Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Dodge RAM SRT-10
subzero 18 18.18%
cool 33 33.33%
uncool 19 19.19%
seriously uncool 29 29.29%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #31
nthfinity
Regular User

Usage of the term "Redneck" generally differs from Hick and Hillbilly, because Rednecks reject or resist assimilation into the dominant culture, while Hicks and Hillbillies theoretically are isolated from the dominant culture. In this way, the Redneck is similar to the word Cracker.
redneck is nothing like cracker...

oh, and take a look at this definition... by definition, rednecks wouldn't even know the SRT-10 ram existed

the personal assumption is based on nothing real. well-off people often have SRT 10 trucks to go fast, while also doing thier hauling chores. Magwheel either has one, or had one.... is he a redneck? far from it.... perhaps an ex hippie
Old 06-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Everlasting
Originally Posted by RC45
uncool - too "american"
Ok - exactly how esle would you think an "American" (what ever that it???) vehicle should be??
i'm not saying it's a bad thing just saying that i can't imagine this thing on the streets of any other country but the states

the ultimate redneck vehicle

no offence!
are you aware what a "redneck" is?

And you do realize that people pay HUGE amounts of money - more than Ferrari/Lanborghini money to import the Ram SRT-10 into Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany etc etc

And again - please - for our greater eductaion explain what a "redneck" is - and then how the $50,000 RAM SRT-10 is in any way "redneck"?
well it's a tuck

Redneck :arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

again i didn't mean to offend anyone i was just saying why in my opinion i think this vehicle is uncool

it's a truck with a viper engine wich is as american as it gets not saying that this in any way a bad thing just that this combo can only work in the states
No ones offended - but again - exactly what about a $50,000 Viper engined pickup truck is "redneck"??

n modern usage, the term redneck predominantly refers to a particular stereotype of individuals living in Appalachia, the Southern United States, the Ozarks, and later the Rocky Mountain States. The word can be used either as a pejorative or as a matter of pride, depending on context.

Usage of the term "Redneck" generally differs from Hick and Hillbilly, because Rednecks reject or resist assimilation into the dominant culture, while Hicks and Hillbillies theoretically are isolated from the dominant culture. In this way, the Redneck is similar to the word Cracker.
I looked all through this definition from Wikibullshitapedia and could find nothing about it...

And again - many folks in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany etc etc pay a LOT of money to import them

I guess what you mean is this car is so cool, people pay EXTRA money to get them into foreign countries

How is that redneck?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #33
Everlasting
Regular User

uncool - too "american"
Ok - exactly how esle would you think an "American" (what ever that it???) vehicle should be??
i'm not saying it's a bad thing just saying that i can't imagine this thing on the streets of any other country but the states

the ultimate redneck vehicle

no offence!
are you aware what a "redneck" is?

And you do realize that people pay HUGE amounts of money - more than Ferrari/Lanborghini money to import the Ram SRT-10 into Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany etc etc

And again - please - for our greater eductaion explain what a "redneck" is - and then how the $50,000 RAM SRT-10 is in any way "redneck"?
well it's a tuck

Redneck :arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

again i didn't mean to offend anyone i was just saying why in my opinion i think this vehicle is uncool

it's a truck with a viper engine wich is as american as it gets not saying that this in any way a bad thing just that this combo can only work in the states
No ones offended - but again - exactly what about a $50,000 Viper engined pickup truck is "redneck"??

n modern usage, the term redneck predominantly refers to a particular stereotype of individuals living in Appalachia, the Southern United States, the Ozarks, and later the Rocky Mountain States. The word can be used either as a pejorative or as a matter of pride, depending on context.

I looked all through this definition from Wikibullshitapedia and could find nothing about it...

And again - many folks in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany etc etc pay a LOT of money to import them

I guess what you mean is this car is so cool, people pay EXTRA money to get them into foreign countries

How is that redneck?
i was thinking that since rednecks mostly drive trucks and this being the ultimate truck thus every redneck's wet dream (one of few not involving the redneck's sister)

the RAM could be considered the ultimate redneck drive!
maybe it's not a perfect logic

and i guess ur right being ordered by europeans probably makes this car cool
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:10 PM   #34
RC45
Regular User

^^^ there ya go
Change this mans vote to a cool please...

Admin - yoohoo - vote change here - vote change here
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #35
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^
naw, its still uncool to me

oh, and in my experience, rednecks drive 12-20 yr. old trucks, or cars... not limited to one, or the other... whatever starts while rusting away in the front yard :p
Old 06-03-2006, 03:06 AM   #36
DeMoN
Regular User

redneck dream, not redneck affordable ok? now STFU.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:09 AM   #37
gangajas
Regular User

Subzero-Lovely beast
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:09 AM   #38
DeMoN
Regular User

Tell you dad I am jealous of his car
Ill tell my dad your jelous of MY car because its after MY name and I drive it.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:16 AM   #39
taygunho
Regular User

Dodge Ram is seriously uncool but SRT-10 is uncool car.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:33 AM   #40
webby
Regular User

-----

Last edited by webby; 09-09-2010 at 03:53 PM.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:33 AM   #41
Mattk
Regular User

Looks like something out of MTVs Pimp My Ride. Seriously uncool.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:38 AM   #42
nickthaskater

Uncool. I never really liked it, especially in the styling department. I'd rather get an HSV Maloo R8 if I had an option.

Now that's bloody cool IMO.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:58 AM   #43
Mattk
Regular User

I'd rather get an HSV Maloo R8 if I had an option.
I think most people would.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:56 PM   #44
MH2Lmaker
Regular User

A very special truck.
MH2Lmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:15 PM   #45
Fleischmann
Regular User

it looks likes an overgrown infant picking it's nose and shouting "DUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH". Totally stupid and pointless car, this car is the benchamrk that defines "seriously uncool".