Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 06-06-2005, 12:18 PM   #31
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by gogglibear
Originally Posted by blah
Z06 is a super car at a performance cars price.
not trying to bring anything up but by todays standards of a supercar its more of a super sports car. 0-60 at 3.3 1/4 mile at 11.2 and a nice top speed of 212 is a supercar. But the real specs of the Z06 hasn't been officialy released so no arguements here.
Seems like people will do anything to down play the Z06... even trying to split hairs.

Where did you get these arbitrary numbers from? :roll:
DOnt try and change their minds, more for us. Let them have their ferraris and their lambos lets see them try and take those cars out to the canyons.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #32
j_abbas46
Regular User

I definately have nothing against the new ZO6 i think its performance is outstanding, and considering its price , its even better, but lets cut the bullsh**; if i came to u with a key to a ferrari 360 modena and a key to the ZO6 and offered you one which would u take?
j_abbas46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #33
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by j_abbas46
I definately have nothing against the new ZO6 i think its performance is outstanding, and considering its price , its even better, but lets cut the bullsh**; if i came to u with a key to a ferrari 360 modena and a key to the ZO6 and offered you one which would u take?
For real world living, the Z06.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #34
Cornutu
Regular User

75k is a bit more than the standard c6
Cornutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #35
nthfinity
Regular User

just to raise the level of traffic for american car-lovers... some picutures of the new Z06 in Brighton (and a couple small clips)
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27376
Old 06-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #36
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
Really??
Old 06-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #37
gogglibear

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
I'd say when proper review comes out, the z06 will be everbit as good (if not better) than the Ford GT
that is something I can't agree with you on, The GT is keeping up with cars with more bhp and less weight for instance the CGT. But you should keep your hopes up but don't try to think it will be close to the numbers the Ford GT pulls.
gogglibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:45 PM   #38
5vz-fe
Regular User

I'd say when proper review comes out, the z06 will be everbit as good (if not better) than the Ford GT
that is something I can't agree with you on, The GT is keeping up with cars with more bhp and less weight for instance the CGT. But you should keep your hopes up but don't try to think it will be close to the numbers the Ford GT pulls.
I guess you maybe right for 0-60 coz the Ford GT does have an advantage being midship. It should get more traction off the line. We'll see <finger crossing>
Old 06-06-2005, 03:48 PM   #39
Minacious
Regular User

Really??
The upkeep on the Z06 will be far more reasonable than the upkeep on the 360. I buy a performance car to make it perform, not have it sitting in a garage as a collectors item. With that said, the amount of money spent keeping the 360 running like a champ after all the miles put on it, could buy me another Z06.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #40
5vz-fe
Regular User

Really??
The upkeep on the Z06 will be far more reasonable than the upkeep on the 360. I buy a performance car to make it perform, not have it sitting in a garage as a collectors item. With that said, the amount of money spent keeping the 360 running like a champ after all the miles put on it, could buy me another Z06.
I hear you loud and clear man, but the sound of the engine and the brand, just cover my entire praticality theory LOL. But hey, if u can't afford to service it, just sell it out by that time. You will still have enough money to buy a new Z06 and put a chunk in the bank

*note* but do take a custom pic before u sell it and put it in "What do you drive"
Old 06-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #41
SFDMALEX
Regular User

not trying to bring anything up but by todays standards of a supercar its more of a super sports car. 0-60 at 3.3 1/4 mile at 11.2 and a nice top speed of 212 is a supercar. But the real specs of the Z06 hasn't been officialy released so no arguements here.
Seems like people will do anything to down play the Z06... even trying to split hairs.

Its not like you dont do the same thing in the opposite direction
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 06:47 PM   #42
graywolf624
Regular User

Out of curiousity did anyone ever test the production ford gt on the track.

There was a huge disparity in the tests by the magazines that makes me sorta question there wasnt a ringer in there somewhere, especially given the weight of the vehicle itself.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #43
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by Caplax40
Originally Posted by Caplax40
Eh, no thank you.
Move along - nothing to see here Ferrari-dreamer-Camry-driver.

Hah, no thanks to both of those! Well a Ferrari maybe, but it's down quite a ways on my list!!

right, so you wouldnt want a 505 hp Corvette. And you wouldnt want a Ferrari F430. So what car would you want. Oh i know, one of those cars from The Fast and the Furious
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #44
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

Its not like you dont do the same thing in the opposite direction
Hell yeah - this is the "leaf spring" forum... We do things a little different than over in your "champagne & caviar" forum.. hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:33 AM   #45
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Out of curiousity did anyone ever test the production ford gt on the track.

There was a huge disparity in the tests by the magazines that makes me sorta question there wasnt a ringer in there somewhere, especially given the weight of the vehicle itself.
well i have seen times ranging from 12.2 (road and track) to 11.2 and 11.6 (motortrend tests) forget what car and driver got but i think it was in the vacinity of high 11s. so yea i see what you are saying about the differing times. and motortrend tested the top speed at 200.1 (which suspiciously was the same car that recorded the 11.2 second 1/4 mile)

i dont think there has been too much doubt that the car is making more than its advertised power just about how much more. i think its safe to say its a mid to high 11 sec car in the 1/4 mile.