Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 01-08-2005, 12:16 AM   #16
sentra_dude

Damn, thanks a lot for the pics dude...! :shock:

I hope they at least change the wheels for the turbo version of the S7, or do something subtle, a bit like the difference between the SL55 and SL65. If I was paying all that extra money I would want people to know I had the turbo version and not that pansy N/A S7.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 03:47 AM   #17
T-Bird
Regular User

well if you look closely there are a few subtle differences throughout but very hard to differ. The underside looks to have different aerodynamic design to it.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:28 AM   #18
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

wow amazing, looks pretty nice,
Old 01-08-2005, 04:38 AM   #19
Fleischmann
Regular User

Badass. It was quick enough with the N/A engine!! I don't think they have changed much in the design...I think the rear lip is a bit bigger and they have also created easier airfow from the back.

*copies pics to hdd*
Old 01-08-2005, 05:17 AM   #20
blah
Regular User

Ok i dont get it. Every pic i see of the Saleen factory there are always a few S7s bieng built. WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY AT!!! GOD DAMNIT. Id expect to see some living in SoCal.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:31 AM   #21
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Ok i dont get it. Every pic i see of the Saleen factory there are always a few S7s bieng built. WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY AT!!! GOD DAMNIT. Id expect to see some living in SoCal.

I know what you mean both of the Saleen dealers near me have had a few go through them and more that I've only heard of but never got to see I would say atleast 6 (that I know of) in the past 3 years but I have yet to see one on the roads. Haven't seen any lately and I go back to every once in a while to check now that I have a Digital Camera. All the Saleens are gone even the Mustangs.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 06:08 AM   #22
tekwar
Regular User

great pics! this has to be one of the best looking sports cars on the road today. Its a shame you never ever get to see one. Well here at least...
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:01 PM   #23
mv
Regular User

an awesome car...One can hardly imagine how this thing goes..It seems Mr. Pagani has to quicken the Zonda's successor development to live up to his name
Old 01-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #24
findleybeast
Regular User

You'd think they'd at least give it a new badge, instead of just leaving the plain S7 one

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:07 PM   #25
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird

I know what you mean both of the Saleen dealers near me have had a few go through them and more that I've only heard of but never got to see I would say atleast 6 (that I know of) in the past 3 years but I have yet to see one on the roads. Haven't seen any lately and I go back to every once in a while to check now that I have a Digital Camera. All the Saleens are gone even the Mustangs.
The only time ive ever seen an S7 is when i was at the Auto Show, thats it. Damn this is kinda depressing when you think about it. The worlds greatest supercar is american and we cant even find one on the road. :x
Old 01-08-2005, 06:56 PM   #26
mv
Regular User

The worlds greatest supercar is american and we cant even find one on the road. :x
You are quite nationalistic aren't you? It's definitely one of the most astonishing supercars on sale by now ,however, it's very disputable whether it should be hailed as the best one

I reckon that a proper supercar should be equipped with a lusty V12 rather than a force-fed V8.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:24 PM   #27
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv
The worlds greatest supercar is american and we cant even find one on the road. :x
You are quite nationalistic aren't you? It's definitely one of the most astonishing supercars on sale by now ,however, it's very disputable whether it should be hailed as the best one

I reckon that a proper supercar should be equipped with a lusty V12 rather than a force-fed V8.
Than whats that make the F40, the Porsche Carrera GT, the Koenigsegg, 360 Modena, F430, Lambo Gallardo, SLR McLaren, and a whole host of other supercars? The Saleen is the most underated supercar out there. I believe it to be the best on sale right now. Nothing matches its good looks and performance.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:59 AM   #28
ikon2003
Regular User

Originally Posted by findleybeast
:shock: Good lord look at that engine bay!! This is taking the horsepower war to new extremes. It's a shame that the S7 hasn't received as much credit as it deserved, but I think this is going to be impossible for anyone to ignore

Seriously... I don't know why it didn't get the respect it deserved. I would have loved to see an S7 on Top Gear or 5th gear and see what they think.

Maybe cuz they just don't export to euro a lot... dunno.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:00 AM   #29
ikon2003
Regular User

Oh, and btw, fast-autos has a really good synopsis of the new TT Saleen.

Awesome read. Dunno if anyone posted the link b4 in this thread, but here it its.

http://www.fast-autos.net/saleen/saleens7tt.html
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 07:25 AM   #30
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv

Than whats that make the F40, the Porsche Carrera GT, the Koenigsegg, 360 Modena, F430, Lambo Gallardo, SLR McLaren, and a whole host of other supercars? The Saleen is the most underated supercar out there. I believe it to be the best on sale right now. Nothing matches its good looks and performance.

I might agree in terms of performance...But i find its appearance quite out-dated, it looks like a supercar from mid 90s whereas the zonda or an enzo are more up to date or even futuristic and that's another thing I would expect from a supercar.However, it is a matter of tastes...Btw I've never heard S7's sound - do you happen to know where to download some clips or road tests (if there are any)?