Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 03-11-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
1zippo1
Regular User

Default Autocar - Porsche Boxster 2.7 2005

1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
jamberl
Regular User

Thanks for the scans.

I didnt realise that the standard boxster was sooo slow. Oh well, at least it has good handling. I wonder if it will sell as well as the old one now it has competition from the Z4 and new SLK?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:06 PM   #3
jorge
Regular User

Thanks
Old 03-17-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
jamberl
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
Originally Posted by jamberl
Thanks for the scans.

I didnt realise that the standard boxster was sooo slow. Oh well, at least it has good handling. I wonder if it will sell as well as the old one now it has competition from the Z4 and new SLK?

as much as i dont like the boxster, the z4 is no competition for it
I certainly agree with you from a technical point of view, but I think lots of people buy these cars based on looks and the 'cool' factor. I reckon the Z4 is butt ugly, but I reckon some people will buy it for its 'look at me' value.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #5
SafirXP
Regular User

thanx for the scans dude!

i'm slowly beginning to like this car becuz of its practicality & for its bang for the buck value!
SafirXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by SafirXP
thanx for the scans dude!

i'm slowly beginning to like this car becuz of its practicality & for its bang for the buck value!
Bang for the buck value :shock: IMO a boxster is very very expensive. It's priced well above all of the rest in it's class. A bang for the buck value-car is the 350Z for instance.

I just saw a black boxster 2.7 yesterday and I must say I'm in love. The old boxster never had my support for it's design, but this one is much much much better! It's how the boxster allways should have looked. And the new exaust is also much louder & cooler!
Old 03-19-2005, 08:53 AM   #7
Regular User

how can u compare a Porsche to a Nissan
Old 03-19-2005, 05:44 PM   #8
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by 23790554
how can u compare a Porsche to a Nissan
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on that subject!

For instance, today we had a testdrive in a Skoda Superb. My dad will probably never buy that car because it's a Skoda and I regret that.

No, it hasen't got the seats or the ride comfort of a Volvo S80 or the sportyness of a 525d, no it doesn't have a smoot lineair engine like the E220CDI but apart from that it has little to give into any car in the sector. The backseat space is comparable to a BMW 7 or Merc S. The interior finish en detailing in the luxery edition is excellent. And last but not least, the price is some 20000euro less then a Audi A6 2.0TDi with the same options. That's a lot of money... For that money I could buy myself a nice Seat Ibiza Cupra.

Now back to the subject of "350Z vs Boxster" or "Porsche vs Nissan" like you call it... Those brands can't be compared that's right, but those 2 cars can. The Nissan might lack the refinement of the Boxster but beats in other categories... The 2.7boxer engine is no match for the 350Z's 3.5 V6.

Just wanted to tell you how I think of it... I know many will disagree with me, but that's my oppinion.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:09 PM   #9
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I love the looks of the Boxster. It looks like a miniature CGT. 8)
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote