Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 01-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #76
FoxFour
Regular User

I was thinking about value per dollar as a whole. I really don't know about it's reliability issues, don't know much about the car as a whole, really.
Ok Gray, I put down the bottle of Colt .45 ops:
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:33 AM   #77
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
RC45: I already did. I'd bet that the Cerbera 4.5 and Marcos Mantis can do what you have listed on your requirements. I'd also bet that a whole bunch of RUF cars can do it as well.
Are you naturally an idiot or did it take practice to get this good....

I again will list the criteria... and remember I am foregoing price - so you are not constrained by price..

* All weather (as in rain or shine - obviosly snow is not a requirment)

* with space for luggage (at least 2 full size golf bags and hand luggage)

* Decent gas mileage (15mpg city, 26mpg hiway)

* 4s 0-60

* 12.xs 1/4 mile

* 180mph top speed

* 60-0 in 104ft

*1G skid pad

*7:56 Nurburgring lap
Please take these 2 candidates and plug them into ALL the categories.

Last I looked you can't fit 1 full size golf bag into a 911 - letalone 2...

And as for gas mileage the Cerbera and Marcos need their own fuel tanker if you try leave town..

Nice try though.

If only the Mistu Evo had a higher topend and better mechanical reliability it would be an exciting option.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:18 AM   #78
pagani
Regular User

I love this ca with the 7 liter 427 ci engine.
And this is the american porsche/ ferrari slayer for the future.
Maby this the favorite car for tuners in the next coming years.
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 09:02 AM   #79
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by TeflonTron
RC45: I already did. I'd bet that the Cerbera 4.5 and Marcos Mantis can do what you have listed on your requirements. I'd also bet that a whole bunch of RUF cars can do it as well.
Are you naturally an idiot or did it take practice to get this good....

I again will list the criteria... and remember I am foregoing price - so you are not constrained by price..

* All weather (as in rain or shine - obviosly snow is not a requirment)

* with space for luggage (at least 2 full size golf bags and hand luggage)

* Decent gas mileage (15mpg city, 26mpg hiway)

* 4s 0-60

* 12.xs 1/4 mile

* 180mph top speed

* 60-0 in 104ft

*1G skid pad

*7:56 Nurburgring lap
Please take these 2 candidates and plug them into ALL the categories.

Last I looked you can't fit 1 full size golf bag into a 911 - letalone 2...

And as for gas mileage the Cerbera and Marcos need their own fuel tanker if you try leave town..

Nice try though.

If only the Mistu Evo had a higher topend and better mechanical reliability it would be an exciting option.
Hey, that's a little harsh!!

Let's see:

Cerbera is:

0-60 in 3.9 (check)
1/4 in 12.x (check)
All weather (check)
180MPH+ (check)
100MPH-0 = 3.8 seconds (don't have other braking details)
Storage (check). This car is a 2+2 so your friends can come too
Skid Pad - Can't find any figures. Sorry
Nurburgring - Again, can't find figures
Gas Milage - (check)

There, not too shabby, I think you'll agree. Oh, and the choice of paint colour is awesome too!
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #80
RC45
Regular User

^^^ Fuck the other 2 friends.. they can walk.. The question is can you get your golf buddy and both your full sets of clubs in the back..?

On the open road, can I get about 27-29mpg in 6th gear? That's abotu 6l/100km.. ?

And finally - is it a regular production mode, or do you have to sell a kidney and donate a slice of your spleen to get on the waiting list? heheh

[columbo mode]
... oh... uhm... just 1 more question... are there any Cerbera's out there that have turn over 100,000 miles and still kept on chugging?...?
[/columbo mode]

?

Any way - I am off to pu another 300miles of back woods, country roads under the tyres this morning... tata
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:33 AM   #81
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
^^^ Fuck the other 2 friends.. they can walk.. The question is can you get your golf buddy and both your full sets of clubs in the back..?

On the open road, can I get about 27-29mpg in 6th gear? That's abotu 6l/100km.. ?

And finally - is it a regular production mode, or do you have to sell a kidney and donate a slice of your spleen to get on the waiting list? heheh

[columbo mode]
... oh... uhm... just 1 more question... are there any Cerbera's out there that have turn over 100,000 miles and still kept on chugging?...?
[/columbo mode]

?

Any way - I am off to pu another 300miles of back woods, country roads under the tyres this morning... tata
Yes, you can get your buddy in the front seat and the clubs in the boot/trunk and/or the on the back seats too.

Yep, you can call TVR and order one up, or go to a TVR dealer and buy one from the showroom floor.

I really don't know about MPG, but it does only weigh 1100KGS and has a 4.5 litre engine, so it would be easily achievable. As for 100,000 miles: I really don't know.

Have fun in the woods, and try not to scare some Ricers, ya hear?!
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:44 PM   #82
astonmartinandy
Regular User

How about an e39 M5? They aren't brand new anymore, but you can still pick up good examples for ~£25k.
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #83
graywolf624
Regular User

I would argue the m3 is good competition for the vette.. but you cant compare a used car to a new car and I think the vette takes a slight edge over the m3 in performance. Granted the m3 has the edge in luxury.

Notice something about the tvr.. No handling numbers. No reliability numbers.. and actual gas mileage.
Youll find that these are the areas the tvr falls flat behind alot of cars. They are great fun, but I would consider them similar to the exotics of a decade ago. Youd have to be rich and out of your mind to try and drive one every day.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:53 PM   #84
graywolf624
Regular User

Every time I hear someone knock the vette for old technology(which actually some of it *pushrods* are actually younger then what most people consider the hot thing) I think of a very old saying in the computer industry.
KISS- Keep it simple stupid.

It is the use of pushrods and the trasvere mounted leaf spring that keep the price down and make the car reliable. Less features and less moving parts(no need for a sway bar for example) add up to these things. Afterall what really matters in the long run (as Ive said repeatedly to the hsp per liter crowd) is not the parts but there sum.
You can buy the most tech advanced car in the world, and still get beat by old school tech. In the long run what matters in the real world is how the car performance in the categories you want per the amount you spend. Remember that the next time some idiot says his civics better then a vette cause of higher hsp per liter...
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:51 AM   #85
FoxFour
Regular User

And what about some of the British specialty car manufacturers that use Chevy small blocks in their chassis? It's funny really when Jeremy Clarkson gets in those cars and test drives them and he is giddy with excitement from the massive torque that the mouse motor provides. That's what I like about American cars, they are diverse in their heritage much like the diversity of our own country.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:25 PM   #86
Refefer
Regular User

Originally Posted by jrummi
Its easy to knock the Corvette because its so inexpensive compared to everything it competes with, but the truth is that the car is amazingly fast, easy to drive, reliable and dirt cheap. Isn't that what you want from a Performance car,,,, performance?
Agreed... but then again the cars it is competing with are a lot more polished, more luxurious... you're not buying just the performance, but also the culture with it.

I love the new vettes... but American cars have an image of being tacky
Refefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 03:10 PM   #87
phantomfocus
Regular User

DUNKiNUTS you have obviously never ridden in a C5 ZO6. That car in insane for the money. ridiculously quick, fantastic breaks, stiff chassis it's an awesome car. The C6 ZO6 promises to be even better. Just the numbers on the sheet don't do it justice, I would say it's probably the best bang for the buck production car ever built, even if it ends up at $75,000. I can't wait till it's the streets, I have to ride in that car.
phantomfocus is offline   Reply With Quote