Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 07-19-2005, 08:58 PM   #16
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by Toronto
They wanted to beat the 360/cs
well did they?

re-sale value of the ferrari is higher....
MPG is higher.... you can drive around in in low revs, but you can't turn the blower off on the ford
User friendlyness of the ferrari is better (available in auto, cargo space, those doors are bad for people with bad backs)
Did Ford take away any ferrari sales? now they are going to say they didn't build the GT to knock heads with Ferrari watch
Styling? well it is a big jump for the ford, but it is a toss up IMO the 360 is one of my least fav. ferrari to look at, but it is still amazing. mayb if it was a 60's ford gt40, but not the GT
On the Track? anyone have any GT ring times?

all in a the GT is a good car.. but still is missing alot
I don't think Ford should be happy about reaching their goals... cause I don't think they did
but I still want one, but I want a 430 more
Resale value, definitely, but the 360CS & F430 are Ferraris, it really doesn't matter how good the GT is, or how bad the 360 or 430 is (not saying they are, just that it doesn't really matter, Ferrari's image is that good) the Ferrari's would still have better resale...on top of that Ford and their wonderful dealers did all they could to ruin the resale, so there you go.

Where did you get the MPG thing from? Top Gear, where they only quoted the GT's track mpg? In everyday driving the GT would spank the 360CS or the 430 in mpg.

User friendliness, well shit, if you can't drive a manual transmission and you want to own a supercar, tough luck (oh wait, sorry, Ferrari has something for that now). Anyways, the GT is supposed to be easy to drive, and 'user friendly' in both normal conditions, and aggressive driving.

Who knows about them taking away from Ferrari sales or not, for the most part not, but I'm sure a few people choose the car because it is completely different from a Ferrari...

The styling is definitely a toss up, I like both shapes. The Ferrari has better details, but they both look great.

On to performance, where the GT basically demolishes the 360, but that is to be expected when competing against an older car, but the GT also manages to be a bit faster than the F430 as well (straight line speed).

I'd say overall Ford achieved their goal of making an impressive looking & excellently performing supercar to celebrate their centurial. The car is friendly to drive, its fast, it has great presence, excellent engine sound, good handling, & good price...I'd say those are nice achievements for any car. 8)

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:29 PM   #17
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by T-Bird
this really is pathetic you Ferrari only girls are complaining about a car that was designed and released waay before the F430 was so how is that fair when using your argument of it beating an older car? yeah that's right shut up.
now If I recall all you haters back when the GT first came around you were all praising that it could beat the 360 and had to keep telling everybody but it isn't an American car it's British etc. etc. but now that the F430 comes around (And BTW C&D did a review of the 430 and GT and said the GT was a better car but the 430 was more livable) it's a piece of American garbage that doesn't seem to deserve it's existence.
WTF Are you on about?

It beat an outdated 6 yeard old Ferrari.

You say the 360 is its competition? Fine. It is. Am I supposed to be impressed by the fact that a Ford the "Ferrari exterminator" beats a 6 year old Ferrari???

British?WTF? The original GT40 was half british not this one.

Now how is the GT a better car then the F430 if they lap the same time? Tell me please. What is it about the GT that is better then the F430s? It doesnt have half the techonolgy that the F-car does. It doesnt have a pure N/A engine. It doesnt have the noise, it doesnt have the quality. It doesnt even have an original style.(but it does look good, but so would an F430 with a 250GTO body work....)

So whats your point really?

The car has no place!

Saying it again. It doesnt have anything to beat the Ferraris best, it doesnt have anything to beat Ferraris latest entry class, all it can do is beat an old 360. Wooohooo great!

Seriously what is the arguing about? Whats your point?
so because the car doesn't need all this funky E-diff stuff and F-1 gearbox to make the driver better it isn't as good as the F430? I would think it was the better car because it performs on par with a car that NEEDS all that technobable to keep up. Oh and what the fuck is wrong with a Supercharger if I recall Ferrari had to use Forced induction back in the day to keep up. Oh and it has the noise it has that thing NO euro car can have American Rumble. Oh and I've seen the interior of one of these first hand and the quality is very good especially for what you haters call American build quality. And the GT looks waay better than the F430 after getting VERY close up views of both I have to say the Ford just looks that little bit better. but then again you can't really argue the looks thing and that I hope you CAN agree on because looks are something different from person to person.

And please don't get me wrong I love the F430 and the older 360CS I have nothing against them but I do see them at the garage alot so the quality must not be that great and that is just part of woning a Ferrari.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #18
sameerrao
Regular User

^^ Agree!

I think the GT is a great car. It looks like nothing else rolling on our city streets.

Its an excellent first attempt at a Supercar IMO. Sure, it has flaws but so does everything if you put it under a microscope....

Besides the current market value for a used GT is $~200K which is above list. Its too early to predict long term values.

I think if Ford is serious about the GT it should sell it, service it in different, more exclusive dealerships - i wouldnt want to wait in line behind 50 F150 car owners to get my 150K car serviced.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:41 PM   #19
T-Bird
Regular User

well with the service thing I would take it to Victor Ford's Performance shop all they do is SVT, Saleen, Roush, Kenny Brown and Superformance. (this is the place where they showed the new Cobra to the public first as far as I know.)

So see if I were to have one I would know where to get it serviced and I'm sure all the owners have a special dealer they would go to.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

this really is pathetic you Ferrari only girls are complaining about a car that was designed and released waay before the F430 was so how is that fair when using your argument of it beating an older car? yeah that's right shut up.
now If I recall all you haters back when the GT first came around you were all praising that it could beat the 360 and had to keep telling everybody but it isn't an American car it's British etc. etc. but now that the F430 comes around (And BTW C&D did a review of the 430 and GT and said the GT was a better car but the 430 was more livable) it's a piece of American garbage that doesn't seem to deserve it's existence.
WTF Are you on about?

It beat an outdated 6 yeard old Ferrari.

You say the 360 is its competition? Fine. It is. Am I supposed to be impressed by the fact that a Ford the "Ferrari exterminator" beats a 6 year old Ferrari???

British?WTF? The original GT40 was half british not this one.

Now how is the GT a better car then the F430 if they lap the same time? Tell me please. What is it about the GT that is better then the F430s? It doesnt have half the techonolgy that the F-car does. It doesnt have a pure N/A engine. It doesnt have the noise, it doesnt have the quality. It doesnt even have an original style.(but it does look good, but so would an F430 with a 250GTO body work....)

So whats your point really?

The car has no place!

Saying it again. It doesnt have anything to beat the Ferraris best, it doesnt have anything to beat Ferraris latest entry class, all it can do is beat an old 360. Wooohooo great!

Seriously what is the arguing about? Whats your point?
so because the car doesn't need all this funky E-diff stuff and F-1 gearbox to make the driver better it isn't as good as the F430? I would think it was the better car because it performs on par with a car that NEEDS all that technobable to keep up. Oh and what the fuck is wrong with a Supercharger if I recall Ferrari had to use Forced induction back in the day to keep up. Oh and it has the noise it has that thing NO euro car can have American Rumble. Oh and I've seen the interior of one of these first hand and the quality is very good especially for what you haters call American build quality. And the GT looks waay better than the F430 after getting VERY close up views of both I have to say the Ford just looks that little bit better. but then again you can't really argue the looks thing and that I hope you CAN agree on because looks are something different from person to person.

And please don't get me wrong I love the F430 and the older 360CS I have nothing against them but I do see them at the garage alot so the quality must not be that great and that is just part of woning a Ferrari.
Ahh FYI if you want to turn up the fastest lap time in the F430 you turn all the driving aids off, so your point about it needing all that to keep up flies right out the window.

I dont care what Ferrari used back in the day. FYI I never really loved the F40 because it has a turbo. I'm an NA guy. I always see the F40 as a great car, but it will never be my top Ferrari just because it has a turbo.

To me the F430 is a better car, it just has much more to offer.

Dont get me wrong, I love the GT. I love the fact thats its raw performance car, no bullshit, no strings attached. I'm just saying that what Ford did does not impress me. They should've tried a tad bit harder and actually have something to beat its current rivals since you insist on it being on the same competion level as the the Z06 and the F430, all it does is match them, so it doesnt do what Ford say it would do.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #21
Toronto
Regular User

just to let you guys know, the automatic-trans supercar market is huge, if not bigger then the manual one.

bill gates was asked why doesn't he drive a ferrari or lambo, he says he doesn't know how to drive a 5-spd, so he will stick to his merc.

now that said, if gates wants to feel like he is driving a supercar but doesn't have to deal with a heavy clutch, and a powerfull engine (i bet most the people on this site couldn't get a clean launch in a supercar for the first couple of starts) he well but the paddle gear box, what is like 60% of ferrari sales are paddle shift? and now lambo have their e-gear.

and ford have.... er I will buy a F430

and JiggaStyles09 it is nice to know that you are backing up your ferrari bashing with a artical that gives the ferrari the top spot
Old 07-19-2005, 10:50 PM   #22
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Dont get me wrong, I love the GT. I love the fact thats its raw performance car, no bullshit, no strings attached. I'm just saying that what Ford did does not impress me. They should've tried a tad bit harder and actually have something to beat its current rivals since you insist on it being on the same competion level as the the Z06 and the F430, all it does is match them, so it doesnt do what Ford say it would do.
well i guess it boils down to that i am impressed that it was able to hold off the F430 and you are not. is that safe to say?
Old 07-19-2005, 10:59 PM   #23
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

and JiggaStyles09 it is nice to know that you are backing up your ferrari bashing with a artical that gives the ferrari the top spot
i never bashed the 430, not once did i say it was a poor car or didnt meet its goals. i didnt start a topic in the ferrari section saying how great the GT is, and how the 430 fails to eclipse it. because what it boils down to is personal preferance.

and the article was refrencing performance figures not bs "gotta have it factor" and "luggage space." i dont give a shit if car and driver doesnt think that the car is ergonomically sound.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:05 PM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

for one, gates owns quite a few 5-6 speeds from what ive heard... does he not drive them???

2:
i prefer the GT to any current Ferrari on sale
3:
styling is in the eye of the beholder
4:
so they didnt take direct aim at a cirtain ferrari? i disagree
the aimed at the 360 as a base line, and slaughtered it performance-wise.
5:
kudos to Ford for not making it an optional auto-tranny to be driven by poser-pricks... its a supercar :roll:
6:
the F430 caries none of the nastalga, really, only the older models, and hypercars seem to carry that from pastaville 8)
Old 07-19-2005, 11:07 PM   #25
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by JiggaStyles09

well i guess it boils down to that i am impressed that it was able to hold off the F430 and you are not. is that safe to say?
Sure.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:11 PM   #26
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
4:
so they didnt take direct aim at a cirtain ferrari? i disagree
the aimed at the 360 as a base line, and slaughtered it performance-wise.
So I say it again. Am I supposed to be impressed? To me it makes as much sense as saying that fact that the C6 beat the C5 is something huge.

6:
the F430 caries none of the nastalga, really, only the older models, and hypercars seem to carry that from pastaville 8)
:roll: Well so basicly what you are saying is that only re-creations of old cars cary nastalga etc etc... Sorry I don't get it.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:18 PM   #27
nthfinity
Regular User

[quote="SFDMALEX"]

6:
:roll: Well so basicly what you are saying is that only re-creations of old cars cary nastalga etc etc... Sorry I don't get it.
hence the world nostalgia (spelling improvement)
A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past.
The condition of being homesick; homesickness.

the F430 gives a sence of something else, say liniage... and the ford lacks that
Old 07-19-2005, 11:29 PM   #28
SFDMALEX
Regular User

[quote="nthfinity"]

6:
hence the world nostalgia (spelling improvement)
A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past.
The condition of being homesick; homesickness.

the F430 gives a sence of something else, say liniage... and the ford lacks that
I know the word mate, and its meaning, BTW you made the same spelling mistake
Old 07-19-2005, 11:47 PM   #29
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

wait sorry i dont mean to drag the thread on but i have one more question.

your post here:

Fine, so it equals the F430. Does it beat it? No, does it lose to it? No.

So what did it really beat? Nothing.
and im going to interchange some words.....

Fine, so it (F430) equals the GT. Does it beat it? No, does it lose to it? No.

by your logic the F430 is a nothing too, it doesnt beat anything, since we agreed the cars are give or take, "performance equals."
Old 07-19-2005, 11:51 PM   #30
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by JiggaStyles09
wait sorry i dont mean to drag the thread on but i have one more question.

your post here:

Fine, so it equals the F430. Does it beat it? No, does it lose to it? No.

and im going to interchange some words.....

Fine, so it (F430) equals the GT. Does it beat it? No, does it lose to it? No.

by your logic the F430 is a nothing too, it doesnt beat anything, since we agreed the cars are give or take, "performance equals."
F430 didnt come out with claims to be a "Ford Slayer"

I simply expected the GT to be a much faster car then it is. Simple is that. Do I have anything against it? No not really, I just thought it would be faster then what it is.

The GT came out with Ford saying its a Ferrari Killer, which its not, and tahts all Im saying.