Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-11-2004, 03:09 PM   #31
astonmartinandy
Regular User

I think that sort of fine is absolutely ridiculous! How can they justify charging someone an excessive fine, just for doing well for themselves in life!?
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 03:17 PM   #32
boyracer_24
Regular User

fines are for the stupid, if you stupid enough to get caught then pay the price
boyracer_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 12:38 AM   #33
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

ugh...what a terrible ticket. that system is one of the worst i've heard of. just reading about it makes me mad.
a ticket fine should be set and determined, not by a person's income. one's income should be theirs to enjoy. not to be taken away by the gov't for speeding.
as long as you're not endangering anyone, a smaller fine should be given. now, if he was speeding while kids were getting out of school and crossing the street thats different, but let him speed if he wants to. im sure he understands the risks...and if not he does now!
wreckless driving should be punished more severely than speeding, but then again if you look at it from a jilted angle speeding is wreckless driving! ahhh! i guess i'm not moving there! ever!
Old 02-12-2004, 06:55 AM   #34
robruf
Regular User

I think we can all agree that fining someone more is stupid just because they happen to have money, the dermit point system works so much better, where you start out with a certain amount and then as you lose your points you have to go to traffic school, such as here in Canada. After you lose 6 points they tell you to go to traffic school, then after losing another 4 points you get a total review of your driving record and then after losing the final 5 points your license is suspended for a year and then the penalties get worse. maybe becaue you are rich you can pay the fines, but you cannot escape the points, they hurt everyone equally, anyway if you are rich you can just go to race tracks and get your speed out there anyhow.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:10 AM   #35
TT
Regular User

I agree with you rob about the demerit points. That's perfect and the way most countries are going now. But between "usual" fines and proportioned ones, the latter is better IMO.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:02 AM   #36
keeba17
Regular User

guys, that is f***ing bulls***. ......enough said
keeba17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 05:43 PM   #37
oldsnail
Regular User

we have points here
depenindg on what offence u do, u get 1-3 points.and each point adds up.. by the end of the year, u paid your penalty and they will add the points up, and if it exceeds a certain number of points, u get to pay more or u lose your licence for a certain time. and every year, they will reset your points.. my brother got 10 points, and he has to pay 1000CDN plus all the bylaw tickets.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:09 PM   #38
monabonejakon2002
Regular User

A pig pulled me over for doing 33 in a 25 zone. Gimme a break.

If you can't elect traffic school anymore (done it too many times). Always take it too court. like 95% of the time, they throw it out or just give you an option to elect traffic school.
If they do see you, just ask to take the traffic school and they will most probably let you do it.

If you are lucky the cop may not even show up.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:46 PM   #39
boyracer_24
Regular User

speeding i can handle but theres a guy i know he got caught drink driving whilst being band for drink driving and had a years ban and a small fine then the fucker still drove like a wanker and got caught again driving whilst disqualified and the prick had a years comunity service to do and he's still driving around what the fuck is the law for?
boyracer_24 is offline   Reply With Quote