Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-17-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
Marduk
Regular User

Default gran Turismo, who finished time attack mode?

When you can't drive i am sure that some of you are playing to gran Turismo 3 on your playstation 2.
I have no car yet, so i spend all my time on this game and i have finished the time attack mode in 6 hours.
from the first record to the last witch is the difficult complexString with the Ruf.
So i like to know if many people has done the time attack mode ? and how many time they spent on it?
Marduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:44 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

Ï did.. for the Complex string one alone I needed a couple of days I think.. but it's a must if you want your 100%
Old 03-17-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
Anonymous

2 times

I love that game get an F1 car F90H the black one not sure of the name but run midfield to see what your time is mine is 52.506. i'll play anybody.

just play the game a lot for hours and days i once played for 17 hrs striaht. stopped for 4 hrs and played again for another 10
Old 03-17-2004, 11:07 PM   #4
PyroZona
Regular User

Yup...finished the game (100%) twice already. Can't wait for the next installment!

Ok, shady view...I don't run Midfield very often, but I'll give it a shot. I almost always run Laguna Seca (mostly 'cause I've driven that track for real a number of times). Best lap time there being a 58:11. I do remember doing it a bit quicker than that, but turned off my PS2 before remembering to save.....DOH!!!!

I'll run a few laps at Midfield and let ya know the kind of times I turn. I may try it in my F094H, though. 4 years of F1 technology makes a bit of a difference, heh.

Pyro
Old 03-17-2004, 11:13 PM   #5
callen
Regular User

im at 77% three F1 cars and just over 60 cars and 2 million in the bank. i know there are many ppl who greatly exceed these acheivements but i am proud of them and hope to have the game finally finished by novemeber for the release of GT4

SIDEBAR: does neknow know which "f1 cars" are which. i mean historically what are the differeent cars based upon? (eg maybe the red one is a early 90s ferrari F1 car ? the black one a mclaren???) does ne know know the true identities of these special cars?
Old 03-17-2004, 11:24 PM   #6
PyroZona
Regular User

Default Heres' how to tell.....kinda

Well, if you wanna do a little bit of research, you can find out. The F1 cars are named for the engine, the year and the driver. For instance, the F094H is the 10 cylinder car that Damon Hill drove in 1994.

So, you can decode the car by it's name:

F = Formula 1 Car
0 or 6 = Number of cylinders, V10 or V6 Turbo
86, 87, 88, 90 or 94 = Year the car was campaigned
H, S or M = Driver of car:
H is Damon Hill
S is Ayrton Senna
M is Nigel Mansell

If you wanna find out what car each one is based on, cross-reference the info above with F1 history.

Hope that helps ya out!

Pyro
Old 03-17-2004, 11:26 PM   #7
Lift Off
Regular User

That was the first thing I completed in the game a long time ago.
Complex String was surely the hardest one. I guess it took me about 10 to 15 tries.
Go for 100%!
Lift Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM   #8
PyroZona
Regular User

Default COOL....needed a new challenge!

Whoaaaaa.....hang on a sec! I just went in my garage and noticed that I don't have an F090H!! Didn't know there was one (maybe more) that I didn't have...THANKS shady view!!

Gonna hafta pull out my prize car list and see where I can go win one. SWEET!

Pyro

EDIT: Ummmm....I don't see an F090/H anywhere in the list! Check your garage, shady view. Let me know if you REALLY have that car, and if so, where you won it. I'm thinking you may have made a typo (or a brain typo, lol) on that car.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:57 PM   #9
coloradosilver
Regular User

Question: I have had the game at 98% complete for like 8 months now and I can't figure out where to get the final 2% at.... I've done all the competitions in sim mode, all licenses aquired, all courses beat in arcade mode...I have all the cars and over 10 mil in the bank. Where is the last 2%???? I've looked everywhere! Help!!

Wait-- what's time attack mode? Could it be called something else or am I missing this? Where do I find this in the game?
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:50 AM   #10
PyroZona
Regular User

Default ...the last 2%

ColoradoSilver - Tell ya what...bring that 'Vette down here to Phoenix and let me take 'er for a spin and I'll tell ya! HAH! Just kidding....sort of.

Ok, the last 2% you need is probably the "Time Trial" section of Arcade Mode (that is, if you've completed all the Single Race ones on all three difficulty levels). You need to get at least 3rd place on each of the Time Trial tracks. Not too tough, really....until you get to Complex String. Damn, I dunno what demented wacko created that track...but I like it!!

Hope that helps ya out!

Pyro

P.S. - Nice car, man!
Old 03-18-2004, 03:06 AM   #11
PyroZona
Regular User

Ok, shady view....I managed to pull a 52.698 on Midfield. I used my F686/M, since the turbo F1 cars seem to do better on big, flowing tracks like Midfield.

My hand hurts now, and I think the spring in my hand-held wheel controller is just about to break......again (damn MadCatz and their weak steering wheel centering springs!!!).

See what you can do on Laguna Seca. Use any car you want. See how close you can come to my 58.110 and post it here.

Gonna go rest my hand now, lmao!!

Pyro
Old 03-18-2004, 09:06 AM   #12
callen
Regular User

The three F1 cars i have :

F090S, F094H, F686M
Old 03-18-2004, 07:23 PM   #13
Vansquish
Regular User

Ok...here's something I thought was a bit tougher...have you gotten all gold in ALL the license tests yet?

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:37 PM   #14
coloradosilver
Regular User

I have all gold in all tests except for 4 tests on the hardest license, I'd have to go and look to see exactly what tests they are, but I know that they're silvers. Some I just can't seem to get that gold.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:38 PM   #15
veilsidebr

i finished..it was a bit easy...
i would like to know if someone here got all golds in all licenses on Gran turismo 3...do somebody?

i got..i´ll take some pics...and even on superlicense i got gold medals... fun