Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-01-2005, 10:21 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Originally Posted by RC45
Per capita is just a statistical variant invented to keep small crusty euro-viallages/villagers from commiting mass-suicide as they really have no impact on much at all
That sounds similar to what Americans say about BHP/Litre
Well - HP/l means diddly-squat when all you have a 1.x litres and 150hp
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:26 PM   #17
gobs3z
Regular User

None of those cars have a warranty with them, but wait.....the Veyron does! I don't understand why you're making your point. You're basically pointing out the obvious, but none have a variable body, 7 speed trans, "turns like an elise," and the ability to safely drive to 250mph (not that that is safe in itself, but every one of those cars will blow a tire or have parts of their body break off before they reach 250mph)

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:08 AM   #18
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^^
its still cheaper to blow 1000 engines fully tuned to 1000 bhp then to buy a veyron... and still more accessible.

also; many of the engines are warented; not to mention... around Detroit, there are very few stories of the 1200+hp cars breaking. the people in Michigan are seriosly experts, and i think something like 1/4 people in my state work for some company related to the auto industry. the few stories of breakage i hear about are generally "i ran this until it broke, then i replaced it with x component which is stronger and lighter"

(in, or near brighton there is a ZR-1 TT pushing around that range... and has almost 30,000 miles on that engine)
Old 12-02-2005, 02:40 AM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
"turns like an elise,"
Bullshit - this is not what the current tests are saying.

Originally Posted by gobs3z
and the ability to safely drive to 250mph (not that that is safe in itself, but every one of those cars will blow a tire or have parts of their body break off before they reach 250mph)
And again - Bullshit.

You obviously have no idea how many imes these cars have shown they can run to 220, 230 and beyond.

Again - what a pity people think that only zillionaires can have cool fast cars.

Sucks to be a dreamer and never have the chance hey?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:33 AM   #20
gangajas
Regular User

I don't like this kind of red neck motoring, I would prefer Modena anyday.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 04:42 AM   #21
gangajas
Regular User

Culture clash :fadein:

vs.

gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:55 AM   #22
RC45
Regular User

No culture clash - I like having a car that can run and gun with the best of the best - yet it's cheap enough to use every day and mod on a budget.

if you're super wealthy more power to you - and if 0-60 in 4s, 12s 1/4 and 175mph top end, 60-0 in 100feet, 1G cornering and an amazing sound are redneck to you, then you are not a gear/petrol head.

Why not try http://www.knitting-for-granny.com
Old 12-02-2005, 08:09 AM   #23
LotusGT1
Regular User

And yet another topic RC seems to desperately wants to prove how cool he and his buddies are while nobody is really bothered by it.

Drop the "see they are euro-snobs but we are much cooler" routine and STFU for awhile. This is about the 100th topic or post you feel the need to take a jab at some because of your personal frustration.

Get over it and grow up. You are desperately trying to prove something nobody cares about in the first place.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
And yet another topic RC seems to desperately wants to prove how cool he and his buddies are while nobody is really bothered by it.
Nope - seems you have a desperate need prove that anything and anyone non-euro is no good...

Drop the "see they are euro-snobs but we are much cooler" routine and STFU for awhile. This is about the 100th topic or post you feel the need to take a jab at some because of your personal frustration.
Never once have intimated that euro is not cool - in fact I don't do cool

I have no frustration - I have a car to drive... you do too - right?

Get over it and grow up. You are desperately trying to prove something nobody cares about in the first place.
For someone who doesn't care, you sure make a point of caring enough to keep a tally of how many times you get pissed off and frustrated by fun informaitonal topics - not unlike the crap you post about how good this or that euroshitbox is

According to you - all discussion should be ceased because it doesn't fit with your dream ....

Don't worry - I was also an uptight euroshitbox lover before I came here and saw just how much cheap fun V8's and gasoline can get you...

No matter how much frustraiton you think I have, it could never come close to your envy...

It must really annoy you that the abundance of cheap, fast speed toys available in the US is ever growing - whether you like rice, domestic, euro or even kit cars and hotrods, not only is it all allowed and legal here - it's encouraged and enjoyed.

Being a car enthusiast in a country known for bicycles, wooden shoes, windmills and tulips must suck

Don't worry - we will spare a thought for you when the hundreds of thousands of gear heads, ricers and euroshitboxers hit the streets of the US of A this Friday evening - doing what you only dream about - living cars
Old 12-02-2005, 01:18 PM   #25
LotusGT1
Regular User

It's more like you need to mirror your car or those of your friends every time against every sort of european line-up you can come up with insisting that your opinion about euro-snobbery as you seem to call it is widely pointed out. It's getting old.

You have some ackward urge to compare over and over again while nobody is asking you, and nobody is caring for.

I like american cars, I like your Z06, however your approach at posting here is getting very repetitive. And that has little to do with envy, how much you wan't to believe it is.

Nice going with the cliches btw again, let's say we in Holland at least know how to built some proper dykes...
Old 12-02-2005, 11:44 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

It's more like you need to mirror your car or those of your friends every time against every sort of european line-up you can come up with insisting that your opinion about euro-snobbery as you seem to call it is widely pointed out. It's getting old.
Why is postign an interesting line-up getting old?

I guess it's ok to keep posting about "euroshitboxes" - over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

You have some ackward urge to compare over and over again while nobody is asking you, and nobody is caring for.
Nobody is asking to hear about other cars or general topics for that matter... but yo uknow... web forums kind of exist for communication.. Otherwise they would not involve the ability for individuals to comment.

I like american cars, I like your Z06, however your approach at posting here is getting very repetitive. And that has little to do with envy, how much you wan't to believe it is.
It has nothing to do with my car - it has to do with a bunch of enthusiasts tuned cars... never asked for your support, blessing or even interest - you however seem to take special pride in "being offended" by anything that doesn't praise your view point

Nice going with the cliches btw again, let's say we in Holland at least know how to built some proper dykes...
Nah - tulpe, kaas, klogs, fiets en windmuelle pretty much sums it up - oh and dagga...

You're pretty uptightfor a dutchie... not getting enough weed in your diet?
Old 12-03-2005, 04:09 AM   #27
AlienDB7
Regular User

Just came across this article on Yahoo:

http://www.forbes.com/2005/11/23/cx_...&partner=yahoo
"The Fastest American Cars"

No. 1 SSC Ultimate Aero

Base Price: $654,500
Top Speed: 260 to 273 mph

The Ultimate Aero is one of the most extreme vehicles--make that one of the most extreme ideas--of which we have ever heard. It achieves such ridiculous performance with a 1,046-horsepower V-8 engine (you read that hp figure correctly), shoehorned into a car that weighs as much as a Dodge Neon.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:50 AM   #28
LotusGT1
Regular User

I guess it's ok to keep posting about "euroshitboxes" - over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
You miss the point...again.

Look at the topictitle, look at basically every topic or post you make. I don't care for the list but I keep noticing a pattern for comparing your car or cars of interest with so-called snob-cars like it's some sort frustration of you that you don't get enough praise or something.

It has little to do with being uptight, although you constantly react like stung by a bee or something. Annoying....
LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:01 AM   #29
RC45
Regular User

You miss the point...again.

Look at the topictitle, look at basically every topic or post you make. I don't care for the list but I keep noticing a pattern for comparing your car or cars of interest with so-called snob-cars like it's some sort frustration of you that you don't get enough praise or something.

It has little to do with being uptight, although you constantly react like stung by a bee or something. Annoying....
No - you are annoying - and you miss the point. I don't need to look at the topic title - I worte it :roll: And I know why I chose it - you don't - you just like to believe that you do.

This topic :arrow: **WHOOOSH** :arrow: your head...

The point had NOTHING to do with what I drive - for christsakes man, you and amateur hour psychiatry are the irritating ones. You are hell-bent on psychoanalyzing my emotion about my car.

Again - just because having light hearted fun is beyond you - don't presume everyone elses is an uptight cunt - just because you come across as one
Old 12-03-2005, 10:43 AM   #30
gtx28
Regular User

who gives a flying leap about hp per liter, its all about power to weight kids