Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-15-2006, 03:09 AM   #46
LotusGT1
Regular User

Well, if you take the dramatic change of Poland from the first game (half-assed weaklings) to the second game (hardworking fighters) Ukraine might have a chance. I was surprised however how little fire they showed.

But that is something I see with more teams. Haven''t seen much good games so far really.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:03 AM   #47
Mattk
Regular User

Brazil only won 1-0, which means Australia is at the top of the group! Ha! Not that it will last, but still.

THE REFFING IN THIS TOURNAMENT IS CRAP!

WTF have they turned football into?

It's like watching some sissy Americans in an NBA game, they scream foul on anything.

Way to many yellow card this tournament, way too many bullshit calls.

THe refs really piss me off. I havent seen one game yet where the reffing was fair.

Bullshit calls all around.
Have you even refereed a sporting match? I referee basketball every week, and I have refereed football as well. Sometimes, you miss things, and sometimes, you call a foul/violation that isn't. You've got to trust your judgment. It's all too easy to criticise people when you're sitting on the sofa, but I've only seen a few blatant mistakes. We have the benefit of slow-motion replays on the TV. Refs don't. It's hard to make correct split-second decisions when many situations are touch-and-go.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:05 PM   #48
davide
Regular User

SWEEEEEDEEEEEEEN ! ! !

Finally!!!

Oh what a relief.... !!!

1-0 vs Paraguay, YES!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:08 PM   #49
Everlasting
Regular User

this Group B sux !
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #50
PiTTbuLL003
Regular User

Originally Posted by davide
SWEEEEEDEEEEEEEN ! ! !

Finally!!!

Oh what a relief.... !!!

1-0 vs Paraguay, YES!
indeed finally they score 2 whole matches I waited for this very moment
PiTTbuLL003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #51
gucom
Regular User

T&T lost to england...holland had better win tomorrow, ivory coast im sure can be beaten... i dont see Racing for Holland making us dutchies very very happy at le mans tbh...
Old 06-15-2006, 08:41 PM   #52
antonioledesma
Regular User

today's matches weren't a surprise. IMO England looks a bit weak team even when they have great players.

but now, for tomorrow, mexico's second match versus angola. freakin' african teams, they always are complicated to a team like mexico
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:19 PM   #53
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
Have you even refereed a sporting match? I referee basketball every week, and I have refereed football as well. Sometimes, you miss things, and sometimes, you call a foul/violation that isn't. You've got to trust your judgment. It's all too easy to criticise people when you're sitting on the sofa, but I've only seen a few blatant mistakes. We have the benefit of slow-motion replays on the TV. Refs don't. It's hard to make correct split-second decisions when many situations are touch-and-go.
I have refereed basketball and football.

The reffing this tournmant is fucking shit. Period.

I dont give a shit that refs dont get a TV. It's not supposed to be an easy job.

I watched many tournaments, from anything EUFA to domestic leagues.

I never seen reffing this pathetic.

When they average something like 5 yellow cards a game something is wrong.

I've seen yellow cards on tackels where the challenger had clearly taken posetion of the ball on a side tackel and still got a card.

I've seen red cards for theatrics (watch Spain Ukraine).

Reffing is bullshit.....they are turning this game into hell knows what.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:01 AM   #54
Mattk
Regular User

Yeah, the yellow cards count is a bit high, but it might just be something from a FIFA meeting where they decreed that everything should be a foul. Most of the fouls and cards I've seen were fair enough. In every competition there are a few dodgy decisions, but the vast majority of decisions are correct.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #55
antonioledesma
Regular User

so the referees are doing only crap... just say portugal-iran and there were a lot of kicks and fouls without a yellow card. Just remember the mark that an iran player left on Figo's face

a game that was expected that way, with not too many goal oppotunities. Iran had the plan to obtain a draw from this game and expected to win against Angola.
Now Angola still has the chance to qualify if they win that game and Mexico looses against Portugal

in some more minutes the match of Ghana vs Czech Rep. This last team will win, but it won't be an easy game.

and later on, USA vs Italy and my clear favorite ....FORZA ITALIA!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #56
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Yeah, the yellow cards count is a bit high, but it might just be something from a FIFA meeting where they decreed that everything should be a foul. Most of the fouls and cards I've seen were fair enough. In every competition there are a few dodgy decisions, but the vast majority of decisions are correct.
Thats what I think. FIFA must have set some new rules because it just cant be that bad with normal rules.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:30 PM   #57
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Thats what I think. FIFA must have set some new rules because it just cant be that bad with normal rules.
and it seems that penalties aren't allowed if a defender stops a ball with the hand
Old 06-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #58
antonioledesma
Regular User

now to wait for better games and refereeing. Right now the argentinian referee is one of the best in america

still ghana is the best of the two in czech-ghana... I don't see how the cezch will win the game

LOL... come on ronin, portugal isn't the best team out there
Old 06-17-2006, 02:01 PM   #59
Fleischmann
Regular User

Ghana finally won 2:0, but judging by how they played the goal diffrence should have been a few goals higher. The Czech players were not even close to the team that played against USA. A very dissapointing performance fromthem and with Italy to play in the third game, qualifying can be tough.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #60
LotusGT1
Regular User

Portugal will face either Argentina or the Netherlands the next round. Either way they're fucked 8)