Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Japanese Cars

Japanese Cars Japanese car discussion

Old 08-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #31
5vz-fe
Regular User

Damn, 95k is alot of markup for a mass production car.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:25 AM   #32
04RCSTI
Regular User

Yeah, I dont get that either. It's part of life... You simply cant agree with everyone.

We know it's heavy though, and we know the tires will take all the heat, and that its a one lap wonder. We know all that, im just trying to give you all a more organic review.. So we can discuss the things that it does well and the things it doesnt. I dont see why every time the GT-R comes up, we have to start talking about fanboys and weight and sticky tires and computer gizmos. I think it's kinda sad that people get caught up on those things and don't realize, for example, the achievement that is its transmission and the engine that nissan fit into that car. If we didnt get caught up in this same crap then we might know other things about it..
Old 08-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #33
fordgt84
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI View Post
Yeah, I dont get that either. It's part of life... You simply cant agree with everyone.

We know it's heavy though, and we know the tires will take all the heat, and that its a one lap wonder. We know all that, im just trying to give you all a more organic review.. So we can discuss the things that it does well and the things it doesnt. I dont see why every time the GT-R comes up, we have to start talking about fanboys and weight and sticky tires and computer gizmos. I think it's kinda sad that people get caught up on those things and don't realize, for example, the achievement that is its transmission and the engine that nissan fit into that car. If we didnt get caught up in this same crap then we might know other things about it..
thank you
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #34
nthfinity
Regular User

Sounds like you had a great time Thanks for the review!
Old 08-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

If we didnt get caught up in this same crap then we might know other things about it..
Not really - we have seen this before. Without the "interaction" all you see are self-praising backslapping self-gratifying posts and no-one questions anything.

The result? False and exagerate information promogates to all corners.

This way all the information is exposed, and readers can make up their own minds.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #36
04RCSTI
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Not really - we have seen this before. Without the "interaction" all you see are self-praising backslapping self-gratifying posts and no-one questions anything.

The result? False and exagerate information promogates to all corners.

This way all the information is exposed, and readers can make up their own minds.

Yeah but you're not letting people make up their own minds, youre telling them what to think. I'm definitely not denying that what you say is true, and I'm not about to turn this thread into fanboi heaven, but there are other aspects that need to be considered.

I'm not saying lets all agree and lets not "interact" (I dont know who you're quoting with that btw) but lets talk about other things perhaps?

As far as false and exaggerate information, you know I wouldn't agree with someone for the sake of agreeing, but rather because something makes technical sense and its a fact-backed statement.

The information you want to expose, HAS been exposed several times. Almost seems like you're on a crusade to expose it on every single thread about anything remotely linked to the gtr. I dont think you like the car and being the opinionated person you are (nothing wrong with that) you cant allow the discussion to turn into anything else.

It has been established that this is not the greatest car ever made. NO one in this thread is saying it is anything other than what it is. Everyone in this thread should already know that the car has its flaws. Just let it go, if its so heavy and so bad then there should be some really good factors making up for the shortcomings in order for it to perform the way it does.

Like I said, there are many other angles to look at that youre clearly ignoring in light of the stuff you usually point out. Frankly I'm not even interested in discussing this car anymore, its pathetic that this forum cant get past the same fkin issue. Over and over again.

I know you dont like misinformed people, aka fanbois who love the car but dont know why. I understand where you come from, but you cant save everyone..
Old 08-09-2008, 08:19 PM   #37
RC45
Regular User

All hail the mighty R35.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #38
DeMoN
Regular User

I just came back to the US 2 weeks ago and on the airport I saw some magazines with the Vette the 911 and some had the F430 being compared along with the GTR. All of those reviews placed the GTR in first place. I read through them and none mentioned that after testing the GTR on the track they felt it was going to let go. I am not convinced yet that it is a 1-time marvel around tracks. I guess we will have to see when and if they are used in races like LeMans or those Japanese reviews.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN View Post
I just came back to the US 2 weeks ago and on the airport I saw some magazines with the Vette the 911 and some had the F430 being compared along with the GTR. All of those reviews placed the GTR in first place. I read through them and none mentioned that after testing the GTR on the track they felt it was going to let go. I am not convinced yet that it is a 1-time marvel around tracks. I guess we will have to see when and if they are used in races like LeMans or those Japanese reviews.
They already race them... as RWD V8 light weight cars
Old 08-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #40
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
They already race them... as RWD V8 light weight cars
what was the outcome? Which show/magazine did this?

and lol @ RWD light
Old 08-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #41
Yaroslav WRX
Regular User

Thank you 04RCSTI
Great review.
Hope I'll somehow have a chance to drive one of these
Old 08-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #42
04RCSTI
Regular User

Originally Posted by Yaroslav WRX View Post
Thank you 04RCSTI
Great review.
Hope I'll somehow have a chance to drive one of these
Youre welcome, nice car btw. Hows that meth treating you?
Old 08-15-2008, 05:20 AM   #43
79TA
Regular User

Power:
First impression...the acceleration is mind-blowing, spun all four on cold tires. The way this thing goes fast is kinda weird. It accelerates just as hard in every gear till 4th when we got off it because we were on a public road. Its just seamless, the shifts feel like little blips that just make the car go faster. It has no lag, it almost doesn't feel like a turbo car in any gear and it pulls ridiculously hard from very low RPM's. If it weighs 3800 pounds, then it hides it damn well. Its, dare I say it?, physics defying. The last time I felt acceleration like that was on an Ariel Atom 2, the supercharged one. The speed felt very similar, but while the Ariel felt like free energy was pushing it along, the GT-R felt like there was a giant invisible hand pushing it from behind. Like big big power pushing something with mass.
If you got anywhere near the numbers it runs in the magazines, it's going to feel dang quick. That would make for a fun ride! While I'll stand by the underrated hp theory, remember that this car has an aggressive 3.70:1 gear ratio. There's a reason hot rodders refer to a gear ratio change as "waking a car up." With it comes compromises mostly in that you lose low rpm highway cruising. I find it kind of funny that this sort of compromising "yestertech" found its way into the car that has come to symbolize speed through technowizardry.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #44
Spatizzle
Regular User

I didn't know they made ones with left-hand drive.. (everything on the left side) ... well now i know, lol...
Old 08-16-2008, 08:59 PM   #45
04RCSTI
Regular User

Originally Posted by Spatizzle View Post
I didn't know they made ones with left-hand drive.. (everything on the left side) ... well now i know, lol...
oh is that what left-hand drive means?