Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Hummer H1
subzero 44 28.03%
cool 40 25.48%
uncool 10 6.37%
seriously uncool 63 40.13%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2006, 01:15 AM   #16
sameerrao
Regular User

Fantastic car .. unfortunately bought by the wrong people for the wrong reasons. Should last forever with its simple mechanicals - like an old school Land Rover on steroids

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:18 AM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Fantastic car .. unfortunately bought by the wrong people for the wrong reasons. Should last forever with its simple mechanicals - like an old school Land Rover on steroids
i dont know about texas... but here in michigan, people with H1's tend to have tons of scratches, mud, and dents... well, texas is mostly flat, right?
Old 02-05-2006, 01:25 AM   #18
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by sameerrao
i dont know about texas... but here in michigan, people with H1's tend to have tons of scratches, mud, and dents... well, texas is mostly flat, right?
I was thinking more of CA (particularly LA) than TX. Here it is the H2 that dominates - mostly driven by the real estate agents taking their prospective clients around getting 9mpg :roll:

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:48 AM   #19
AlienDB7
Regular User

The H2 and H3 are uncool cause posers drive them (they're everywhere now).

The H1 on the other hand is the original (beside the military ones). And who can forget the scene from The Rock?

The Hummer H1 is unstoppable... 100% subzero!!
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:46 AM   #20
Evo
Regular User

It's performance is stunning.. I only imagine it in black with fog lights or what ever you call them on top of the car..
Old 02-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #21
Emericaskate
Regular User

I really dislike them, just because they are the most impratcical thing on the road, well at least in northern ireland
Old 02-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #22
gucom
Regular User

it got a cool from me (just) cos its a real tough car with proper credentials, whereas the H2 and H3 are just cars for ppl with BAD, BAAAAD taste...
downside of this car for me is the bully factor is has, you can do anything and get away with it, just cos other ppl are intimidated by it...not cool IMO
Old 02-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #23
gtx28
Regular User

You know how the military hummers have a hardtop slant back, i have a vid somewhere of a civilian turbo diesel version in all gloss black its so awesome looking, subzero in my book!!

here kinda like this now tell me thats not cool!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #24
chest3r
Regular User

Subzero!! I just love it!!

It's a great offroader, big as hell, and scary !!!
Old 02-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #25
irrational_i
Regular User

Not my cup of tea, but something this insane has to be cool
irrational_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:52 AM   #26
ae86_16v
Regular User

Was seriously consider giving it a "Sub-Zero" because of it's offroad performance, but had to settle for a "Cool" because of it's onroad performance.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:17 AM   #27
Mattk
Regular User

Subzero! Few cars can claim to be cooler than this beast.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:49 AM   #28
Viper5703
Regular User

Subzero! without a doubt the best offroading vehicle ever built. What other SUV can climb a 45 degree hill?? NONE! Underwater? none (at least not without serious modifications to the body work and undercarriage.) yeah, economy sucls, but who cares? You can run over redwood trees in this thing. (note sarcasm..)
Old 07-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #29
dropot2
Regular User

I've never liked this..."thing". However, I have to admit that it has something special, and that is why I've voted "cool"

Originally Posted by bmuller
This monster of a car was built strictly for off-roading and rough terrain, and in that sense, it is lightyears ahead of everything else.
Partially disagree. Maybe it's better than everything else in an open area such as a desert, but I'm sure that many conventional off-road cars will beat it in a deep forest, simply because it wouldn't fit in it.
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:07 PM   #30
Shinigami
Regular User

I have no reason to drive off road, so this car doesn't really appeal to me. Not to mention over here, we have hardly any places which would "need" a car like this (nevermind it wouldn't really be legal to drive "off road" in most sections in the mountains).

Not that cool in my opinion, as I'm not really the type of person who wants to intimidate other drivers (seems like this is the primary reason most people buy the car).

Uncool, sorry

And some people seem to forget that there are off road cars which are even better then the Hummer. I believe the Unimog is one of them, and used by firefighters in some countries to crawl around forests and other difficult terrain.