Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 12-21-2004, 11:45 PM   #31
FordGTGuy

No, a mechanical problem wouldn't be overlooked like that and mostly spark plug threads. This is also common sense since the engine blcok is used commonly in svt lightnings.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:46 PM   #32
FordGTGuy

Originally Posted by 666fast
Fixed
Or
Repaired
Daily

I think there was some recall earlier with reg to the 5.4 l engine - affected F150, and other cars and trucks incl the FGT
Was that the spark plug fiasco? I remember hearing about it on the news not too long ago. The threads on the plug itself we too short and the plugs would blow out of the engine.
First
On
Racing
Day
Old 12-21-2004, 11:53 PM   #33
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Fucked
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:54 PM   #34
FordGTGuy

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
Fucked
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge
yea a small block v8 is really a rebuilt v10 viper engine hah and it still makes more power!.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:56 PM   #35
ZfrkS62
Regular User

not really a fan of either company so i don't really care just find it funny that there are so many acronyms for one company

FORD for dyslexics:

Driver
Returns
On
Foot

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:15 AM   #36
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
SP2 has been pretty widely accepted as far as I know. My brother, the nerdiest computer nerd I know (we call him "the guru" in my family) thinks it's definetely worthwhile to Windows users, but he prefers Linux on his own machine hehe.
yes, but they've updated the SP2, they could be at sp2.3.4.5.. and by being windows, it could be garbage.
Ofcourse some day I'll install sp2

Originally Posted by fordgtguy
they also said supplier that means the component made by that brand is defected it doesn't mean Ford made a bad car or with bad materials.
in this modern world, where car manufacturers try to cut costs, you have a list of suppliers that could make a certain part, and the winner is the supplier that gives more benefits.
We're not saying that ford cars are garbage, but a normal R&D time or process with the ford gt could have avoided that problem
nowadays, car brands need to run to get out new models, cars, platforms, etc. Some years ago, VW needed 7 years to develop the passat mkII or III (I don't remember), now almost all car manufacturers don't go beyond 3 years making a car.
remember how many models and cars have been recalled over the past years. I've lost count... i.e. the beetle, focus, windstar, stratus/sebring, etc etc etc

the gt is a great car, but it has some flaws, that's all-
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:08 PM   #37
FordGTGuy

well no car is perfect and i can live with that.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:44 AM   #38
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
That sucks...but it explains why I saw soooo many cars on that tour hehehe.
sorry i couldnt respond to your pm...
sometimes i think its funny how many goofy things leaked may cause a loss of job :roll:

as far as future recals, i shouldnt anticipate, but i suspect one piece in particular based on a bid ford made on a cheaper piece up-front... i only know of this one based on info from the competing manufacturer's president/ceo.

then again, its likely the structurally weaker/cheaper part wont cause any problems
Old 12-24-2004, 02:33 AM   #39
T-Bird
Regular User

Well I don't think it's that big of a deal that a brand new car had a recall and I bet if Ferrari had a recall they would never let it out in the open if possible.
And Built Ford Tough is refering to their Trucks not cars.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 02:49 AM   #40
kenezzite
Regular User

I bet JC from Top Gear will be pissed. He's been bitching about not getting his Ford GT for a while now, and also he said they keep rising the price. I can't wait to see what he will say about this recall issue.
kenezzite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 02:53 AM   #41
SFDMALEX
Regular User

HAHA-HA! Thats all I have to say.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:04 PM   #42
lamboman3140
Regular User

here's a pic of the Ford GT from automobile magizen the issue with the cover story "The 200 MPH Club" with the Lamborghini Murcielago, SLR and Carrera GT
im saying that because in the pic of the back of the GT the Murcielago in in the pic.
I think this accedient may have had something to do with the faulty Control arm.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/gt40/g...1223_002.shtml

LAMBORGHINI!
lamboman3140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:15 PM   #43
nthfinity
Regular User

ok... since i know something about this

the faulty part which demanded all GT's be grounded until fixed is both rear bottom control arms are cast aluminum which ended up not being up to prototype spec, and prone to fracture (likely due to temperature cooling faults) ford has replaced the part with an above prototype spec bilit aluminum controler arm.

in order to replace them, they arent taken to dealers shops... as it wont fit on a hydrolic lift, but special wooden blocks are placed underneath the car, and a team is going around the country to replace the defective parts.

while doing this, they are also using a 'speedy sleeve' to fix a main bearing oil leak that is on some of the cars... that is caused by uneven metal to metal contact. a several hour job, but quite cheap when compared to using a bilit aluminum vs. cast aluminum.

i dont believe any cars delivered after mid november had either fault
Old 03-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #44
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

while doing this, they are also using a 'speedy sleeve' to fix a main bearing oil leak that is on some of the cars... that is caused by uneven metal to metal contact. a several hour job, but quite cheap when compared to using a bilit aluminum vs. cast aluminum.

i dont believe any cars delivered after mid november had either fault
Ford should be obligated to speedy deliver a new fucking engine.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:40 PM   #45
nthfinity
Regular User

Ford should be obligated to speedy deliver a new fucking engine.
ill just say i have a few reservations... but time will tell the true matters... i want to see these cars pushing 100,000 miles in a few years time