Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-19-2006, 01:34 AM   #76
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Damn, this is some depressing news indeed.

You go for so long through out life hoping that something like this never strikes close to home, and to suddenly be thrust face to face with a tragedy like this..i can't begin to imagine what that must be like. But to be as much of a part of this community, i think i speak for quite a few of us when i say that this does indeed strike a bit too close for comfort for everyone.

Though you may not be prone to depression, this is not something that can be repressed inconsequently. It may take awhile to sink in, but it will eventually. And when it does, i think it goes without saying all of us will be here to back you up, be it back channel or on the public boards.

While i am glad you are still in one piece, my condolences extend to you, your family who undoubtedly felt as close to him as you did, his family and anyone else who is missing him as well.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:44 AM   #77
Max Power

my condolences to you and your friend...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:33 AM   #78
TT
Regular User

May sound boring, but I need to thank you all once again for all the new messages! THANKS!

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Is there any possibility that something gave way in the rear suspension causing a slide - it could be loose lugbolts or maybe a shock/damper that gave way. This assumes that the rear suspension survived the accident of course.

Is someone investigating into the mechanical side of things as well?

I think the salt/ice or bumps on the road affecting one set of wheels and not the others will cause the car to swerve unpredictably as well. Think Ayrton Senna and Tamburello.

Shame on the A3 drivers trying to milk the incident for what its worth

I am glad to hear that your friend's family are taking it very well so far. Keeping in touch with them on a daily basis is great on your part.

To think that if your car hit the guardrail and spun the other way, it would have been your funeral. It was luck of the draw that you survived. I hope the police act rationally in this case and treat this incident fairly.

Looks like you are taking it well so far! Congrats
Well, yes, investigations on the car will require lot of time. My lawyer said in his opinion they'll end next Spring, between February and April anyway. The rear of the car was almost untouched, but to be honest, I didn't feel like there was something wrong there.. it was just wheels spinning :bah: I would be surprised if they'll tell me the car caused the accident ...

As for dips, bumps or cambers, of course I can't remember about them :bah:
Anyway yes, the investigation is underway but it will take quite some time to have the first results through my lawyer...
Old 12-19-2006, 02:04 PM   #79
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT

I think the salt/ice or bumps on the road affecting one set of wheels and not the others will cause the car to swerve unpredictably as well.
it was just wheels spinning :bah: I would be surprised if they'll tell me the car caused the accident ...

Anyway yes, the investigation is underway but it will take quite some time to have the first results through my lawyer...
I know from first hand experience that a little mid-corner bump can cause a rear wheel drive car on a wet, salty road to slide quite unexpectedly. As you probably know an E36 320i is an easily controllable car with predictable behaviour, even on snow, but I had the back snap unexpectedly once in the above mentioned conditions. Because of the bump the load on the rear wheels was a little bit less for just a short moment, but it was more than enough to send the back sideways! The road surface plays a very important role.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #80
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

My dearest condolences TT. Be strong and always keep your friend in your heart.

RIP.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #81
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Originally Posted by TT

I think the salt/ice or bumps on the road affecting one set of wheels and not the others will cause the car to swerve unpredictably as well.
it was just wheels spinning :bah: I would be surprised if they'll tell me the car caused the accident ...

I know from first hand experience that a little mid-corner bump can cause a rear wheel drive car on a wet, salty road to slide quite unexpectedly. As you probably know an E36 320i is an easily controllable car with predictable behaviour, even on snow, but I had the back snap unexpectedly once in the above mentioned conditions. Because of the bump the load on the rear wheels was a little bit less for just a short moment, but it was more than enough to send the back sideways! The road surface plays a very important role.
Yup, I had the back of the 320i snapping out several times on wet conditions, but easily controllable even when unexpected.
Of course the 944 accelerate quite harder, and in the 15'000 or so km I covered in it, I had several "snaps", but the car being perfectly balanced, even better than the 320, they never caused any prob.
There must have been a hell of a bad surface quality/bumps/other combo out there that day because it was much more than a controllable snap you always see coming
Old 12-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #82
taygunho
Regular User

I am very sorry to read this terrible news TT. My condolences to your friends family and to you.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #83
fireguy
Regular User

i'm so sorry for your loss TT...be strong and best wishes to you for this difficult time : (
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #84
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Sheesh this was posted in 2006 I had no idea. Sorry for your loss. We miss you TT
Old 11-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #85
MTTMCC
Regular User

It might be late TT, I'm so sorry for your lost

keep strong

he will last in your memory
MTTMCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #86
Pokiou
Regular User

Hey TT,

Hope everything is ok mate. You got support from the JW family all the time.

I know its alittle late also but i'm sorry for your loss.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #87
pagani
Regular User

Stay strong tt
Rip your friend
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote