Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 02-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #31
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Grrr nthfinity Grrr. Fair enough i have no problem with your estimation. But STILL the NSX-R must handle better if it can stay close to the 500bhp Z06. Same with the ferrari. The Corvette is only getting fast times because of the massive engine. Like this whole discussion is about, the Ferrari and NSX-R have better handling, thats the only point im trying to make, i mean the NSX-R has 280bhp. I rest my case.
LMAO
you were pointing out that on a tight track, the Vette would fair much worse... i simply disproved that falacy.
the NSX-R also hits the scalse much less then even a Z06... yes, it is a good handler... but on a tight circuit... its only .2 seconds faster then a C6
C6
3259 lb. car
NSX-R
2900 lb car
F360
3064 lb car
NSX-R
.22 bhp / kg (10lb/hp)
C6
.27 bhp / kg (8.1lb/hp)
F360 .29bhp/kg (7.66lb/hp)

the straights arent so long that even hi-po cars make up the difference

about "and ferraris having better handling" may i remind you that it has just as much power C6, and the C6 is faster/heavier/same power.

you simply buy into a badge there... a very nice F1 winning badge (well, not last year... but not any renaults seem race inspired in production today)
Old 02-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
Originally Posted by RC45
but the fact that the Z06 demands you sit up and pay attention 110% of the time the car is"unpredictable and stiff"..
C/D about the Z06:
'Swaggers like a bad-ass and is at times unpredictable.'
And that trait gives the 911 "character" but makes the Z06 "not so good"? hehe

Talk abotu double standard...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:28 PM   #33
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^
why do i get the feeling your just sitting back chuckling watching the last few comments between Daggernite and myself
Old 02-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #34
RC45
Regular User

^^^^

Old 02-09-2006, 05:49 PM   #35
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Grrr nthfinity Grrr. Fair enough i have no problem with your estimation. But STILL the NSX-R must handle better if it can stay close to the 500bhp Z06. Same with the ferrari. The Corvette is only getting fast times because of the massive engine. Like this whole discussion is about, the Ferrari and NSX-R have better handling, thats the only point im trying to make, i mean the NSX-R has 280bhp. I rest my case.
LMAO
you were pointing out that on a tight track, the Vette would fair much worse... i simply disproved that falacy.
the NSX-R also hits the scalse much less then even a Z06... yes, it is a good handler... but on a tight circuit... its only .2 seconds faster then a C6
C6
3259 lb. car
NSX-R
2900 lb car
F360
3064 lb car
NSX-R
22 bhp / kg (10lb/hp)
C6
.27 bhp / kg (8.1lb/hp)
F360 .29bhp/kg (7.66lb/hp)

the straights arent so long that even hi-po cars make up the difference

about "and ferraris having better handling" may i remind you that it has just as much power C6, and the C6 is faster/heavier/same power.

you simply buy into a badge there... a very nice F1 winning badge (well, not last year... but not any renaults seem race inspired in production today)

3 Straights after one another more or less:roll: and that nordkurve could probably be taken as a straight anyway all you gotta do is brake by the looks of it, its like a super long straight . No disrespect, what your saying makes sense, estimations seem fair and everything, but cars are more than specs and numbers to me. I'm just going to wait and see till its been out awhile and been tested before I can say it takes corners as good as the best. and I hope it does, at that price it would be amazing. But giving me laps times doe'nt prove it can take corners as good as the big dogs, its most likely means its got a bigger engine than them.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #36
nthfinity
Regular User

3 Straights after one another more or less:roll:
very short straights... on tight circuits such as this... an extra .3 g will negate 100 hp... as the slower cornering car has to make up ... depending on a turn...a 5+mph difference... the lenght of those straights is definately decieving to scale... 1.6 miles... yes, a hi-po car will make up a difference... but it also has to brake earlier even if it has the same cornering ability... so there again... the NSX/F360 would seem to win out... less weight = better braking power... so the hevier C6 has to even brake earlier as its supposedly going faster in the straights... and weighs more.... mabey its just a better car overall?
No disrespect,
right back at ya
but cars are more than specs and numbers to me. I'm just going to wait and see till its been out awhile and been tested before I can say it takes corners as good as the best. and I hope it does, at that price it would be amazing.
agreed... this is why so many mustang cobras, and Lightnings are able to push Corvettes, and Z06's on the street... a lot comes down to the drivers own ability to be comfortable pushing his car.... so often, the car is way beyond the driver in terms of true sports cars... including NSX-R's and F360's and F430's, CGT's, Enzos etc. and even in the case of cars like the F50 GT... it has to be pushed hard to work right... othewise, it just isn't generating the heat in the tires/brakes... the d/f needed...

But giving me laps times doe'nt prove it can take corners as good as the big dogs, its most likely means its got a bigger engine than them.
is this why the Bugatti Veyron does the NS in 8:30??? (equalling a Z4)
Old 02-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #37
RC45
Regular User

I'm just going to wait and see till its been out awhile and been tested before I can say it takes corners as good as the best. and I hope it does, at that price it would be amazing.
OK - wait and see for the 2006 C6 Z06 (C666 ) vs the rest results.. but you have to then at least accept that the C5 Z06 vs F360 vs F360CS vs NSX vs NSX-R vs GT3 etc argument has been answered for the last 5 years - over and over and over and over and over again.

Why is it so hard to accept - folks who have owned all these cars have spoken many times as to just how good the C5 Z06 and the GT3 are compared to all the other pretenders in the class (and a few others).

It would seem that again the bias is so ingrained that not only are you "awaiting a verdict on the current models" you are at the same time dismissing 6 years of review and contest as nonsense and trash

Face it - you'll NEVER accept the posibilty - ever ever ever in a million year
Old 02-09-2006, 06:35 PM   #38
Daggernite
Regular User

I'm just going to wait and see till its been out awhile and been tested before I can say it takes corners as good as the best. and I hope it does, at that price it would be amazing.
OK - wait and see for the 2006 C6 Z06 (C666 ) vs the rest results.. but you have to then at least accept that the C5 Z06 vs F360 vs F360CS vs NSX vs NSX-R vs GT3 etc argument has been answered for the last 5 years - over and over and over and over and over again.

Why is it so hard to accept - folks who have owned all these cars have spoken many times as to just how good the C5 Z06 and the GT3 are compared to all the other pretenders in the class (and a few others).

It would seem that again the bias is so ingrained that not only are you "awaiting a verdict on the current models" you are at the same time dismissing 6 years of review and contest as nonsense and trash

Face it - you'll NEVER accept the posibilty - ever ever ever in a million year

I'll accept anything thats fair and I can see with my own two eyes. Lets just wait for the topgear test shall we? Where did the last corvette come on topgear test track? Behind the CS

Well its 10:30pm and I need sleep, its been a pleasure talking to you two, its what makes cars intresting to me, the fact there diffrent and we can talk this way about them. good night fellas
Old 02-09-2006, 06:47 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

I'll accept anything thats fair and I can see with my own two eyes.
Then you have to dismiss every magazine test and written review - afterall you "never saw them"

Lets just wait for the topgear test shall we?
Why? JC is an admitted Corvette hater.

Where did the last corvette come on topgear test track? Behind the CS
That was the hairdresser Z51.. Your point? The C5 Z06 is strees better than even the C6 Z51.. 2 totally different cars. Chalk and Cheese.

Besides - why do you have to wait for the C6 Z06 test to come in? That onlt covers C6 Z vs F430 vs other current cars.

you still haven't accepted the well documented superiority of the C5 Z and GT3 over the 360, 360CS, NSX, NSX-R etc

These are 5 year old events... which you still are in denial about ...
Old 02-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #40
Daggernite
Regular User

I brushed my teeth, come for a quick look before i hit the hay to see what comments have been made. I'll be brief. I have not seen any review or showing a of the corvette kicking ass so after all, I never did see them literally

when i said top gear test I meant lets see what time it gets around the track with the stig. and im not in denial, far from it, if you can direct me to one of the well documented sources of how superior the C5 Z is I would really like to see. If after reading or seeing it I'll glad say I was wrong, and admit i was wrong. Like i said im not a corvette or american bashing person like you think I am, its just what I genuinly believe. ok RC im of to go and dream about about ferraris and NSX's, maybe a corvette
Old 02-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #41
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
but the fact that the Z06 demands you sit up and pay attention 110% of the time the car is"unpredictable and stiff"..
C/D about the Z06:
'Swaggers like a bad-ass and is at times unpredictable.'
And that trait gives the 911 "character" but makes the Z06 "not so good"? hehe

Talk abotu double standard...
Sorry, couldnt let you get away with this one

Those were 911's from the 80s and before.. I dont think anyone has said anything like that about the 997...

You just have to admit the C6 Z06 is a dangerous car. You have to know how to drive it or else you'll be easily overwhelmed with performance
Old 02-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #42
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
You just have to admit the C6 Z06 is a dangerous car. You have to know how to drive it or else you'll be easily overwhelmed with performance
No more dangerous than any other 3100lb 500hp car.

I mean we see lots of other smashed hipo cars in ditches, against trees, on the curbs, railing etc... but you don't see people yelling "The Carrera GT is a Killer" - "The Zonda is Death Trap" - "The Ford GT is Suicidal" - "The F360 is sheer lunacy" etc etc...

The car is not unpredictable and dangerous - it is a hipo car.

Pussy's need not apply.

And for the record I know a number of 993 and 996 drivers here at work who all say if you don't pay attention the 911 will still hurt you when you are going fast - maybe not offthrottle oversteer from hell, but they are not "piss easy cars" to drive fast.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #43
RC45
Regular User

I brushed my teeth, come for a quick look before i hit the hay to see what comments have been made. I'll be brief. I have not seen any review or showing a of the corvette kicking ass so after all, I never did see them literally
Here's a message for you to read in the morning...

We are discussing performance differences that are quite small - differences in speed and time that could be quite impacted by user expertise... but the thing is y'all make it sound like large bus vs a formula 1 car.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #44
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

No more dangerous than any other 3100lb 500hp car.
Exactly.