Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-20-2004, 12:16 PM   #31
Evo
Regular User

Originally Posted by adamk24
Evo I love your new avatar. Miss november, thats hilarious! Nice car too

[/quote]

It is not meant to be hilarious.. Stop laughing at Miss November :cry: :cry: .. I am going to tell mom on you..
Old 11-21-2004, 03:46 AM   #32
adamk24
Regular User

It is not meant to be hilarious.. Stop laughing at Miss November .. I am going to tell mom on you..
lol, well she does have alot in common with a beauty queen. High upkeep costs, gets your more respect from your freinds etc.... and like most beauty queens, Id ride her any day of the week

As for my favorite for the price, I like the B20 and B18 non-vtecs, because for around 1500 you can get a kick ass turbo motor from them. However, barring those two, the B16's are very common and there for very cheap. But if you want a good engine of any of them, the JDM gsr engine is very good, just alot more expensive.

I did really like their price on the Accord Type R H22. With that much torque and HP it would be easy to straight up swap the engine into a light ass car and run low 12s or better.

and when ever i get in trouble i gonna come here to bug you guys.
Great! hahahaha, we'll be ready to anwser your questions
adamk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 03:25 AM   #33
bullet_1800
Regular User

I am gonna third the vote for Adamk24. I am just gonna say that it is 7:22 in the morning and that although i was about to sleep an hour ago i just bump on this topic. Pure me......if i only knew........all that info that was waiting in here patiently to go into my head. Now after reading all this i have only one thing to say : AMAZING!

Thanks for sharing Adam and you Badar come up with some more questions (and more difficult) to make Adam come out from his lair and overload our heads with more useful info.

That all, i am gonna sleep now...
Old 11-28-2004, 07:53 PM   #34
adamk24
Regular User

Thanks for sharing Adam and you Badar come up with some more questions (and more difficult) to make Adam come out from his lair and overload our heads with more useful info.
How did you know I live in a lair... :shock:
Old 12-13-2004, 05:25 AM   #35
Pokiou
Regular User

to be honest .. vtec is nice and the delay can be changed with a apexi VTAC system but i wouldnt reccomending it as a honda shows its power up in teh high power ranges.. now for a engine conversion the del sol is a light car very light in fact and if u want power .. its simple do teh h22a conversion or keep the stock head and get a hrv block and slap that togther making the bottom half of the car alot more powerful .. yet keeping it light .. but on a budget iw ould say get the ba18 jdm tuned .. make sure its out of a TYPE R with a the propper after market ECU. also for a quick 1/4 mile time .. make sure u have propper suspension setup.. stiff backs and nice and semi stiff fronts..... good luck pm me if u need more help ..

Pok.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #36
coombsie66
Regular User

Impressive knowlege you've got there Adamk24, you got any pics/vids/more info on your civic?
Old 12-21-2004, 05:26 AM   #37
Pokiou
Regular User

ok i must add that vtec is only good for 100.000km after that they loose there VTECness.. just thought ill add it in to help you

Pok.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 04:57 AM   #38
adamk24
Regular User

Hmmm....

the del sol is a light car very light in fact and if u want power .. its simple do teh h22a

Del Sols may look small, but they are actually very heavy. 200 lbs heavier than a standard civic infact. Also the H22 swap is very difficult and complicated compared to the B series which came in that chassis.

make sure its out of a TYPE R with a the propper after market ECU
Type R engines are rediculously expensive and if your considering forced induction, not realy that much better a starting point than a standard engine. If you want a really fast all motor car, the type R has alot of good things on it that make it a good engine to use (knife edged crank, stonger rods, ligher internals, oil coolers, oil sprayers for the crankcase, pistions and valve train, and alot of stuff in the head), but they are in such high demand and so few were made, they are not really worth the cost comparitively.

ok i must add that vtec is only good for 100.000km after that they loose there VTECness
What??? You know, honda has never once had a Vtec system fail. Ever. On any engine, any model. My freinds CRX uses an old B16 with 225,000 miles and it still runs as good as my engine. In fact, I would say the biggest advantage of honda engines is that they go forever.

Impressive knowlege you've got there Adamk24, you got any pics/vids/more info on your civic?

Thanks! I dont really have any pictures right now, but I could take a few for the members rides section. Im going back home for christmas, so maybe I can get a few shots of my Eclipse while Im back home as well