Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 12-20-2005, 04:57 AM   #31
numerouno
Regular User

vast power advantage over competitors but overweight; so i'd say a 1,17ish figure at its best.
would be waiting for spring!
numerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:11 AM   #32
Kiran
Regular User

1 min 20,8
it's just too heavy
Kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:46 AM   #33
Evil-ution
Regular User

common guys weight has nothing to do with its time!! plus the car doens't weigh over 2 tonns it weighs 1,890 kg. if u think about it somtimes weight is an advanteg for the car i bit if the veyron weighed 1100 kg or somthing like that u would see the rear spoiler @ the end of it 5 times bigger, and the nose of the car will be twice as wider!!!

look @ the bright side! the bugatti lacks NOTHING simply NOTHING! its exellent in braking i always thought that there will never be somthing that brakes better then the Zonda F but now this thing brakes from 250mph to 0 in 10 seconds only! while it takes the CGT 15 seconds to brake from 200mph!! so its perfect when it comes to braking!

when it comes to acceleration oh boy don't even mention the 2 words Zonda or Enzo, so its perfect in acceleration too!

we all know that jeremy adores the lotus elise, and we know its one of the best if not the best handling car in the world, and jeremy in the episode said that the bugattis handling is similar to the lotus elise (am sure he is exaturating but he means it handles very well). stabiilty? the car is soo stable even the CEO of bugatti said they could make it reach higher speeds but they didn't want to.

so whats wrong about the car? nothing! its fast, brakes very well, handles very well, the car is stable.. so i say it will difintly be the fastest car on topgear. u can see the straight line with a curve to the left then the right (not tough 1s tho) the bugatti will give all wat it have in that peice of straight road..

jeremy even said that the bugatti will beat a mclaren F1 in acceleration if the F1 passed the start line with a speed of 120mph the bugatti will beat it to 200! thats so savage!

am not saying it will be that fast am guessing a 15, but i think it will be really really fast and it will record a time that no1 thought of..
its my opinion @ the end who knows wat will happen..
Evil-ution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:40 PM   #34
5vz-fe
Regular User

I don't think it will out brake a CGT if the speed is below 100mph. @ high speed, aerodynamic drag plays a huge role, this is where the huge wing and all the aero parts of the veyron excels, but when it comes to mechanical braking.....you can not cheat physics, the lighter weight car has less energy to disipate thus should stop faster.

The Veyron lap the NS in 7:40....that shows penalties in the corners when compared to a CGT / Zonda F.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:31 AM   #35
minan
Regular User

in the top gear magazine, there was an article of gordon murray, the creator of the mclaren f1, he drove the veyron and said the car was surprisely very good in cornering at a track, the steering was heavy but he could throw the car into corners at high speed without losing grip and control. he reckoned the car was more suitable for a track than for the normal roads, so maybe the veyron could be faster than the zonda, much faster
minan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #36
graywolf624
Regular User

^^Quite Ironic when you go back and read some of Clarksons past articles.. He use to bash the Corvettes to no end because they had grip but didnt cope well with real world roads.... (Yes I just got done reading his Im not consistant article in the january issue)