been on sale for almost 2 months now - yet not one single video, photo or other evidence of a single GT-R dominating trackdays anywhere - If the car was as good as people have been lead to believe it is then just like the GT3, Z06 etc the GT-R should have been dominating trackevents from day 1....

But it hasn't

Back to the ZR1, it rolled up in street trim and layed down one of the best time ever... nuff said
Old 07-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #84
toffytofik
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Think botu it this way - the GT-R has been on sale for almost 2 months now - yet not one single video, photo or other evidence of a single GT-R dominating trackdays anywhere
1. You're from Texas
2. Texas belongs to North America
3. The first GTR in North America was sold 5 days ago

Hmm, something doesn't add up... one of the three must be false!

Wait, i recently found out that no GTRs been dominating Circuit de Spa lately...

Oh, now i see!

You're from Belgium!

So the fact #2 was false after all! Texas in fact is situated in Belgium!

Damn my geography sucks ass!
toffytofik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #85
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by toffytofik View Post
1. You're from Texas
2. Texas belongs to North America
3. The first GTR in North America was sold 5 days ago

Hmm, something doesn't add up... one of the three must be false!

Wait, i recently found out that no GTRs been dominating Circuit de Spa lately...

Oh, now i see!

You're from Belgium!

So the fact #2 was false after all! Texas in fact is situated in Belgium!

Damn my geography sucks ass!
US SPec GT-R's have been beig delivered around the world to "early program" buyers for over a month I believe.

Again - if this car was so good then we would have been hearing how GT-R's are blowing everyone driving a GT3, Z06, GT2 or 911T into weeds around road courses in the countries where early program buyers already have their cars - right?

Intead, we are reading about failing transmissions, fear of warranty voiding and how '"cool" the gold paint looks

And by the way, Texas has a VERY strong road course contingent - in otherwords, many hundreds of cars are on the many road courses in Texas every weekend.

Next?

Last edited by RC45; 07-12-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #86
toffytofik
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Next?
How's wife?
Old 07-12-2008, 05:59 PM   #87
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by toffytofik View Post
How's wife?
Not sure - she's not yet back from that spending spree I sent her on.. with your credit card
Old 07-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #88
toffytofik
Regular User

Give me back my two dollars you bastard!

Old 07-13-2008, 01:54 AM   #89
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo8 View Post
Ralliart.

The 1000-1200hp Skylines are reliable. It's just that they were built by smart people who know how to push the engine just to the limit, without breaking it.

A truly fast car is one that goes fast even with little power.

Nevermind that those cars are only reliable when in "street tune" where they run 91 octane and maybe half of the boost at best, at which point they become 500-600 hp skylines. Fail. 4 and 6 cylinders making that much power (like most any car making that much power) are generally dyno queens and trailer queen dragsters. Or worse, dedicated show cars.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #90
SHIZL
Regular User

not completley sure but i think they moved it to a 7:27.4 on the wiki but moved it to the fastest production car fucking badass i was just looking at it who knows what they'll change or decide next but i think they need a way to not let these manafacter's run the tests i think there needs to be a governing body to overlook all these claimed time not to say there wrong but just to really find out who is the real ring king because as of now its american engineering who would of thought but got to love it anybody have any good ideas of how they can make sure that they are production models and lap times are fair how could they do that ? anyway i dont want a car thats setup for nur so why is it becoming such a big deal
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote