Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-02-2006, 10:03 PM   #16
DeMoN
Regular User

sounds like the only security you need is from the a-holes selling security products.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #17
spanky
Regular User

I must say it sounds very suspicious.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmuller
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
Originally Posted by gottacatchup
It might just be that the alarm company has a way of tracking police reports and just go to areas that have had break-ins and the like reported.

But i probably would have done the same thing you're doing and report them to the authorities, better safe than sorry.
not to mention that there is no way th epolice would share that info with a company.
True, the police wouldn't give them the information, but most police records are public information and open to anyone. In which case it is feasible that they'd have someone that constantly monitors the web or something.
Open cases, not yet filed are not exactly in the "public record" category though
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Did your car get vandalized or your neighbors? Hopefully not yours. I'd be suspicious also, too much of a coincidense.
Mine...

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=40838&start=0
Old 07-03-2006, 12:27 AM   #20
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Hmm.. Indeed it is very suspicious..

Pretty fucking ridiculous if you ask me. But what happened when you caught your neighbor trying to break in your side door?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex

Pretty fucking ridiculous if you ask me. But what happened when you caught your neighbor trying to break in your side door?
No - a punk vandal tried to break into HIS garage side door...
Old 07-03-2006, 02:52 AM   #22
coloradosilver
Regular User

In the community that I live in, people that go door to door get a ride out of the neighborhood by the local police. It's illegal here and the people are really strict about it. The cops are good at the enforcement too. I love it!

Not to mention that most of the people that live in my neighborhood are gun owners and have no problem using them to protect their families and property. I feel sorry for the dumbass that tries to break into a house around here in the middle of the night. Probably won't be leaving the house under his own power.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #23
ARMAN
Regular User

Could be coinsedence really, as a salesman from practice I know that its possible that you can come somewere right when you are needed, its not an unusual thing, happend to me many times, weird but true... and NO I dont sell alarms I dont know if someone here is or was a salesman maybe he can relate to this :bah:
But who knows maybe those are the ones that are behind this all Maybe police could find something by investigation. It does look suspicious.

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #24
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

No - a punk vandal tried to break into HIS garage side door...
I see.. would be a damn good coincidence if that really was just some teenage punk.. But you really can't help to think it was one of those security salesmen.

Just out of curiousity, what did you say to the Security company that showed up just hours after the inicident?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by 30cm_penis
Originally Posted by gottacatchup
It might just be that the alarm company has a way of tracking police reports and just go to areas that have had break-ins and the like reported.
I find RC's theory more likely to be true.....

It's definitely an odd coincidence... and I would have done exactly the same as you did - report that weird coincident to the authorities
Having a 'friend' in the PD would be a lot more logical and safer then going around braking into houses late at night...
Again - how could a "friend in the PD" be able to tell you about a case that has not been filed yet?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:19 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Just out of curiousity, what did you say to the Security company that showed up just hours after the inicident?
I said "Are you fucking kidding me? We get vandalized last noght and you show up today asking about alarm installation saying crime is on the rise."

I then called the cops.

Old 07-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #27
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I said "Are you fucking kidding me? We get vandalized last noght and you show up today asking about alarm installation saying crime is on the rise."

I then called the cops.

and what was his reply?
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:10 PM   #28
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

"Crime is on the rise.." I would of broken that dudes arms right there.

Man that's seriously f*cked RC. Possibily staring at the criminal who just smashed your window, face to face and not being able take action. I say try your hardest to get some sort of investigation. I know the cops (atleast in boston) wouldnt do shit, but you probably have more knowledge and power than I did.

I had to deal with a roommate friend who was staying at our apartment for a few weeks, break into our place after he left and take my 2 week old laptop.

It's a horrible feeling to know who's guilty and not get your justice.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #29
R8audi
Regular User

This is a common occurence where i live....

Crime statistics are so high in my country, the market is flooded with security companies. In an effort to get more business, some unscrupulous alarm company owners employ people to break into houses and cars in target areas. And then send sales staff round, with seemingly intuitive timing, to offer deals on security. When one of these alarm companies was questioned by journalists about the coincidence he said he had received reports from the police about a spurt of break-ins in certain areas and thats why he approached them. Not enough evidence to take it any further, but it all just seems too fishy.

Heard a story a while back about a guy who had a golf 4 GTI, who used to park his car in a side street in town. On the Tuesday he left the office to find his two right side wheels slashed... So he had new ones fitted. The following Tuesday he had his 2 left side wheels slashed... So he replaced those. Pissed off and thinking they were vandals he parked around the corner and then the following Thursday he came out to find all 4 wheels stolen... So the thiefs got 4 GTI mag wheels with 4 new tyres on! Fricken thiefs!!!! :x
R8audi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #30
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by R8audi
In an effort to get more business, some unscrupulous alarm company owners employ people to break into houses and cars in target areas. And then send sales staff round, with seemingly intuitive timing, to offer deals on security.
Thank you.

This is precisely what it looked like... seemingly intuitive timing being the key phrase