Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
Darkel
Regular User

Default Bought a 350D *11/12 : 70-200 F4L IS*

After many months saving money and thinking about buying an SLR, I finally did it

Bought almost everything in germany, less expensive than here (70-300 costed €630 and the kit €800 )

Yup, you'll say I buy a camera every year but this time I was fed up with compromises, my V3 was quite a good one, but its lack of zoom and the huge grain starting at ISO200 became really boring :roll:

So I went for the 350D (popular, good quality/price ratio and smaller) with the 18-55 kit (I know it's "crap" but I can't afford a better short range lens for the moment :bah and the beast, the Canon 70-300 f4-5.6 IS USM which many of you know quite well because TT also owns one

The BG-E3 batt grip and 2 more batteries are already ordered, I should get them during the next 2 weeks (fingers crossed, I need to have them for Geneva)
I also went for a Sandisk Extreme III 1GB memory card (I kept the old Sandisk CF 512MB).

One thing I won't have to buy is a tripod, my current one luckily still works great with the 350D+70-300.

Can't wait for to test that config during the next automotive event
Meanwhile I need to practice a bit and to get used to new functions

Last edited by Darkel; 12-11-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Darkel is offline   Reply With Quote