Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Ferrari Enzo
subzero 114 56.16%
cool 45 22.17%
seriously uncool 22 10.84%
uncool 22 10.84%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2006, 12:52 AM   #31
5.7 V10
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by 5.7 V10
a little to race inspired for me, i'd prefer a little more leather.

Uncool
if i read this before reading your view of the F40... i would be confused...

and well... reading your view of the f40, and now this... im still confused...
You do raise a good point and you've got me red handed with a slanted opinion. All i can say is it doesn't bother me on the F40; it seems 'right', however that's one reason why i wouldn't want one (as much as i love it).

It doesn't work on the Enzo IMO, considering the Enzo is 10 years newer i would have expected a more luxury orinated cockpit. Especially when compared to it's competetion such as the Zonda and the Carrera GT. Whatever though; Ferrari did want a driver focused car and they've succeed. All i can say is: it's not suited to my taste, i want a little more luxury blended into my racecar.

Don't get me wrong though; i won't argue the fact that the Enzo is a superb drivers car.

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:42 AM   #32
yg60m
Regular User

I had some difficulties to really appreciate its design but now I love it Subzero !!
Old 03-04-2006, 09:34 PM   #33
mario_lobinho
Regular User

Uncool for me. Why? Simple. What kind of people drive this car? Cool people? or a bunch of very but realy very rich person that i bet they can't drive. Those people have this car because of the status and not for passion. On the other hand ... thos who buy a F40 ... that is another thing. Those who buy a F40 doesn't care about the luxury because the F40 doesn't have any. They buy it because it is a sport car that was made with the simple objective to the driver have a big smile on their faces when they press to the metal and hear the sound of the engine and forget that their car doesn't even have radio or carpets You probably wath top gear and saw the owner of the enzo that they show. Please! Do you really want to like him? I don't mind to have his money but to be like him?!!!! Bahhhh! And for what he wants the car? I bet that Jeremy was 3 times faster thant the owner ever was! And with the money that that car cost i can buy a lot of cars and go for a track and destroy some tyres and get a big smile on my face The best things in life are simple. A nice car, a good women, some money on the pocket and good health are the best things that a man can have.
mario_lobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #34
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by mario_lobinho
Uncool for me. Why? Simple. What kind of people drive this car? Cool people? or a bunch of very but realy very rich person that i bet they can't drive.
do you know any owner ?? or where do you get this info from ?

Those people have this car because of the status and not for passion. On the other hand ... thos who buy a F40 ... that is another thing. Those who buy a F40 doesn't care about the luxury because the F40 doesn't have any. They buy it because it is a sport car that was made with the simple objective to the driver have a big smile on their faces when they press to the metal and hear the sound of the engine and forget that their car doesn't even have radio or carpets
does the enzo have a radio ?? does it have any luxury detail besides the leather ??

You probably wath top gear and saw the owner of the enzo that they show. Please! Do you really want to like him? I don't mind to have his money but to be like him?!!!! Bahhhh! And for what he wants the car? I bet that Jeremy was 3 times faster thant the owner ever was! And with the money that that car cost i can buy a lot of cars and go for a track and destroy some tyres and get a big smile on my face The best things in life are simple. A nice car, a good women, some money on the pocket and good health are the best things that a man can have.
there will always be posers and drivers... no matter if its an F40, an Enzo, or a BMW...

so in the end you think its uncool because the people who buy it and you cant afford one...not because what the car is... :good:
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 04:17 AM   #35
r2r
Regular User

EDIT

Subzero!

...and I don't care who drives it either!

Last edited by r2r; 03-08-2008 at 02:57 AM.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:21 AM   #36
man430gt
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Still it is pretty ugly compared to the other Ferrari hypercars.
I would agree, the F40 was a dream car to anyone really when it was released, but i guess now theres alot moe compition then there was back there, BUT i do think it is an improvement to the F50 thats why i'd give it sub-zero...
man430gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #37
pzgren
Regular User

subzero for me!

a pure driving machine with enormous performance and great technic! in black it looks like a road stealth fighter
Old 03-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #38
mario_lobinho
Regular User

Sure! I saw the one that top gear tested. I saw pictures of of some owneres on a Ferrari meeting. And honestly .. i only wanted their money. Nothing more- And with that money i could buy for example a impreza or a evo and go for a track and burn some tyres and it will be a lot more fum than drive slowly on the city for every one to see my car and go to some "partys". Bahhhh! Cars are to have fun.

Originally Posted by bmagni
Uncool for me. Why? Simple. What kind of people drive this car? Cool people? or a bunch of very but realy very rich person that i bet they can't drive.
do you know any owner ?? or where do you get this info from ?

Those people have this car because of the status and not for passion. On the other hand ... thos who buy a F40 ... that is another thing. Those who buy a F40 doesn't care about the luxury because the F40 doesn't have any. They buy it because it is a sport car that was made with the simple objective to the driver have a big smile on their faces when they press to the metal and hear the sound of the engine and forget that their car doesn't even have radio or carpets
does the enzo have a radio ?? does it have any luxury detail besides the leather ??

You probably wath top gear and saw the owner of the enzo that they show. Please! Do you really want to like him? I don't mind to have his money but to be like him?!!!! Bahhhh! And for what he wants the car? I bet that Jeremy was 3 times faster thant the owner ever was! And with the money that that car cost i can buy a lot of cars and go for a track and destroy some tyres and get a big smile on my face The best things in life are simple. A nice car, a good women, some money on the pocket and good health are the best things that a man can have.
there will always be posers and drivers... no matter if its an F40, an Enzo, or a BMW...

so in the end you think its uncool because the people who buy it and you cant afford one...not because what the car is... :good:
Old 03-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #39
mario_lobinho
Regular User

No! This days my dream car is the new Audi RS4. Power and excelence. And all this in a very discret but beautifull look.
And also ... why so many people love ferrari? Weel .. they are good looking yes. Powerfull yes. Expensive .. very expensive ... but .... why? I drive a Astra 1.4 and i happy with that because it maes what i want him to do. It is fast for the city, good handling, 8 l/100 km driving well and not expensive maintence. And it is a car that i can use to go shoping or a to go any place without be bother! I can do it with a ferrari? No! So .. why a want a ferrari? I don't. If someone gave me a ferrari i seel it and i buy a rs4 because it can do all that my astra can do .. not all .. those 8l/100km it would be impossible .. but it is stiil good for shoping and to go out at night and i bet i could make best figure in a track day with a rs4 than a ferrari ( i say this because the movies that i usually dowload and some thanks to jabba's forum)
So .. long live the good cars that we can really use
(note: for example i like the carrera gt but ... if some one gave me a porche .. i prefer the 911)
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
You probably wath top gear and saw the owner of the enzo that they show. Please! Do you really want to like him? I don't mind to have his money but to be like him?!!!! Bahhhh! And for what he wants the car? I bet that Jeremy was 3 times faster thant the owner ever was!
That guy was Nick Mason... one of the most important Ferrari collectors and most pasionate car enthusiast all over the world - with a stable full of the most desired cars, from the Ferrari 250 GTO from 1962 to the McLaren F1. Dude... just - why don't you like him?? 'cause he has an Enzo and you... don't?? :roll:
Old 03-11-2006, 02:35 AM   #40
Mattk
Regular User

Awkward-looking design, but it still looks great. Almost sub-zero, but not quite.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:02 AM   #41
dingo
Regular User

mario_lobinho I think this is the wrong site for you if thats how you look at cars....
Old 03-11-2006, 05:37 AM   #42
saadie
Regular User

ok so .. if the F40 had carpets and radio and leather etc etc ... it would be just as much of a piece of shit as you say the enzo is ... lol ..
dude ...
you know waht .... read this really carefully \/
Old 03-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #43
saadie
Regular User

^^
Old 01-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #44
maistro crx
Regular User

why sub zero

my best friends named his son enzo
thats why!!
maistro crx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:03 AM   #45
luvozcar
Regular User

Default all new feraris are seriously not cool!

only mid life crisis balding fat men buy new feraris, and they do it because they think they're being cool...its like seeing your parents dancing to a new song...that song from that moment on is uncool because old people think its cool.
But old supercars (30+ years) are cool because people who actually know cars buy them.
wow that was a long paragraph lol
luvozcar is offline   Reply With Quote