Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-08-2005, 10:35 AM   #31
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by topgeartom
How in gods name did they get a metro to fly? its hardly the most areodynamic of things!

bloody funny all the same!
lol, i'm not sure if they actually did or not - guess we'll have to wait n see
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #32
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by Sir_GT
I wonder what JC is going to come up with to discredit the M5... :roll:
Allready trying to undermine the review before you have even seen it.......

Even if it is a M it might not be perfect, I see no wrong in saying so in a review.....He does the samew to Audi`s you know......
I just think he's incredibly biased, although admittedly, he is entertaining.

He does it to every popular brand though, except for the "untouchables" such as Ferrari (because if you screw Ferrari in a review, you're excommunicated from their list of press people).

Aside from his obvious bias, I think the only real problem with him is that he looks at every car at face value, and not the real benefits/costs of owning one.

The Mazda RX8 vs Nissan 350Z is one glaring example. He raved about the Mazda, but never really talked about (although he did mention it passively) how much the Mazda would eventually cost you... which isn't exactly "cheap" as he described it. In fact, for what the 350Z costs initially, you'll save far more money with the 350Z at the end of the day compared to the Mazda.

...but of course, he won't say that, because it would make Top Gear a sensible show, which might make it boring.
Absolutely!

It's kinda funny though. Every time a Jaguar or and Aston is compared to another car of the same class or catagory, he will choose the Jag or Aston every time, no matter what the competition might be. I suppose thats just him being loyal to England though.
Loyal and biased would be a good description actually.

The 1-series review still resonates in my head... he trashed it on the show, and in his column (the times), yet, ironically, Top Gear MAGAZINE declared the 120d "best in class", and this was backed up by EVO, CAR Magazine (who actually put the 120d in their ECOTY top 5), 5th Gear, and Channel 4.

So... it sort of makes you think... did he really have a point? Or was he just using the 1-series as an excuse to vent out his dislike of BMW?

Personally, I would have to say the latter. Which bothers me, because now, everytime I watch him on the telly, I have an almost immediate reaction to question whatever he says... which isn't good, especially if you tune in to be entertained.

Ah well, sod it. Roll on May 22!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 02:11 AM   #33
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by topgeartom
Originally Posted by Wutputt
The abov- mentioned stuff is just a small part of the new series. So don't worry there will be lots more

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Where did you find the info btw?
The Top Gear Bible

where in gods name did you get that?
Is that real? It should be beside the bed of every Top Gear fan!
:shock: :shock:

Edit: just read the second page. Gotta head off to the store and see if they have the Top Gear guide over here! Thanks for the tip

Can't wait to see the F430 feature.. and the TVR ones. It's Jeremy Clarkson, so we know for sure any car will make a cool feature
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 02:37 AM   #34
blah
Regular User

Id like to see them test the Saleen god damnit, or the new Cobra, Z06 or maybe the new 3 series would be nice. OO they need to test the RS4 too.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:53 AM   #35
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Id like to see them test the Saleen god damnit, or the new Cobra, Z06 or maybe the new 3 series would be nice. OO they need to test the RS4 too.
I'm guessing that they will test the new Z06, but not till the fall season. Major reviewers in the US still haven't gotten a hold of it yet, and seeing as how Top Gear's filming for this season is probably pretty much wrapped, I'd put my money on seeing the new Z06 in the fall series, not spring.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:41 PM   #36
crasherror
Regular User

Did i read some were that Top Gear is coming to the US?
Old 05-10-2005, 12:58 AM   #37
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by crasherror
Did i read some were that Top Gear is coming to the US?
Yes but its not the same , the studio show is remake , the videos are from past shows plus some specials i think .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #38
PATo355
Regular User

BTW , do you know what is going to happen in the first episode ? That would be nice to know , im fucking desesperated , the only thing i want it to be 22th of may and that Jabba internet conection is not malfunctioning again

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote