Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Nissan Skyline GTR R34
subzero 44 46.32%
cool 41 43.16%
uncool 7 7.37%
seriously uncool 3 3.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #16
FPVPSI
Regular User

Cool car i reckon! All the gadgets and gizmos to keep ya playing all day long... Plus im abit of a fan of performance Nissans... 8)
Old 05-15-2006, 05:35 PM   #17
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
uncool looking pile of gizmos since japanese people can't drive well.
:shock: :shock: what the hell are you talking about. have to seen a Best Motoring video? or a true japanese drift event? you sir don't know what you are talking about.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:58 PM   #18
chest3r
Regular User

"Just" cool for me !

It is one of the best sportscars ever made but it could be better. It isn't as powerful as it could be. The standard model is just cool but if you tune it, it will be subzero with every letters. Just like the Nismo Z-Tune version
Old 05-15-2006, 10:56 PM   #19
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT
:shock: :shock: what the hell are you talking about. have to seen a Best Motoring video? or a true japanese drift event? you sir don't know what you are talking about.
have you ever seen nearly every Best Motoring video, or a "true japanese drift event"

i rest my case

how many skylines are there?

lets just think about this for a moment... and compare +contrast...

There are umpteen bajillion skylines out there... but even with so many pussy-skylines... the R34 still manages to be subzero to so many people?

ok, there are umpteen bajillion corvettes... but even the pussy-footing ones manage to do great things... but the Z06 manages to be uncool because of every other corvette that isn't as good as the Z06... but somehow constatute the Z being an unexclusive car or something?

you cant have it both ways people...
Old 05-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #20
TNT
Regular User

ok i am not going to turn this into a stupid fight, its a point of view and we aren't going to agree, but i am right and you are right just in different degrees
Old 05-15-2006, 11:03 PM   #21
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT
have you ever seen nearly every Best Motoring video, or a "true japanese drift event"

i rest my case
what the hell does that mean?

and why cant the japanese drive?
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:04 PM   #22
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

The japanese can't drive because they are too crazy.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:09 PM   #23
Daggernite
Regular User

^^^ well thats an answer at least based on something. But seriously NTH japs aint bad drivers, theres cars are some of the best, and BMI is the greatest car DVD in the world.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:09 PM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Originally Posted by SWT

i rest my case

why are American cars the last to get so many electronic nannies? because we aren't innovated? Yeah right... its because we grew up having 500 hp, and are expected to handle waht is dished to us.

why does the Skyline have so many nannies? so its drivers wouldn't have to drive it; particularly in race trim... look at what happened in the "true" japanese race events (drifting is a skill; but not fast... put any racing driver vs. a drift driver... i'd wager my house on the race driver to win each time) --- ok back to the race events... the JGTC was dominated by the 2 way telemetry systems, more electronics controlling the car then a server admin has to play with on a daily basis...

the cars aren't a drivers car.

on that alone... this car ought to get uncool.

Best motoring is just as unrealistic as much of the TG lap times... in fact, i would argue they are even more arbatrary... just watch them; particularly when you know the car(s) in question in context of an unbiased review.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:09 PM   #25
GT-R_R34
Regular User

i'm a big GT-R fan, but i only voted cool.
a Mine's GT-R is another story
GT-R_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:24 PM   #26
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Originally Posted by SWT

i rest my case

why are American cars the last to get so many electronic nannies? because we aren't innovated? Yeah right... its because we grew up having 500 hp, and are expected to handle waht is dished to us.

why does the Skyline have so many nannies? so its drivers wouldn't have to drive it; particularly in race trim... look at what happened in the "true" japanese race events (drifting is a skill; but not fast... put any racing driver vs. a drift driver... i'd wager my house on the race driver to win each time) --- ok back to the race events... the JGTC was dominated by the 2 way telemetry systems, more electronics controlling the car then a server admin has to play with on a daily basis...

the cars aren't a drivers car.

on that alone... this car ought to get uncool.

Best motoring is just as unrealistic as much of the TG lap times... in fact, i would argue they are even more arbatrary... just watch them; particularly when you know the car(s) in question in context of an unbiased review.

Electronics and gadgets is what japan is all about, its in there natures, american cars was the last to implie them because modern technology has finally cause up with them.
Ask any drifter in the D1, none of them will tell you its the fastest way around the track. Its a totally diffrent sport, its more of a car control competition than a race (if it is at all a race).
To me your starting to sound like one heck of a hippocrit, you can cry and moan about everyone picking on america and stereotyping your cars(when its you infact who always drags american into the equation, like now for instants), BUT, you can so easily sterotype japan its cars and cultures without a second thought.
Dont be silly and say japanese cars aint driver cars and american cars are, it just dont sound right.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:37 PM   #27
nthfinity
Regular User

Electronics and gadgets is what japan is all about, its in there natures, american cars was the last to implie them because modern technology has finally cause up with them.
how easily people dont even know that we are the ones who created nearly every bit of nanny out there... but put them to use where they were actually needed.... Japan/germany/sweeden just put them in cars more... but the electornics in the skyline create a new definition of "electronic nannies" compared even to the rest of them.... they are all but driving the car themselves
To me your starting to sound like one heck of a hippocrit, you can cry and moan about everyone picking on america and stereotyping your cars(when its you infact who always drags american into the equation, like now for instants), BUT, you can so easily sterotype japan its cars and cultures without a second thought.
if you have electronics sorting things out for you, are you really so involved in the driving process? the driver is simply making the car "think" more to fix the stupid driver's mistakes...

the fact is, no matter if you have oversteer, or understeer; you are only limited to how much road/track you have left. remember stiggy running the Koenigsegg off the track? case and point.

BTW, i am not crying and moaning; i am mearly comparing and contrasting; for your learning pleasure. its simple... You cannot have it both ways.
Dont be silly and say japanese cars aint driver cars and american cars are, it just dont sound right.
this is exactly the idea i am showing the facts, and disproving... i dont know where it comes from; but its not based on any facts.

if you choose to believe the facts, that is up to you. but until then; i will keep stating the truth; or until the next non-believer comes up 8)
Old 05-15-2006, 11:50 PM   #28
Daggernite
Regular User

Dude you can write a speech RC style all you like, your statement about the japanese cant drive is not based on fact like you say, its stereotyping, and like you say its based on no facts other than you oppinion.

I dont know how more factual you can get than having real cars on a real race track driven by real race drivers? how is it in your words "unrealistic"? Its more real than any GT4.

Now I agree with you about the electronics, but the japanese (and you can read any factual review you want) always make cars that enthusiasts love and respect.
The Evo9 is the worse culprit, it has electronics galory, but like the stig said about the fq400. "its a mans car" in other words a drivers car.

If you prefere a evo9 without the electronics, they have the GT, your catered for either way, even get a scooby

Sorry if it sounds like im having ago nth, im not meaning to sound nasty just abit tired. I read my last post and it sounded abit cocky, soz about that.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:01 AM   #29
nthfinity
Regular User

dont get me wrong, i love the Subaru WRX/WRX STi... the best all purpose (not truck use) vehicle i can think of... perhaps the RS4 is close; but not quite as amazing in cirtain respects.

I can't get so into the evo's for quality reasons.

oh, and about japanese drivers... im sure they are good... but there must be some reasons that so few make it into the world forum in terms of racing.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:13 AM   #30
Daggernite
Regular User

oh, and about japanese drivers... im sure they are good... but there must be some reasons that so few make it into the world forum in terms of racing.
They just keep thereselfs to there selfs dont they. (now im not meaning to sterotype) But you never really see japanese professionals at anything. Can anyone think of one sport with a jap in there. I dont think its because there crap at everything, its just they like to stay in there country I think. Might be because no one else knows there language I dunno.

ok its 5:12am i need to be up for 9am. Bed time me thinks.