Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Ferrari F50
subzero 97 53.89%
cool 50 27.78%
uncool 25 13.89%
seriously uncool 8 4.44%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2005, 05:11 PM   #31
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

I agree....since IMO it isnt as refined or pure as the 288 GTO, the F40 or the Enzo.....i voted as cool; however, i was expecting to see the car like the three models mentioned already; on the other hand i was expecting that the car was going to be as effective and fast as the Mclaren, but it didnt happen.....thats why my vote for the car was just cool

BTW Alien, it seems that we have opposite tastes since i prefer the turbo or the compressor engines rather than the aspirated ones....of course i like the aspirated engines, especially with the VTEC and the M badges in them
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:37 AM   #32
crayzayjay
Regular User

Uncool for me. I've only ever seen one and it was being driven by a fat man with a fake tan.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 05:37 AM   #33
so_innocent
Regular User

Cool, it's a very good supercar with racing derived technology. shame about the look tho
so_innocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:51 PM   #34
irrational_i
Regular User

Its cool. The F40 is Sub-zero and this is not quite up there.
irrational_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:47 PM   #35
pzgren
Regular User

it's a cool one because of the look and the first ferrari equipped with a lot of F1 knowhow... great car!
Old 02-04-2006, 10:03 PM   #36
Des G
Regular User

Subzero

Great car! True supercar imo
Old 02-05-2006, 12:18 AM   #37
5.7 V10
Regular User

Never was a fan styling wise, but that amazing engine keeps it up at cool.

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:31 PM   #38
bski
Regular User

Yes it wails and looks far better than the Enzo, but there's a reason the owners of these cars don't drive them: they're impossible. Brittle and twitchy, these cars were made for glass-smooth racetracks, not the real world. Still a sweet ride though.
bski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #39
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by bski
Yes it wails and looks far better than the Enzo, but there's a reason the owners of these cars don't drive them: they're impossible. Brittle and twitchy, these cars were made for glass-smooth racetracks, not the real world. Still a sweet ride though.
actually theres an owner in this site who says its easy to drive, if im not wrong
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #40
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
actually theres an owner in this site who says its easy to drive, if im not wrong
speaking of which, where is budagboy???
Old 02-28-2006, 11:59 PM   #41
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
doesn't he have both... maybe he can say what one is better
Old 03-01-2006, 12:37 AM   #42
nthfinity
Regular User

Toronto... i think he said he preferred the F50, as its more fun to actually drive? where the enzo is just brutal in accelleartion... it wasn't as rewarding.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:54 AM   #43
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Toronto... i think he said he preferred the F50, as its more fun to actually drive? where the enzo is just brutal in accelleartion... it wasn't as rewarding.
something between the lines...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:51 AM   #44
irrational_i
Regular User

hmmm. I know someone who owned an F40 and F50 (He had to sell them together in a deal).My friend with the 275 (my avatar) has driven them back to back on a local freeway. They wanted to see what the differences where.

Basically what he said was that it was amazing how easy the F50 is to drive. Very little drama, even all the way up to 275kph or so. He said the only thing was you had to get used to the vibration and even the noise. This is because of the F1 way of bolting everything directly onto the chassis.
By contrast the F40 is a beast. He says very twitchy and nervous, but he also said both of them would choose the F40 over the F50 (They are/where both racing drivers). This is because you do not want this kind of supercar as a daily driver. You want a seriously fast car when you want it. So the relative ease of the F50 is a bit of a waste.
In their impromptu race (High altitude, so the F40 had an advantage with turbos) the F40 has the faster acceleration. The F50 only started inching closer at around 260kph, but not rapidly in any way.

About 6 months ago my friend was driven around Kyalami in an Enzo. He said the most impressive where the brakes, pointing out how they would accelerate past a 360CS while it was already braking for the corner. According to the owner the car is really easy to drive, seemingly shrugging of its weight and size. It has so much power that the acceleration truly awesome(My friend also mentioned this). But he also said you can't deny its size. Its a big car.

And lastly my friend used to own a 288GTO back in 1988 before selling it in the price boom. And he recons the GTO is what you want if you want a supercar on the road. Easy to live with and seriously fast in its own right((He saw 300kph on the clock). The F40 for something special that you can race if you want to.

All in all the F50 seems to be the one left behind.Not as spectacular as the F40 and not as technologically impressive as the Enzo.
The former F40/F50 owner is now trying to buy back his F40.
irrational_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #45
webby
Regular User

-----

Last edited by webby; 09-09-2010 at 03:58 PM.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote