Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-01-2003, 03:41 AM   #31
bonte
Regular User

That Enzo looks very good in black!

But I think I like the new 612 Scaglietta (or sth lik ethat) more....

612hp :shock: for only € 200.00 :cry:

///M5
bonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:11 PM   #32
DeMoN
Regular User

that is what they are doing with the viper. The new rt-10 was only available to previous viper owners. Then, ebay was filled with sales for the "license" to obtain the car. This is more understandable since you are buying the permit to purchase the car... however, to buy a car from someone else, this would not be so acceptable for me. If I were to spend a sum of money equal to the sale prize for that enzo, I would want to be the only name in the propietor of the car. I wouldnt want the car to be, "my second hand ferrari." Hence, I would not pay more for it.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:11 PM   #33
Johns
Regular User

dammn what a profit, almost double what its worth. lets do business
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 08:41 PM   #34
cho_888
Regular User

haha, who has got the money to buy a care exclusive enough to make a profit?
Old 11-03-2003, 01:33 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Truth be known - even Ferrari is in business for profit, so all they really want to do is sell more cars.

If they didn't do that, they would be out of business and gone.

So while it is a noble idea to "sell the car only to those who really, really appreciate it" - it is no more enforcable than trying to stop someone ripping an MP3 from the CD they just bought.

Transfer of ownership is just that.

The only way limits get placed on something is if the "agreement" can be upheld and IF enforcing the agreement would be good for future business.

So - with F50 owners that leased the vehicle for 2 years - yes there was a restriction on selling the car for the first 2 years - which is why so many F50's went up for sale in the 25th month - the original lease was up, and ownership was transferred and many owners decided it was time to move on to the next exotic

At least this is the story told to me by an F40/F50 (and now F60) owning aquaintance back home.

But he could be making it all up as he never quite come clean as to what his "import/export company" imported and exported..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 06:21 AM   #36
heath
Regular User

Originally Posted by themailman34
Wonder if it was driven hard
wadda ya reckon mate?

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:53 AM   #37
adlinyusman
Regular User

Probably he was exotic car dealer, and he bought it for his store and decided to sell it? There are quite a few people who actually do that, and they turn in a pretty penny. Some selling for more than double the actual selling price. If i had the money and couldn't get through Ferrari's "exclusive" customer program, i would snap it off one of these buyers. I guess it's fair for OTHERS to get a chance to buy it too y know. Not like someone's keeping 'eight' of these cars...lol.

adlinyusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:15 PM   #38
maalox
Regular User

The F50 was originally sold exclusively on a 2 (I think??) year lease to prevent people from immediately reselling it. Unfortunately the Enzo is not protected by such an arrangement, so wankers like this guy likely bought it for a quick buck (only to sell it to some true enthusiast :roll.
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:20 PM   #39
chernobyl
Regular User

Originally Posted by maalox
so wankers like this guy
Why is he a wanker? Bescuase he made a good short term investment? Because he can afford to do what you can only dream?

Tough shite! Get over it.
chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote