Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Sports Car Forum > Photo of the Month

Photo of the Month The MotorWorld 'Photo of the Month' Competition

View Poll Results: Which is your fav
dani_d_mas 16 6.75%
Karcs 4 1.69%
TT 15 6.33%
dingo 18 7.59%
eurocopter 3 1.27%
raphaelws 6 2.53%
stmoritzer 22 9.28%
irrational_i 5 2.11%
sentra_dude 3 1.27%
MIHALS 5 2.11%
Smylait 17 7.17%
hamlet 4 1.69%
Wutputt 20 8.44%
dutchmasterflex 5 2.11%
salegosse 43 18.14%
80ssportlover 0 0%
dodo 17 7.17%
Speedracer38 9 3.80%
komotar 20 8.44%
nthfinity 5 2.11%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #16
dingo
Regular User

My vote goes for komotar (not just because he voted for me), but I just love that background which is so typically Italian (at least in my eyes). The car is posing correctly too with the front wheels turned. :good:

Some other very nice pics too, but a couple lost out due to what is in the background (people) - which obviously can't always be helped but does "hurt" the pic a little.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #17
TNT
Regular User

all great pics but dodo just made my mouth drop. that is a near perfect picture with a near perfect car in it. AWESOME SHOT!!!!!!! :good:
Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #18
DeMoN
Regular User

that black enzo is too nice.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #19
TT
Regular User

I'd like also to thank all the members that take the time to actually post a couple of words to explain their vote. It makes for some interesting read and will help all of us improving our pictures I hope :good:
Old 03-01-2006, 09:44 PM   #20
MIHALS
Regular User

dani - ibiza - I can imagine this picture as a wallpaper, or a poster, but there's some better ones in this competition - sorry
karcs - gulwing - too bad the car is overexposed, deifferent angle would suite more :bah:
TT - Coxster - if I liked this car, I would put this pic straight to my desktop - car in the right, icons on the left anyway - briliant picture with no needed reflections - just stunning!!! the best qualitty pic here!!!
dingo - 355 - beautiful car (most beautiful ferrari) with stunning background. but when taking pics, the watter should ALWAYS be flat, it shouldn't be running out of picture and that ruins my point of view on this pic a lot - sorry
eurocopter - another Coxster - here is too much reflections, I hate car with reg. plate, so some erasing wouldn't hurt and the "swing" is too much!
raphaelws - well, dealership...
moritzer - SLR - no words needed... oh actually yes. HEEEY you in the back! get off! :bah:
irrational_i - maybe rare sight, but picture didn't smash me into my eyes enough...
sentra - GT - rare to see such car on the green, but the pic was taken too close to the car
mihals - Stingray - no comment... I didn't expect anything this month. the car is rare as hell here, but it's still just a street sight - thanks TT for putting me in the list anyway! (makes me happy to be here )
smylait - birdcage - as dani said - the flash is too close to your camera, so it takes more attention, than the car... still super-rare picture - congrats!
hamlet - speedster - that weather sucks :x - such a shame...
wutt - enzos - wow, great sight, I would want to be there at the moment! but as a picture... too many ppl :bah:
dutch - supra - car is too dark, maybe a shot from the other side of the road would be better...
salegosse - Mighty Zonda F - as mantioned, that Lex next to it ruins the picture totally and the swing is too much aswell
sportlover - fiero - different angle would be much better... and the grey sky doesn't fit any picture :bah:
dodo - modena - such a valentine's picture beautiful, simple, stunning
speedracer - exige - just a road sight... could be nice picture when stationary...
komotar - f430 - I so bloody envy you!!! yes, your picture deserves to be on the frontpage
nthfinity - alfa - overexposed, step or two to the left could do te picture looking better

alright, that's just my opinion, my vote and if somebody has something against my opinion, it's his problem :prr: I'm trying to look at the pics more from the photographers side
Old 03-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by MIHALS
irrational_i - maybe rare sight, but picture didn't smash me into my eyes enough...
The unstaged composition of the image is actually what made that garage shot be the only one that "smash me in the eye"..

This just shows how subjective visual composition is
Old 03-01-2006, 10:41 PM   #22
MIHALS
Regular User

that's your opinion RC
Old 03-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

that's your opinion RC
Exactly - showing how subjective visual composition is
Old 03-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #24
MIHALS
Regular User

oh, now I understand the previous post wasn't exactly eplaining it enough

Old 03-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Old 03-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #26
antonioledesma
Regular User

I'm starting to hate you.... it gets harder to choose one pic
again I'm thinking that I'll vote until the end of the month to decide from my top 3...hmm, no, top 5..hhmm, no... top 7?
Old 03-02-2006, 04:13 AM   #27
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Voted for komotar , i think it`s a very beautiful pic : the location , the angle of the shoot , not to mention the car
Old 03-02-2006, 05:00 AM   #28
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

dodo got my vote. love the composition
Old 03-02-2006, 05:09 AM   #29
Zot09
Regular User

Smylait gets my vote, but Wutputt was close.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:24 AM   #30
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
....Dingo's pic was also pretty nice, but you were too close to the car when you took the pic... some metres behind combined with the zoom would have won easily, at least for me :bah: ....
wasn't possible unfortunately, other cars parked and a small garden in the way.

dingo - 355 - beautiful car (most beautiful ferrari) with stunning background. but when taking pics, the watter should ALWAYS be flat, it shouldn't be running out of picture and that ruins my point of view on this pic a lot - sorry
Not sure how you mean that, the water looks flat to me - it runs straight across the frame.