Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 02-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #46
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by Blip
Don't really see the point of building it becos as usual they will not try to beat the Mclaren F1 speed records.
What about money?..They are definitely not bound to make loss so at least development of new gadgetry which is then used in their regular cars gets paid.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #47
|Nuno|
Regular User

**Updated info:**

Saw this on Ferrarichat:

An email from someone within the Ferrari organisation

"Super Enzo.

833 HP
fixed front and rear wing
one seat
non homologated (just for track use)
interior entirely in carbon , (no leather, not even the seat)
extremely low production
expected in end 2006."
-------------

Not sure if I believe this, but still I want it to be true.

Also, see how different this is from the magazine article? Odd... Or maybe Ferrari is just messing with the media, and in the end this "Super Enzo" or whatever it will be called won't be quite what we're expecting...
Old 02-27-2005, 12:09 PM   #48
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by szumszer
is this finally the ferrari that will be able to be beat mclaren f1 ... finally, sounds interesting, but it is all just speculations
The macca is already beaten by the CGT and Enzo as far as performance goes. And Ferrari is just to much of classy manufacturer to try to beat someones speed record :roll:
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 12:14 PM   #49
komotar
Regular User

I want this to be true, but I doubt it.

The mclaren record doesn't interest me. Ferraris are not about records. They are about passion, speed and elegance. And I wouldn't care if the next enzo ow whatever would have "only" 500 hp. As long as the car would handle great and look good, that's all I need. The crazy hp war gets on my nerves.

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 02:13 PM   #50
mindgam3
Regular User

McLaren have almost exactly the same philosophy as ferrari though... they made a car that was all about on road driving experience, not records, a record was just a by-product of arguarbly the greatest car ever.

For me the enzo is a little too track biased - even at the Nordschliefe it grounds out on some corners - but as you say komotar, its not about power, its about the whole package; something that Bugatti fail to realise designing their pig of a car

As long as Ferrari keep their philosophy but perhaps make it more of a road biased car than track then I think they're on to a winner - to be honest I can't see ferrari getting it wrong like Bugatti
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #51
davide
Regular User

that's just plain insane!
Old 02-27-2005, 09:18 PM   #52
chest3r
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|

:x :x :x :x :x Too bad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Is there other Ferrari with no homologation ????
Old 02-27-2005, 09:21 PM   #53
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r

:x :x :x :x :x Too bad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Is there other Ferrari with no homologation ????
Lots of them aren't homologated. If that info is true, I think the concept will be similar to the 288 GTO Evoluzione or the F40 GTE.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:08 AM   #54
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Enzo it`s the greatest car ever made , there isn`t a car that can get close to the great Enzo , it has the best aerodinamics , the best handling , gearbox , brakes , electronics , awesome grip , and is the most beautiful car in the world .

Compare this with that no good car named McL , who has dive , squat and roll , it`s very unstable at high speeds and the list could go on and on.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:19 AM   #55
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
Enzo it`s the greatest car ever made , there isn`t a car that can get close to the great Enzo , it has the best aerodinamics , the best handling , gearbox , brakes , electronics , awesome grip , and is the most beautiful car in the world .

Compare this with that no good car named McL , who has dive , squat and roll , it`s very unstable at high speeds and the list could go on and on.
do you have any facts to back that up? :roll:
Old 04-28-2005, 08:24 AM   #56
|Nuno|
Regular User

^^

Guys, lets not turn this into another Enzo vs. McLaren battle, okay?
Old 04-28-2005, 08:45 AM   #57
dingo
Regular User

^^

I wasn't necassarily disagreeing with him as I am not really a fan of the McLaren myself - but I don't like when people make claims without facts (i.e. it has the best this and that, and the other one is crap blah blah...)
Old 04-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #58
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo

Man are you kiddin` me ? You`re on Jabba`s read the article about McL (i think it`s the caranddriver article , where they something interesting about the engine) , watch the video with McL on track , you`ll see the dive , roll & squat.

And then read ALL the articles about Enzo

CarAndDriver , verdict about Enzo :
If this isn`t your dream car , you`re having the wrong dream !

And i`m sure you`ll find more like that .

RAMMIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:21 PM   #59
|Nuno|
Regular User

^^

I wasn't necassarily disagreeing with him as I am not really a fan of the McLaren myself - but I don't like when people make claims without facts (i.e. it has the best this and that, and the other one is crap blah blah...)
Fair enough, but it's just that I've seen way too many Enzo vs. McLaren battles starting with smaller things, that's all.

Besides, the thread title is "New Ferrari Super Enzo" so...
Old 04-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #60
gucom
Regular User

Man are you kiddin` me ? You`re on Jabba`s read the article about McL (i think it`s the caranddriver article , where they something interesting about the engine) , watch the video with McL on track , you`ll see the dive , roll & squat.

And then read ALL the articles about Enzo

CarAndDriver , verdict about Enzo :
If this isn`t your dream car , you`re having the wrong dream !

And i`m sure you`ll find more like that .

OK ignoring the fact that u bumped this topic, lets see:
-u failed to mention the enzo's engine, prolly cos u know the best engine ever is lined in gold
-Best aerodynamics? erm if im not mistaken the Carrera GT has EXCELLENT aerodynamics, and an insane G number at the skidpad of Sport Auto, and sum other mag tested CGT, Enzo and some more cars on nardo (ofcourse Enzo won that) but they also tested the cars on a twisty circuit...CGT was clearly faster
-Best handling...i'm yet to see an Enzo time on the Nordschleife (in standard trim plz)
-Best gearbox? those DSG boxes seem to be pretty sweet as well. Also dont forget the clutch plz: CGT's ceramic clutch is a masterpiece
-Best brakes? who knows i dunno how it compares to, say, the CGT
-Best grip...well if CGT beats it around a twisty circuit wid lower HP im guessing it'll be better grip thats giving it the edge eh?
-Most beautiful? well thats ofcourse personal, at first i thought it was the ugliest car ever made, once i got over the shock i got to see whats pretty about it...but THE most beautiful car in the world? nope...not to me