Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 02-24-2004, 11:03 PM   #31
Cornutu
Regular User

Default Re: Corvette Drivers

Originally Posted by scumhookleo
I've been for several rides in several different Corvettes (most recently an 02 z06), and have been universally unimpressed with the drivers of these cars. I'm always passing them on the street as they putt along doing 5 below the limit.

I thought they drove slow to avoid the cops, but the more I deal with Corvette owners, the more I become convinced that they're a big bunch of weenies who buy their cars to impress their 50 year old mates and make girls young enough to be their daughters look at them.

Of course, maybe I just haven't come across the right Corvette owners...

I'd be interested to hear what everyone else thinks about this...
So your point was?
All Vette owners are pedophile weenies? Uh yea. Whatever that.
You many not realize this but when you are drving a Vette sometimes you get pulled over just cause cops see you and assume you are speeding. You stray a little and do some spirited driving and bamn you get nailed. The rest goes something like Well, yes your honor...
Couple things...
Most of the Vette people I know push their cars when noone is watching. We don't need to show off, it's a Vette. We go 5 under so that you can drool at our car that much longer.
When I'm in my vette I know I can kick your ass, it doesn't matter to me what you think. I am just smiling cause I know and I don't have to show you.

As for that other guy that was complaining about kids in vettes in 1st gear, do you know how great 1st gear feels. It's just instant torque. Secondly, Can you hear that. My radio is off man. That rumble is saying "come get some"
Cornutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:10 AM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Did you ever find yourself a DSM willing to play a bit RC45?
Nope, never did - the closest was a nice looking awd with boost guages on the A-pillar and taseful bodymods... and all he would do was pace me.

I think he was skeeered...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:43 AM   #33
blah
Regular User

RC-45 knows not to mess with the VTEC Fury. It is the best engine evAR! I smoked many a Vette, be it that they were turning right and i was going straight, doesnt matter a win is a win.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:26 AM   #34
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Nope, never did - the closest was a nice looking awd with boost guages on the A-pillar and taseful bodymods... and all he would do was pace me.

LOL, I wonder what they are afraid of?
Old 02-25-2004, 02:59 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Dunno - everything I hear is that DSM's are killa... maybe I just haven't found one that's sp00led up properly..
Old 02-25-2004, 03:03 PM   #36
sickx
Regular User

Originally Posted by "Cornutu
When I'm in my vette I know I can kick your ass, it doesn't matter to me what you think. I am just smiling cause I know and I don't have to show you.
heh.heh.heh. Hey Cornutu...I actually understand your bent here, and I am rather pro-muscle car (worked in Dearborn 4 years), but I must say it was the "take anything" attitude that allowed me to catch some serious modded domestic V-8 cars off guard in my 1.6L Miata (modded, of course) while I was living in AA. Lotsa fun!
sickx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:08 PM   #37
Cornutu
Regular User

Originally Posted by sickx
Originally Posted by "Cornutu
heh.heh.heh. Hey Cornutu...I actually understand your bent here, and I am rather pro-muscle car (worked in Dearborn 4 years), but I must say it was the "take anything" attitude that allowed me to catch some serious modded domestic V-8 cars off guard in my 1.6L Miata (modded, of course) while I was living in AA. Lotsa fun!
Yes, I realize many cars are faster. A friend has a modded DSM that can crush me. Thanks for understanding my angle
Cornutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:15 PM   #38
sickx
Regular User

Dunno - everything I hear is that DSM's are killa... maybe I just haven't found one that's sp00led up properly..
duuuuuude.... Isn't Houston legendary for its over-the-top car scene? Surely you have plenty of cars to play with...
sickx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:51 PM   #39
godspeed06
Regular User

It's a sad state of affairs when someone from a pigsquealing state like TN can hang shit on someone else (not that I have much in the way of a defense ).
:roll: hahaha... the county i live in was the 9th wealthiest county in the NATION in 1998 and its been growing like a mother fucker since then so we are probably higher by now but i could only find the stats for 1998.

http://www.williamsonworks.com/econindicators.htm
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 03:33 PM   #40
novass
Regular User

I really dont know what the point of this thread is. I live in Los Angeles, I drive the freeways frequently and sometimes 10 mph is the fastest you can go.

Like RC45 said, this is the poser capital of the world with a lot of people buying cars just because they are new or unique or expensive. Surely im not the only one that noticed an insurgence of H2 purchases no less than a week after it was released. This shit happens all the time here with damn near every new car.

Im not sure what your expecting to see happen on a crowded freeway. How can you go fast with a car 5 feet in front of you?

Personally, ive raced many vettes. Just the other day I saw a Z06 light up the rear tires at a light and cycle through 3rd while still accelerating. With so many ricers and morons in this city, you cant blame a man with a fast car for not wanting to race every guy that revs it on him.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:55 AM   #41
RC45
Regular User

This how we handle the slow lane...

6mb file Smokin'!!!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:40 AM   #42
novass
Regular User

Damn your Vette sounds nice RC!

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:24 AM   #43
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
Damn your Vette sounds nice RC!
Thanks - and that was taken LAST season when the car had muffled Borla Stingers on - this season it has Borla XR-1 straight pipes.

I should take the car out and do another run like that with the new pipes... will convert even the most die-hard import-4-cylinder-turbo fan to V8 fanaticism...
Old 03-04-2004, 12:19 PM   #44
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
I really dont know what the point of this thread is. I live in Los Angeles, I drive the freeways frequently and sometimes 10 mph is the fastest you can go.

Like RC45 said, this is the poser capital of the world with a lot of people buying cars just because they are new or unique or expensive. Surely im not the only one that noticed an insurgence of H2 purchases no less than a week after it was released. This shit happens all the time here with damn near every new car.

Im not sure what your expecting to see happen on a crowded freeway. How can you go fast with a car 5 feet in front of you?

Personally, ive raced many vettes. Just the other day I saw a Z06 light up the rear tires at a light and cycle through 3rd while still accelerating. With so many ricers and morons in this city, you cant blame a man with a fast car for not wanting to race every guy that revs it on him.
Thats a problem out where I live too. There are WAY TOO MANY little ricers that everytime they pull up next to me rev their engines. I usualy just laugh and let them tear off (or buzz off by the sound of their car). Every now and them I'll one a thourough ass-whoopin just to keep things in check, but I just don't understand why they would even think they would be even closely matched to race a Corvette, let alone a heavily modified one. Supra's are a different story, but I really don't consider them rice.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:52 PM   #45
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
I should take the car out and do another run like that with the new pipes... will convert even the most die-hard import-4-cylinder-turbo fan to V8 fanaticism...

what will it do with me? being a die-hard-5-cylinder-turbo-fan and all, we dont build cars in Norway so it have to be imported too... :shock:
Blow your wad comes to mind...