Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Japanese Cars

Japanese Cars Japanese car discussion

Old 08-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #16
haro
Regular User

The novelty of tyres/brakes/parts will get old vey quickly for anyone except the wealthy trying to live with car if you ever hope to exploit the potential - i dont think this is very objective because you can say it about all cars not only R35 GT-R.
Tell you what, when I get to drive the R35 I will report back and tell you what it feels like - but that still wont change the reality of what it is and how it achieves it. I will wait for your report
Old 08-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by haro View Post
The novelty of tyres/brakes/parts will get old vey quickly for anyone except the wealthy trying to live with car if you ever hope to exploit the potential -
i dont think this is very objective because you can say it about all cars not only R35 GT-R.
Actually, that is very objective - because the GT-R is relyingon the electro-gizmos to meter out and manage the use of the available mechanical grip for you - so it's important to know and understand this in the context of the available performance.

Unlike many other vehicles that are simply lighter to reduce the stress and strain on the brakes, tyres and suspenion... Like the GT3 as an example - the consumate trackday weapon

Tell you what, when I get to drive the R35 I will report back and tell you what it feels like - but that still wont change the reality of what it is and how it achieves it.
I will wait for your report
And I will report back, objective as ever
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #18
srfairladyz
Regular User

ZZzzz... Zzzz... Next forum.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #19
Woohoo
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624 View Post
Actual manufacturer tread wears are not comparable in any way shape or form. They are not industry standardized. After the road and track article the autocrosser from the article wrote that the tires on the car were of a type he would use to run auto crosses with and going from the optional dulops to the bridgestones moved the gtr from way faster then the Z06 to within a few tenths.
I know that. I was just saying that the treadwear wasn't 80.
Woohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by srfairladyz View Post
ZZzzz... Zzzz... Next forum.
Quite the hater I see..

This is your best effort at participating in a discussion forum? Your loss..

LOL I will be sure to post up my R35 fun and games in a format that you will be sure to ignore...
Old 08-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #21
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Quite the hater I see..

This is your best effort at participating in a discussion forum? Your loss..

LOL I will be sure to post up my R35 fun and games in a format that you will be sure to ignore...
I agree whit you on this one but still love the r35 gtr
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #22
haro
Regular User

Actually, that is very objective - because the GT-R is relyingon the electro-gizmos to meter out and manage the use of the available mechanical grip for you - so it's important to know and understand this in the context of the available performance. (Think about Ferrari )they are doing the same as GT-R, and in the true i just understand that GT-R maybe isnt so fun to drive because electro-gizmos ruins Ferrari, so if something can ruin Ferrari than it can ruin enything
Old 08-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #23
Woohoo
Regular User

Actually, that is very objective - because the GT-R is relyingon the electro-gizmos to meter out and manage the use of the available mechanical grip for you - so it's important to know and understand this in the context of the available performance.
What's wrong with that?
Woohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #24
5vz-fe
Regular User

If computer can't save you.....most likely not, you won't be able to save the car once it goes beyond the limit.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #25
haro
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
If computer can't save you.....most likely not, you won't be able to save the car once it goes beyond the limit.
Sadly it's true
Old 08-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #26
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
No car is idot proof.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #27
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
No car is idot proof.
Everything is relative.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

(Think about Ferrari )they are doing the same as GT-R, and in the true i just understand that GT-R maybe isnt so fun to drive because electro-gizmos ruins Ferrari, so if something can ruin Ferrari than it can ruin enything
Ferrari use the techno gizmos to enhance the available performance, not manage the excess weight.

In the F-Car your tyres and brakes will cook off due to ungodly speeds reached while lapping.. the R35 will cook off the brkaes and tyres because they are being over taxed by the excess weight.

All that kinetic energy has to go somewhere....
Old 08-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #29
04RCSTI
Regular User

All that kinetic energy has to go somewhere....
TEH KERS!!!

But seriously, I didn't want this thread to turn into the same old shit. The car felt extremely solid and stable at speed. What else can I tell you all about it, I wish someone would find some other angle to talk about other than the same thing over and over. I'm sure I'll get a ride in a ZR1 sooner than later... We took a Carrera S (997) out for a spin too. What an amazing daily driver...just perfect.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:09 AM   #30
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI View Post
TEH KERS!!!

But seriously, I didn't want this thread to turn into the same old shit. The car felt extremely solid and stable at speed. What else can I tell you all about it, I wish someone would find some other angle to talk about other than the same thing over and over. I'm sure I'll get a ride in a ZR1 sooner than later... We took a Carrera S (997) out for a spin too. What an amazing daily driver...just perfect.
Only turns into the "same old shit" because some folks can't stand that other people have differing opinions