Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 08-13-2004, 12:15 AM   #1
number77
Regular User

Default FordShelby GR-1 Concept car (high-res pics added)

here is a link to the post i just made in another forum.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...42#post2398342

it is the replacement, this look to be a shelby cobra, i just found the pics and decided to contribute.

EDIT BY TT

number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 12:20 AM   #2
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Default Re: FORD GT REPLACEMENT CAR

Here is a tip for the future please post the pics not the forum which only provides the links not direct image because takes to much time. so this is the replacement for the Ford GT? not it's own Shelby Cobra?

FORD SHELBY GR-1 CONCEPT
Old 08-13-2004, 12:24 AM   #3
vexor
Regular User

Well, IMO it looks better than the Ford GT, but can it perform as well as the Ford GT?

Are there any specs on this car?

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 12:24 AM   #4
tigerx
Regular User

it look gorgeous, look like another "history" car, this one is base on the shelby daytona coupe, wow i can't wait.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:26 AM   #5
bmagni
Regular User

i dont think it will be the replacement, just a new car
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 12:27 AM   #6
tigerx
Regular User

true lol, anyone here from the press? if you do would you plz get the High res of this car ? they're available here:

http://www.autodeadline.com/Photos?s...=Shelby&page=1

i don't work for the press so it really suck for me.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:29 AM   #7
SilviaEvo
Regular User

true lol, anyone here from the press? if you do would you plz get the High res of this car ? they're available here:

http://www.autodeadline.com/Photos?s...=Shelby&page=1

i don't work for the press so it really suck for me.
you need a password for that i tried it and thought bout posting it
Old 08-13-2004, 12:31 AM   #8
tigerx
Regular User

yeah that why i ask for someone that work for the press, only they can sign up.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:34 AM   #9
T-Bird
Regular User

I'm sure that won't replace the GT it will definitely be it's own car like the Cobra if it ever sees production.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 12:36 AM   #10
tigerx
Regular User

either way, i LOVE IT.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:38 AM   #11
number77
Regular User

i didn't post the pics cause it took me fover to copy and paste it to the other site. i just posted it here so that you guys could have a link to it before i put up the the pics. it would of taken me like 5 minutes to put up the tags on the url and that could be enough time for someone to look at the forum and leave, and have to wait till tomarrow to see the pics. :cry:

also, i am 99% sure that this is the replacement for the ford gt. they will have a short run, so when the last one comes off the line, its price will appreciate like crazy
Old 08-13-2004, 12:45 AM   #12
BADMIHAI
Regular User

It looks pretty cool. Now if they lost those stupid head lights, they might have something.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 12:47 AM   #13
SilviaEvo
Regular User

i didn't post the pics cause it took me fover to copy and paste it to the other site. i just posted it here so that you guys could have a link to it before i put up the the pics. it would of taken me like 2 whole minutes to put up the tags on the url and that could be enough time for someone to look at the forum and leave, and have to wait till tomarrow to see the pics.

also, i am 99% sure that this is the replacement for the ford gt. they will have a short run, so when the last one comes off the line, its price will appreciate like crazy
it took me about 30 seconds copy all urls then go post reply and highlight the link and click IMG and poof! IMG TAGS!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 12:50 AM   #14
number77
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
i didn't post the pics cause it took me fover to copy and paste it to the other site. i just posted it here so that you guys could have a link to it before i put up the the pics. it would of taken me like 2 whole minutes to put up the tags on the url and that could be enough time for someone to look at the forum and leave, and have to wait till tomarrow to see the pics.

it took me about 30 seconds copy all urls then go post reply and highlight the link and click IMG and poof! IMG TAGS!!!
but you have to cop each one individually, and my eyes are starting to get blurry, its 12:00am here
Old 08-13-2004, 12:51 AM   #15
T-Bird
Regular User

why would Ford replace their GT racer with a Shelby car technically they aren't the same company and if this is a homage to the Daytona it would be a totally different car than the GT/GT40 is/was they were 2 different cars that were available at about the same period in Automotive history. Anyways you don't replace something like the Ford GT they just end it's run and leave it at that. They may introduce a new car but they won't replace the GT with anything. This may be a new car from Shelby but it won't be a replacement. Especially since as soon as the projected GT run is complete SVT will refocus their efforts on the SVT Cobra and Lightning and the SVT Focus is still kind of in the air(who knows). So if the car was to be built they would have to find another place to produce it unless Shelby built them at his factory in Las Vegas by hand since they don't have assembly lines there, so if they produce this car the question is where would they build it? that's the thing with the new Shelby Cobra aswell where would they build it, there isn't really anywhere to build another car like the GT. They really can't afford to close down the SVT factory for another limited edition high performance car because the Cobra and Lightning guys will start getting fed up, I'm sure the wait already is going to be enough of a strain on sales since you will have to wait another year after the Mustang comes out and even longer for the Lightning to see another SVT car.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote