Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 02-24-2004, 01:02 AM   #16
graywolf624
Regular User

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when I pass a Corvette around a corner in my Buick, and I've still got plenty in reserve...
Your on the street you assclown. Take it to the track where it belongs..

(wonders if this kids parents know that their kid has 0 responsibility .)

**Who for the first time since comming here is truly mad. It's one thing to go, oh cool, street racing. It's another to bash people who do the right thing. I look forward to seeing the picture of your buick in the paper under busted for street racing, suspended license..
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:11 AM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

street racing isnt what it used to be, ever since a few trendy movies came out
i grew up near Detroit, and street racing is something close to heart. Woodward Ave. Gratiot Ave. and John R. are some amazing roads to cruise friday, and saturday nights. but as of late, seem to be filled with anything that a kid can affix a wing, and fart can to. ive noticably seen the awesome cars like to talk about there dwindle a bit, but it may be due to over population maybe?
anyway, we used to go to a place like "ramchargers" and see how people can run. rarely did i ever see anybody take it above 80mph as it is quite clear if your beaten and, as there are tons of lights to try a few runs. also, i never wittnessed anybody being careless.
it has always been a great way to meet people who are similarly enthusiastic about cars, as well as a learning field
I never nock going the speed limit, as i do most of the time myself. i vehemently loath recklessness
Old 02-24-2004, 01:14 AM   #18
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Well being Toronto most Vettes I see are automatic. Put it which ever way you want it, but auto tells me only one thing. Your a lazy as bitch who really does not enjoy driving. I see it in a Merc but in a sports car?

The ones that are not automatic, I always see them cruise down the street in 1st with revs up high, and its usualy some 20year guy who's daddy is rich, and hes on the verge of stalling every stop. Seems that all he wants to do is make a lot of noise. Just like those fagets in Civics.

The only true DRIVERS in Vettes are the Z06 owners. I saw quite a few, and all of them really appreciate the car, and give it some willy on the street.

Again these are limited obsevations, but thats the conclusions I came to.

But that doesnt go for vettes only. There are quite a few exotic owners who are assholes also.
Your conclusions are wrong :fist:

I don't have a Z06, but I respect my car every bit as much as I would if it were, and with all that I've invested in mine, I wouldn't have it any other way.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 10:09 AM   #19
scumhookleo
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
It's a pretty sad state of affairs when I pass a Corvette around a corner in my Buick, and I've still got plenty in reserve...
Your on the street you assclown. Take it to the track where it belongs..

(wonders if this kids parents know that their kid has 0 responsibility .)
"Assclown"???

Given the area of the country you're from, I think I'll take that as a compliment...

I'm not sure how to get this point across more clearly than it's already been made, so I'll try to use small words
I'm not advocating street racing, or any kind of dangerous and/or illegal driving; however it's possible to enjoy your car without endagering other road users and putting your license at risk.

For example, don't sit in the fast lane in your shiny new z06 doing 10 mph slower than the rest of the traffic. Another example - a transition ramp from one freeway to another (very common here in Los Angeles), the limit is 65 and there are no cars in front of you - don't slow down - take the corner at 65 and enjoy your car (and don't hold up the guy in the Buick behind you trying to enjoy his!!!)

Now you may argue that you take your car out on the track once every few months, therefore there's no need to push it on the street. If that's how you feel, then that's fine - I just happen to think it's a waste of a great sports car to use it in this fashion.
scumhookleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:47 AM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Again - bringidawn.......
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:34 PM   #21
graywolf624
Regular User

*trying to keep his cool.

First off what does my location in the country have to do with anything?
You don't speed on the roads. It isn't a macho thing. It isn't a protect your car thing. It's called common sense.
Unlike on a race track you never know when you could come around a corner and plow into a broken down car or a pedestrian. As such you drive sensably. You take it to the track. I won't race anyone on the street. You can rev your little buick all you want. Hit the track and you better have a pair of binaculars to pick out my license plate.

It's attitudes like this that cost lives. Perhaps when you grow up you'll be mature. If not I see darwin visiting you really soon. Lord hopes he only takes you and spares the idiots who think it is safe to ride with you.

*trying to keep his cool overwhelmed.

Listen you felching dick weasel.. If you really think you are hot stuff then come to a track.. Hell I'll foot your bill. I'll just make sure to show the vid of you spiniing out at 10 mph and nearly killing yourself to everyone on the internet.

*ahhh Now I feel better
Old 02-24-2004, 04:28 PM   #22
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
*trying to keep his cool.

First off what does my location in the country have to do with anything?
You don't speed on the roads. It isn't a macho thing. It isn't a protect your car thing. It's called common sense.
Unlike on a race track you never know when you could come around a corner and plow into a broken down car or a pedestrian. As such you drive sensably. You take it to the track. I won't race anyone on the street. You can rev your little buick all you want. Hit the track and you better have a pair of binaculars to pick out my license plate.

It's attitudes like this that cost lives. Perhaps when you grow up you'll be mature. If not I see darwin visiting you really soon. Lord hopes he only takes you and spares the idiots who think it is safe to ride with you.

*trying to keep his cool overwhelmed.

Listen you felching dick weasel.. If you really think you are hot stuff then come to a track.. Hell I'll foot your bill. I'll just make sure to show the vid of you spiniing out at 10 mph and nearly killing yourself to everyone on the internet.

*ahhh Now I feel better
Graywolf624-- This guy touching a nerve? I don't he's worth your time continuing this rant. I think he's a bit ignorant to the reality of Corvette drivers. Anyone that thinks hard driving on the public roads is proper isn't someone that I would spend much time taking seriously or conversing with.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:35 PM   #23
jpatino03
Regular User

Felching dick weasel!

Phil Hill, Kappa Sigma for life.
jpatino03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:59 PM   #24
graywolf624
Regular User

Graywolf624-- This guy touching a nerve?
Very much so. I've watched too many people die in the name of street racing to hear someone give people a hard time for not doing it.

On a side note I think someone slipped me some caffine because I've had a low point of patience most of today.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:23 PM   #25
scumhookleo
Regular User

:shock: Feltching Dick Weasel???

I'm going to drop this after this post, because it's obvious that my point is being missed...

I'm not advocating street racing.
I am advocating safely driving at the same general speed as the cars around you, and if the road is clear and dry, the day is cool to mild, you have good visibilty, and your Mom's finished giving you your blow job; then you might want to not slow down to a crawl before every corner.

All I'm saying is that it's ironic that 'vette drivers are often the slowest bastards on the road (Disclaimer: In MY experience & opinion).
Old 02-24-2004, 07:37 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

I get your point

And may again post my in-car vids of some "spirited" street driving thourhg the woods of East Texas...

...videos I might say I thought were VERY mild mannered - and actually picked up some flack over a while back....
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 08:05 PM   #27
666fast
Regular User

Did you ever find yourself a DSM willing to play a bit RC45?
Old 02-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #28
godspeed06
Regular User

"Given the area of the country you're from, I think I'll take that as a compliment..."

last time i checked his state wasn't run by AHHNold.

All I'm saying is that it's ironic that 'vette drivers are often the slowest bastards on the road (Disclaimer: In MY experience & opinion).
first of all your opinion is worthless, your point is worthless, and this thread you started sucks ass. you aren't contributing you are pissing people off. secondly, you act this way and you are 34 years old. please stop giving me reasons to pity you.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:46 PM   #29
scumhookleo
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
"Given the area of the country you're from, I think I'll take that as a compliment..."

last time i checked his state wasn't run by AHHNold.

first of all your opinion is worthless, your point is worthless, and this thread you started sucks ass. you aren't contributing you are pissing people off. secondly, you act this way and you are 34 years old. please stop giving me reasons to pity you.
It's a sad state of affairs when someone from a pigsquealing state like TN can hang shit on someone else (not that I have much in the way of a defense ).

Pity me; don't pity me - I couldn't care less...
Old 02-24-2004, 10:34 PM   #30
graywolf624
Regular User

And by the way.. What state are you talking about.. My home state of PA, the state where I now live DE, or the state I went to college in GA.

I am advocating safely driving at the same general speed as the cars around you, and if the road is clear and dry, the day is cool to mild, you have good visibilty, and your Mom's finished giving you your blow job; then you might want to not slow down to a crawl before every corner.
I get your point and it is still invalid.. The rate of speed you go around a turn on the street has nothing to do with anything. Your a moron if you think differently. How about you grow up? I mean I know you live in the land of fruits and nuts but that doesn't mean you have to display the intelligence of a lower level primate.