Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Porsche CGT
subzero 169 68.15%
cool 55 22.18%
uncool 17 6.85%
seriously uncool 7 2.82%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2005, 03:24 PM   #31
TT
Regular User

Indeed I was wondering the same.. the CGT compared to other present supercars is dead "simple"
Old 11-24-2005, 03:40 PM   #32
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

man this is a hard one, I really can´t decide between cool and subzero. I love this car and I would probably take it over an Enzo, the sound is to die for, and it looks amazing...not to mention the handling, it`s the perfect allarounder. But, there is something that makes it stay in the ¨cool¨ section, don´t ask me what!

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 02:40 AM   #33
Xploded
Regular User

For some reason I have always loved the look of this car, the design is just amazing in my point of view and if I had the money for a supercar im pritty sure this would be one id pick outa the bunch just love the look of it he he .... very cool car
Xploded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 02:36 PM   #34
5.7 V10
Regular User

Subzero:

The Carrera GT gives me the same impact as a 993 Turbo; such agression; such quality and a no BS design.

I'd easily say it's the most awesome Porsche ever built; with exotic styling; a race inspired V10 and supreme performance what's not to like?!

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 02:43 PM   #35
bmagni
Regular User

Astonishing car, i just think it could be better soooo... uncool
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:28 AM   #36
raphaelws

subzero..
amazing machine..
amazing sound... 8)

Powered by DSC-H9
raphaelws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:31 AM   #37
topgeartom
Regular User

None of you people get it do you!!!

Yes its an amzing engine
Yes it makes an amazing sound
Yes it doesnt look half bad

But its just NOT cool!!!!

Your going to look like an arrogant twat in a fancy 911.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:25 AM   #38
LotusGT1
Regular User

People don't have a fair grasp of coolness around here. The faster and more expensive the car get, the more cool it will become. Look at the wall, it's ridiculous...
Old 12-14-2005, 05:22 AM   #39
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
People don't have a fair grasp of coolness around here. The faster and more expensive the car get, the more cool it will become. Look at the wall, it's ridiculous...
look at this car... everything about it is the absolute perfect example of what Porsche can do with a road car (well almost )

the cost is virtually inconsequential to what makes this car sub-zero... it is what this car does... the aural pleasures... visual, feel, and sound...

the GT3RS, and M3 CSL are there IMO because they are the absolutes... it is that immaculate and inpregnable vision that makes it sooo perfect in my eyes.

i dont just vote subzero for things that are more expensive... hell, to me the mclaren F1 is seriously uncool for many reasons... the Zonda F is uncool to me... the Diablo... that one is close to me.. SZ one day, and cool the next

i cannot speak for others (obviously, i disagree with soo many lol ) but callling the CGT anything but SZ seems inconcievable)
Old 12-14-2005, 07:57 AM   #40
LotusGT1
Regular User

Oh, I wasn't specifically talking baout the situation. But when nearly 1800 kg automatic "sports"cars are considered cool, a BMW 7 series is cool, a Civic is getting subzero votes. you know something is wrong

The choice for "coolness" here is totally different as at Top Gear. Not per se a bad thing, but results are very predictable this way.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:40 AM   #41
so_innocent
Regular User

uncool for me
this car would never have happened if porsche didn't pull out of the le mans program to pour their time and money into the cayenne. this is just a money making exercise, so not enough passion
so_innocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #42
Shinigami
Regular User

Although I'm not a huge fan of Porsches, this is one Porsche that does make me turn my head when I see it driving down the street (or hear it, especially in a tunnel, where it makes a VERY loud noise).

The shark-like front area, the perforated engine cover, etc make it special. The only niggles I have about it is the rear wing which frankly looks a bit naff when all it does is go up and down (the SLR and Veyron have a more complex and elaborate looking setup), and the wooden shifter which looks out of place (but can be replaced). But hey, it's a very powerful supercar with a manual shifter! Most cars of this type come with paddle shifters or an auto, so that's good.

I don't really see why it can't be subzero as it is an exclusive supercar, and being a Porsche, is loved by many. So yeah, it's subzero for me, even tho' I hate to admit it
Old 01-13-2006, 03:55 AM   #43
pzgren
Regular User

as a big porsche fan this is subzero, it's the best porsche in the model range right now and i guess it will stay there for a while. the whole package is great, everything fits. hope i'll have the chance one day to join a ride in it.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:14 AM   #44
Honda_PoD
Regular User

Sub lub one of the few modern supercars that can get me hot under the collar.
Honda_PoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:43 AM   #45
icon
Regular User

best supercar bang for the buck! :shock:
icon is offline   Reply With Quote