Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 05-15-2006, 03:00 PM   #16
bmagni
Regular User

not impressed at all, I thought it was gonna be faster, still the TG times are much like the Ring times...
they should do a mano a mano feature with the F430, Gallardo and 997 TT
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:47 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
not impressed at all, I thought it was gonna be faster, still the TG times are much like the Ring times...
they should do a mano a mano feature with the F430, Gallardo and 997 TT
thought it was going to be faster?
well, agreed... the car coudl've gone .2 of a second faster if the launch was proper... and perhaps another .2-.3 of a second if he drove a little less sideways, and lapped like he did with the Suzuki.

so that is a 1:21.9 ->1:22.4 seconds.... think of all the cars that are slower then it! thought it woudl be faster... what a fanboy statement :roll:

head to head vs. an F430? we just saw its better in every way except interior/exterior styling. not that i would say a "head to head" comparisson wouldn't be "nice"
Old 05-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #18
bmagni
Regular User

thats why I want a real comparison...
I don't think the F430 is slower than the 360 CS, the Z06 could have been faster, and we all want to see how the Turbo performs...
but the odds are were never see it... maybe in one of Road and Track's "Best Handling cars" issue...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #19
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
It's weird how Clarkson compared that to a 575, yet RC has been telling us to compare it to the GT3RS and 360CS, lightened and tightened versions of other road cars.

It did do an amazing time and it beat the shit out of the 575. However, I thought it would be even faster and as the times show, slower then the cars I mentioned. Obviously cheaper as well, so I guess that puts things in perspective.

The car handled itself on the lap very well tho, I almost couldn't belive how neutrual it looked through the corners, no fuss no nothing. Great track car for sure.
RC was right, it should be compared to the GT3RS and 360CS. IT might be slower, but only by 0.1 of a second. It could be anything that maked that biut of difference. The stig could have taken it out for a few more laps and easily shaved another 10th off the time to make it equal with the cars that cost 100K more.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #20
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

The launch was where the Stigg lost most of the time..

It sure isn't easy to get Chevy's 3.7s? 0-60 time with all that Torque, lack of weight and RWD.

I'd imagine it would of beaten the Ford GT on the TG track though..

If you ask me, Top Gear/Stigg plays with the TG test track laptimes. The Z06 is much more of a performer than the GT..