Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 09-29-2005, 10:36 PM   #106
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by e46drew
Originally Posted by nthfinity
what i find amazing is how much i appreciate the new Z even more then the C5 Z really, the only part of the car im still reserved stylistically is the front grill; beans really.

that 55 mile dyno run is wonderful, very very very smooth considering how few miles have been broken into it... are we still assuming 17% power loss from the crank to the wheels?? :shock: 530 SAE hp?

gray, i think just about everyone would love to have the new Z on this site; even if some of them deny it

sometimes its nice every so often to have a car that can virtually sell itself

nope :agrue: I'll have to get a Porsche 911 gt3, or a 360. with its poor
comstruction, there is a large cross beam that hits my head, I cant sit up.
I'm only a little over 6 feet tall, but thud thud there it knocking my head,
leaving a bruse :bad-words: . so I'll get somthing that had some thought
put into the inside of the car, not just the motor...
well, im still short enough to fit in the vette, and those 2" do make a difference

i'd be with you 2001 z vs. 996 GT3... but we still dont have a 997 for me to choose over the 2006 Z

RC, he's refering to the beam behind the magnisium roof panel
Old 09-29-2005, 10:50 PM   #107
RC45
Regular User

At 6'1/2" I have no trouble fitting in the C5 or C6. The seat does have some vertical travel to be adjusted to make room.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:52 PM   #108
e46drew
Regular User

:prr: hay bro 8) "thud thud " its a cool car, but not cool enough for the
novilty I want.
my practical car, M5
my fun car, 360 chalenge

not yet but soon to be
www.facebook.com/AndyIrelandAgency
e46drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:13 PM   #109
RC45
Regular User

If you say so

I'd much rather have a fun practical car now - not later.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:17 PM   #110
e46drew
Regular User

good things come to thoes who........
www.facebook.com/AndyIrelandAgency
e46drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:27 AM   #111
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
of course the vette owners have something to prove, well they don't have something to prove really but they feel the need to since they are self conscious about their purchase of the joe-schmo vette since they couldn't afford the Ferrari, so they need to constantly tell them selves that what they bought is good enough. so thats why RC has to constantly bring up anything and everything when its not even comparable. hes self conscious about the vette and simply trys to make him self feel better about his purchase which is understandable but very very sad.
Make myself feel better? That's YOUR justifiaction for hating on the car. I am very pleased with the car, and enjoy it on a daily basis. You and your kind make a point of trying to downplay and bash the car - and all I do is point out you are wrong. Plain and simple.

You are such a nob, I mean snob - that instead of actually enjoying a super fast car on a daily basis, you would rather jack off to pictures of Enzos and bench race and TALK like you know high-performance cars - but really know jack shit about daily driving a 4s car.

If you were a real gear head, you would at least appreciate a fast car and capable car - even if it wasn't full of snob-appeal.

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by brembo
I beg to differ on the Z06 owners as our very own seem to feel the need to to bring it up in every discussion known to mankind, comparing it to cars far beyond what the Z06 can dance with or should be compared to......

The vette are a great car I have never said anything else and meant it, but its a great car for what it is and thats the thing.... for what it is!!!!.....its a cheap, low quallity fast american eco box... nothing more....
That doesnt mean it could or should be comapred to a exotic cuz they are far more than the vette have ever been and probably ever will be......

but hey its opinions and nothing more....I dont think the vette should be compared to a F car or a P car anymore than a BMW, Audi or Merc they are just a different car and doesnt aim for the F-P car segment......maybe Audi with their new LeMans thingy, but we just have to see what it can do before we know...as of now they dont have anything that should be compared......and neither are the vette a contender......
Who honestly gives a flying fuck?

I don't. :fist:
for someone who doesnt give a fuck, you sure have a way of showing it by bringing it up all the time. seems to me like you give more then a fuck about it, and simply are self conscious about your car and have to talk about it all the time so as to feel better about it.
I don't give a fuck what you think. I already feel better - as I daily enjoy a 4s car. Daily enjoy a 7m56s Nurburgring capable car.

People who like to think that only P-cars/F-cars and L-cars can be as high-performance orientated quote numbers as if they actually know something - it's simply sharing info to keep other people who are not snob-appeal driven in the know that there is an alternative.

Just because you fail to admit that not only the wealthy are entitled to awesome performance - doesn't mean others do as well.

gray, i think just about everyone would love to have the new Z on this site; even if some of them deny it
sorry, but you can take me off that list. sure i would take the care if i won it or someone gave it to be, but at the same time i would sell it in a hearbeat. the vette is nothing but a good bargain, but then again not all good bargains are worth it.
Z06 fans don't want or need you on the list.

So the Horsepower race begins.. there will probably be more N/A 600hp street driven C6 Z06's on the prwol than total Enzo's Murcis and CGT's produced..
does that mean that now you want to compare those 600HP vettes to the supercars??
Yes. Directly comparing the car to them.

Weighing in at 3100lbs, with 600hp on tap places the car squarely in this supposed exclusive performance club. Sorry to say - that once again, just because you like to bench race and get all horny about cars that few and far between can enjoy, doesn't mean that others have to si on the sidelines and not enjoy CGT, Enzo, C12S performance.

Any which way you slice it, this car was the best performance value in 2000 as a 2001 model, and is again the same thing in 2005 as a 2006 model.
VALUE being the key word here, its a good deal and thats all thats good about it.

READ EM AND WEEP!!!!
Your point? You drive a Golf - while you dream of supercar performance, others enjoy it. And you could too for just a coupel more dollars. But you are one of the dillusional few who simply refuse to see the lght.

Oh - and just so you know the C5 Z06 is a 360CS peformance equal, the same way the C6 Z06 will be a 430CS performance equivalent.

This is just how it is.

Learn to accept it.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:18 AM   #112
nthfinity
Regular User

If you say so

I'd much rather have a fun practical car now - not later.
whatever my brothers decision; the wait is manditory unfortunatley... im just hoping sooner then later (nothing to do with which type of car he ends up purchasing)

also, @ 6'2" i can fit in a C5 Z, and C6, and Ford GT...although on the latter, i have to duck my head while closing the door (e46drew is 6'4" or is it 6'5"??)

@ronin:
you can type as much as you want, but you know that one ride in a C6 Z, let alone a C5 Z would convince you otherwise 8)

@RC
yeah! well, i have a 185hp two tonne SUV that i can take to 60 in under 10 (by your standard, i have a 10 second car ) that i dont have to dream about... oh, yeah, i have more tractability than you mwuahahaha
Old 09-30-2005, 08:13 AM   #113
RC45
Regular User

^^Yet you keep coming back for more

What's this thread on now? Page 8?

LMAO, 1 reason and 1 reason alone is enough for me to not like the vette and ill enlighten you again. I DONT LIKE AMERICAN CARS...

...that doesnt make a difference to me as i dont like american cars and i wouldnt be happy in the vette if it was 2s car. ....

...sorry, its IMPOSSIBLE for me to drive and enjoy something that i dont like.
Well - with logic like this... there is no way you could be biased... :roll: I mean you just don't like America... we know that's no secret.

Those Portagoose supercars are awesome though.. well built, fast and impressive. :roll:

http://www.boostaholic.com/tmp/new_z06.mp4

also, @ 6'2" i can fit in a C5 Z, and C6, and Ford GT...although on the latter, i have to duck my head while closing the door (e46drew is 6'4" or is it 6'5"??)
So bigger is not always better

@RC
yeah! well, i have a 185hp two tonne SUV that i can take to 60 in under 10 (by your standard, i have a 10 second car ) that i dont have to dream about... oh, yeah, i have more tractability than you mwuahahaha
Wait - it seems bigger can be better
Old 09-30-2005, 12:03 PM   #114
graywolf624
Regular User

so thats why RC has to constantly bring up anything and everything when its not even comparable. hes self conscious about the vette and simply trys to make him self feel better about his purchase which is understandable but very very sad.
Yet again this is RC.. Go read the political discussions.. He is always like this, car or not..

No offense meant RC, just pointing out that you discussing the vette doesnt say anything about vette drivers or how they view their cars.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #115
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
so thats why RC has to constantly bring up anything and everything when its not even comparable. hes self conscious about the vette and simply trys to make him self feel better about his purchase which is understandable but very very sad.
Yet again this is RC.. Go read the political discussions.. He is always like this, car or not..

No offense meant RC, just pointing out that you discussing the vette doesnt say anything about vette drivers or how they view their cars.
No offense taken - if I was a Linux user and I saw people pointlessly bashing Linux all day - particularly with "I just hate it" bias, I would also offer comment about how Linux favourably compares to other offerings - especially when the other offering is presented not on it's own merit, but as "just being better than Linux because it's not as bad as Linux"

Many people have not even been aware of the true performance, value and ability - even if they still hate and despise it afterwards, at least they are doing so from unjustified bias.. not lack of information
Old 10-03-2005, 08:51 PM   #116
graywolf624
Regular User

A friend of mine from Texas has now dynoed his zo6... With and without a new set of headers:

The headers netted 30 hp and 60 torque(outrageous)...
Old 10-03-2005, 09:56 PM   #117
nthfinity
Regular User

Just haeders??? no cat-back x pipes?
Old 10-03-2005, 10:07 PM   #118
graywolf624
Regular User

Its these headers with cat option:

They are damn expensive headers though
http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...1adad9ae48eae8

The price paid to the go fast crack pipe...
Old 10-04-2005, 12:12 AM   #119
RC45
Regular User

$1395.00 for LG Headers is not that expensive... before he got someone else to produce volume, his longtubes carried a $2400 price tag.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:38 AM   #120
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I may not be as big a fan of Detroit Muscle as what i once was (as in i no longer snatch up every Chevy and Mopar magazine) but i'm always amazed at what a Chevy small block will handle. it's really not diffucult of expensive anymore to reach 1000hp.

So really 1400 bucks for 30/60 is a fucking steal. Consider the fact that even 10 years ago it was running about 3K for 20hp. It's so easy to release and create power out of an american engine you wonder why they didn't release the engine at or at least closer to it's full potential :bah:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote