Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 05-17-2004, 05:08 PM   #1
SilverPhoenix
Regular User

Default STS-V caught at N-ring

SilverPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 05:09 PM   #2
5vz-fe
Regular User

Thanx, and may I say those stupid tapes on the car are drawing more attention than none
Old 05-17-2004, 05:14 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

well, being that i know auto designers (loosely) the reasons for dark black, and goofy looking camo is to hide the 'suprise' of the new contours of the body, and shape of the plastic head/tail lamps... also, usually used to make it look somewhat like the older model.
ill take the lighterweight CTS-V plus
Old 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

I can see their next product... The super-Escalade-V series...

They are about to take a good thing and give it the GM-let's-fuck-it-over-to-sell-more-units-while-the-quality-and-original-intent-goes-down-the-crapper-but-who-cars-our-stock-price-went-up treatment...

---oh, and it will get some gold-trim and stickers - and an extra markup.... ...and 22"-blade-spinners for the rappers....
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 07:35 PM   #5
godspeed06
Regular User

i don't know. maybe GM is going to be the real deal with this from now on. I mean the CTS-V is the real deal. Put a slightly detuned new Z06 engine in this thing and let it go after the new M5. also, what about an XLR-V? put 500 horses in that and you have one HELL of a convertible.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:23 PM   #6
T-Bird
Regular User

XLR-V would be stupid they can leave the XLR as is or offer another engine but they aren't going to go overboard I'm sure. The Cadillac manager at one of the local stores (I know his daughter) said the only two they are talking about for anytime in the future are the CTS and STS series cars. BTW they ghetto Escalades for owners if they want it from the Dealer also H2s and he hates both trucks.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:40 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
XLR-V would be stupid they can leave the XLR as is or offer another engine but they aren't going to go overboard I'm sure. The Cadillac manager at one of the local stores (I know his daughter) said the only two they are talking about for anytime in the future are the CTS and STS series cars. BTW they ghetto Escalades for owners if they want it from the Dealer also H2s and he hates both trucks.
Yep - you can order a CTS-V "appearance" package for your V6 CTS - complete with thin yellow-stripe tyres and gold badge trim option.... right from the dealer.

As I say - every now and then GM gets a flash of brilliance - then proceed to fuck it up
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:45 PM   #8
T-Bird
Regular User

I know what your saying they have fucked "some" :roll: things up in the past, but they seem to be playing right with this line of cars. hell the STS-V isn't even slated for a couple years down the road.

EDIT: the appearance package would be a huge ego boost to some young dad driving his stock V6 accord outrunning a supposedly CTS-V
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:52 PM   #9
SilverPhoenix
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
I know what your saying they have fucked "some" :roll: things up in the past, but they seem to be playing right with this line of cars. hell the STS-V isn't even slated for a couple years down the road.

EDIT: the appearance package would be a huge ego boost to some young dad driving his stock V6 accord outrunning a supposedly CTS-V
i'd love to see an accord outrunning the 255HP RWD CTS-V look alike.
SilverPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:59 PM   #10
BADMIHAI
Regular User

And you will. "Patience is a virtue. "
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:17 PM   #11
SL55 AMG
Regular User

Is it me or do the wheels on the spy car look small, for one compared to the size of the car and 2nd to the German counterparts offered up by BMW and Benz? Looks like extensive work went into designing this thing, a Bigger CTS :roll:.
SL55 AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:24 AM   #12
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I can see their next product... The super-Escalade-V series...

They are about to take a good thing and give it the GM-let's-fuck-it-over-to-sell-more-units-while-the-quality-and-original-intent-goes-down-the-crapper-but-who-cars-our-stock-price-went-up treatment...

---oh, and it will get some gold-trim and stickers - and an extra markup.... ...and 22"-blade-spinners for the rappers....
WE RIDE SPINNAS!
Old 05-18-2004, 12:26 AM   #13
Schwalbe

If you talk about the CTS-V this is the car of 400BHP. Thus, this is only in your dreams that you can think about a JDM outrunning a CTS-V.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:28 AM   #14
blah
Regular User

No hes talking about the V6 Caddy with the CTS Uniform, but not the CTS-V muscles. But the Accord V6 in Sedan form is faster than a CTS in V6 form.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:38 AM   #15
nthfinity
Regular User

XLR v would not even make sence, GM stated that the reason the 5.7 liter isnt able to fit.... yes, the XLR was the test bed of some of the C6 technologies, but they ended up going for a well powered V8, in a severely over-priced Mercedes poser...
at least it looks good...contrasting to me saying no more 'v' series besides the CTS... cadilac definately needs a 2 door turbocharged 6 to play in the performance numbers of the RS4, and M3 range i think (remember that buick concept with the twin turbo V6 shown this eyar?) hmm... good reason to develop such an engine i think..

to sum up
CTS-V good
STS-V bad
ETS-V (or some 2 door cad -v) good