Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines

Books, Comics And Magazines This is the place to discuss Books, Comics And Magazines that you have read / are reading

Old 06-01-2005, 08:14 AM   #1
inso
Regular User

Default Discussion about: This Month´s Evo Magazine 1.6.05

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/57...onths_evo.html

his month's magazine features our Road & Track Car 2005 supplement - thirteen contenders put through their paces, from the 65bhp Westfield XI to the 425 bhp Noble M400. Don't miss it.

014 Planet Evo
Porsche reveals official shots of its new Cayman and details of 4wd 997s, Renault bids a fond farewell to the Clio 182 with a special Trophy version, and Bristol announces the Fighter S. Plus news of the sensational Wiesmann coupe

042 Driven
Ferrari Superamerica, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX, Autodelta Alfa GT Super, Audi TT Sport, Vauxhall Monaro V8, Ford Mustang GT Convertible, Mitsubishi Colt Coupe-Cabrio

061 Letters
Porter's rant about Ferrari prostituting its brand hits a chord with a US reader, while another writes from South Africa with news that the original Golf GTI lives, a third moans about ugly Bristols and yet another says our 'Ring complaint is just sour grapes

068 Audi gets serious
Audi is hell-bent on shaking up the sports car establishment, and that means tackling the BMW M3 and Porsche 911 head-on. Its weapons for the job are the new RS4 with its astonishingly rev-hungry, 414bhp V8 and re-configured quattro drivetrain, and the stunning mid-engined R9. We drive the rampant RS4 to the limit (and beyond) and grill the boss of quattro GmbH about Audi's most ambitious sports car to date, the 911-rivalling, four-wheel-drive R9

082 Road and Track Car of the Year 2005
Thirteen contenders - from the 65bhp Westfield XI to the 425bhp Noble M400 - vie for overall honours in our inaugural test to find the sports car that best combines on-road ability and trackday thrills. Over four days on the roads of north Wales and around the twists of Anglesey circuit, pure road cars battle it out with more track-biased contenders... but there can be only one winner

116 Gumpert Apollo
Yes, it's an odd name but don't let that colour your view of this new German supercar built by Audi luminaries and powered by a tuned, 640bhp Audi-RS6 engine. It's McLaren F1 quick, ready to race with a set of slicks and costs less than £200K

126 Pagani Zonda F
Richard Meaden stays up all night to join the men from Pagani as they put the new 602bhp Zonda F through its paces on real roads around Modena. No high-speed stuff at all, no siree, not in the dark on Italian roads with a young Italian test driver

134 BMW M3 Buying Guide
M3s are becoming commonplace but there's a very good reason for that - they're great to drive and wonderfully practical, too. Early cars are now approaching bargain status, so if you fancy a 338bhp, rear-drive Beemer with attitude, or the even more potent CSL, you'd better take a look here

142 Long Term Tests
The MG SV-R will be off soon but the arrival of our imported Mustang GT and a 6-litre VXR Monaro means that the V8 count is well up this month. Meanwhile Ed Tomalin has driven his V8, the S-type R, to meet its inspiration, the Mk2 Jag, and Harry has dug deep to re-shoe his prancing horse

161 The Knowledge
Eighty-one times someone's pondered what to write here. I can't be fagged, so here's a quiz instead: which car's name features all five vowels once?

194 Best Day of My Life
Serial kit-car and sports car builder Lee Noble recalls the day he won his first motor race and the pivotal role it played in his life

I think the R9 article will be great and buying guide for M3. Well evo is always a good mag. Remember also that the driven articles will shortly arrive after message of new evo to the site. One or two days after this.
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:44 AM   #2
No.1
Regular User

Got my copy a few days ago, but not read it yet. Not even read last months issue yet! :cry: That's exams for you.

Flicked through it though, and the most stand-out article was the Zonda F one.

HOwever..... should this topic not go in the Books/Magazines/Comics section
Old 06-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #3
davide
Regular User

New sportmodel from Audi... R9? Never heard of before... God, have to buy it..

murcielago - five vowels?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:26 PM   #4
inso
Regular User

Imho this is not a Scan, so i think this is general car talk, more like a preview. Should be some interesting articles and footage, i bet the zonda driver is a nutter. I also wonder what means the remark of RS4( We drive the rampant RS4 to the limit (and beyond)), did they total it. .
Old 06-01-2005, 04:31 PM   #5
TT
Regular User

Not a scan, but still a mag :arrow: moved
Old 06-03-2005, 02:10 PM   #6
inso
Regular User

Oh here it went, never actually go thru this menu to magazine scans. Well now i know where to post it next time
Old 06-03-2005, 02:13 PM   #7
gucom
Regular User

i have to read everything i can about that R9...it looks like it'll be awesome...and i LOVED the Le Mans concept car's looks
Old 06-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #8
leo_26782
Regular User

Do you have any info about this R9?

I have never heard about it before, but I loved the look of the Le Mans concept car
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #9
gucom
Regular User

well from what i found after a search, it'll have audi's Quattro system, and probably a modified Gallardo V10 engine...but thats not certain yet i believe...
if it looks anything like hte Le Mans concept its gonna be gorgeous
Old 06-03-2005, 03:19 PM   #10
leo_26782
Regular User

So it should keep the V10 they used in the prototype (or slightly modified only) ? GREAT
Old 06-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #11
leo_26782
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by leo_26782
So it should keep the V10 they used in the prototype (or slightly modified only) ? GREAT
Well the prototype had the V10 with twin turbos making 610hp, this one will be N/A so its sadly not the same, but Im sure it will be fast....

The reason are from what I have gathered of info that the R9 with a TT setup would kill the Lambos, and that wouldnt fly with the company policy, as Lambo should be fastest alternative......
Isn't it supposed to be a supercar that could beat any other car they are producing? Or will it just be another model in the catalogue (a sporty RS6)?