Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 04-29-2006, 02:13 AM   #31
Nick6
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r
I have a sad feeling its not going to look anywhere as good as the current M3.
Same here.
Nick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:24 PM   #32
DeMoN
Regular User

Anyone else find it weird that if you go to the thread where the pictures were first posted (the m3post forum) not many people have replied? I mean, you'd think that m3post guys would go crazy on some spy pics which does not seem to be the case right now.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:52 PM   #33
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i'm going to reserve comment until i see the finished product, but i have a feeling it's going to take a long time to be accepted as a good looking car, much like the E65 is, just by reading what you guys are saying. The E46 is a damn good looking car and an aggresive one at that.

What i am looking for is a stern front end and a pissed off stance. Something that says don't fuck with me while it's sitting still, and something that inspires nervousness in the person whose rearveiw mirror is being filled with the grill and stare.

Granted the M cars have pretty much all looked like sleepers, however the E46 M3 was a bit of a mold breaker in it's appearance. If you look at the two recent M5s, and the E36 M3, first glance doesn't reveal anything special unless you know what you are looking at.

Given the bar set for future M3's by the E46, the E90 is going to have to pull off a miracle of a compromise between the two styles. One that i don't know if the designers can really pull off just yet.

Now the E90 M3 Sedan, that really doesn't have too much of a bar to live up to since the last 4 door M3 was the E36, which in itself was a brilliant sleeper for it's day wether it be US or Euro spec.

I have a very good feeling though that the new V8 will make up for the styling shortfalls, and will be furthur backed up by the handling charachteristics. Hopefully they will have solved the over-dampened/under-sprung set up that gave the E46 it's harder ride. The double pivot front suspension is greatly going to help out as it has already proven itself to do with E90.

In any case, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but performance is undisputable

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:50 AM   #34
DeMoN
Regular User

Do you think the v8 will b enough? If it beats the RS4 (wich looks awesome), then at least it'll have something against the audi.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:40 AM   #35
Akmon
Regular User

I think the front looks very very bad but I hope they will find a proper design for the back, so it's doesn't look like a Honda
Akmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:22 AM   #36
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

You really think the RS4 is that good looking? with its ricer lookin gills on the front spoiler? The car looks like a chubby riced out A4. What I liked about the previous S and RS models were that they were only slightly different from they're base models. (wider track, wheels, arches)

I can safely say this now, before the final production model is out..

The new M3 will not only look better than the RS4, but it will also be much more fun to drive.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #37
Neema702
Regular User

^^^ dont kidd yourself... the new RS4 looks f*ckin sick, and its def. gonna look better than the E90. I'm just hoping the E90 can perform the way it should.
Neema702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #38
DeMoN
Regular User

Anyone knows the deal with the 2 door and 4 door M3?

Is this still going to happen?