Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari > Ferrari Pictures and Videos

Old 04-24-2005, 01:22 AM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default Veilside Ferrari 575

Looks really good imo, but the rims are a bit iffy with me.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:48 AM   #2
racer_f50
Regular User

not a fan of the rims especially, but the body kits aren't my style either. it's not so bad in teh back, but the front just ruined the look to me.

also, whats with the weird bumpy red material in the interior?
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:02 AM   #3
Caplax40
Regular User

Badass car! My biggest gripe is that red interior. The color is nice but I don't dig the bumps or whatever that texture is. Rims are a little iffy. If they didn't have that studded effect, they'd look a whole lot better.
Caplax40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:05 AM   #4
SilviaEvo
Regular User

i dont like it that much. why try to perfect perfection?
Old 04-24-2005, 02:27 AM   #5
Fleischmann
Regular User

Not bad...not bad at all. I usually hate it when companys like Koenig play with such cars, they screw up the design My only concern is, as already mentioned, the goosepimples on the interior...WTF ??
Old 04-24-2005, 03:57 AM   #6
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

I like the kit, dont like the rims cause of the gems and I like the interior colour thou as with Fleischmann wats with the bumpy interior look?
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:21 AM   #7
astonmartinandy
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
i dont like it that much. why try to perfect perfection?
I wouldn't really call the 575 anywhere near perfect IMO, but I think this is a fairly disgusting attempt to modify a Ferrari. Pointless "sticky-on" bits and a lurid red ostrich hide interior don't do much for the cause either. As for the the idiot that decided that the Ferrari needed some "bling bling rims, innit" (although I would imagine they said the Japanese equivalent) I think he must have been watching too much Pimp My Ride.

Veilside - stick to building rice rockets and leave Ferrari alone!
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:40 AM   #8
TT
Regular User

Not sure I would do it to my Maranello if I will ever have one, but it's not that bad afterall! I wouldn't mind some nice high-res
Old 04-24-2005, 07:44 AM   #9
komotar
Regular User

I don't like it.

The rims are 2 much!

Body kit screams desperate need for attention.
Isn't a regular maranello enough

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:28 AM   #10
sikx5
Regular User

wow...they really do a great job at fucking that car up! morons!

just look at that interior, all full of bumps,

Nice job there veliside :fist:
Old 04-24-2005, 11:37 AM   #11
Pimp Racer
Regular User

WTF is up with the interior? I dont like it.

*EDIT*

More info!!!

Big V12 up front and rear wheel drive. This has always been the recipe of a true Ferrari. Sure the mid-engined V8 series of cars have proven to be impeccable performers but there is something special about a big Ferrari GT. When the 550 Maranello was unveiled I truly suffered. It was such a special looking car I would have done anything to own one. Living close to one of the UK's biggest Ferrari dealers didn't really help as not one day went by that I did not see the 550 in all its glory out on test drives or sitting in the showroom. It was hell, in a good way. But fast forward a few years and I now find myself in front of Veilside's version of the updated original car, the 575 Maranello.

As with the Bentley Continental GT this Ferrari is part of the new Premium Collection the company recently launched. Mr. Yokomaku, the founder and president of Veilside, got to work on the 575's exterior by creating a subtle kit that would add some Veilside style to the Italian exotic. Using carbon fiber he molded a deeper front splitter into the original front bumper and integrated canards on the sides to generate some front downforce. This, in theory, should help high speed cornering while the rear Venturi diffuser generates more downforce. Some side under spoilers finish off the kit which looks pretty menacing on this black demo car. 19-inch Andrew Premier Series chrome wheels are used for an in your face pimp look, and wear Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tyres...massive 355/25 for the rears!

The titanium exhaust, which costs ¥1.5 million(!), does wonders for the Maranello's V12, which in Ferrari terms does not sound at all special. The aggressive down-changes made by the F1 gearbox are followed by lots of crackling and backfiring which sounds pretty nice out on the road.
The interior has been upholstered in red ostrich leather which doesn't look as horrendous as it sounds, but why anyone would replace the soft Italian leather of the standard car is beyond me. A Pioneer head-unit with flip-out LCD screen takes care of the audio/video install which also includes and HD navigation module.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:27 PM   #12
galaendewagen
Regular User

The "bumpy" interior is ostridge leather if i am not mistaken.
galaendewagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:31 PM   #13
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by galaendewagen
The "bumpy" interior is ostridge leather if i am not mistaken.
Ah I see. The red material in the interior is what I dont like! If it were a different materil it would be awesome!
Old 04-24-2005, 01:20 PM   #14
SFDMALEX
Regular User

So what are the specs?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #15
Vansquish
Regular User

That's fucking disgusting. Who in their right mind would put ostrich-skin on the interior of an already beautifully leather-trimmed car like a 575...not to mention that front valence...terrible...I hate the little winglets...and the wheels...holy...I think I'm gonna puke....

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote