Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 04-13-2004, 02:28 AM   #1
RAMAN
Regular User

Default UPDATE - My *STRIPPED* 2004 WRX STi

Here is my STi in blue/silver wheels. The mods are GT-Spec header, HKS Carbon-Ti exhaust, HKS SSQV blow off valve, ARC Super Induction Box, and Defi BF gauges. She is 4 months old and it was stolen last week 1 block away from my building.

Update: My STi was found in Newark, NJ by the Newark PD about a few weeks ago and I finally had the balls to head over to the junk yard for one final look.

From a quick inspection I noticed the driver's side window broken, no engine, front bumper stripped, interior stripped, no wheels, all 4 brake rotors & Brembo calipers gone, no spoiler, no seats, no air bag, my aftermarket gauges gone, no tranny. Whatever mods that I listed above, GONE!

RAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:45 AM   #2
RAMAN
Regular User

Old 04-13-2004, 04:29 AM   #3
itsthepham

awwwwwwwwww man someone stoled it. LOL...I would still rather get a WHITE WRX STI. ... Stay true to the Subaru man. Sorry about ur lost too.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:41 AM   #4
novass
Regular User

Sorry to hear about it gettin stolen. A friend of mine has a white Evo 8 with a shit load of mods that ive been tryin to get pics of but the moment he gets the car back from getting something done to it, he sends it back again to get something else done to it. Ill try and get pics up ASAP

IMO I like the Evo better. Ive driven the STi but not the Evo, although ive ridden in 2 different Evos quite a few times now. Not really sure what I like more about it, but I think if I was going to buy one of the 2, id go for the Evo.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:07 PM   #5
Silvia_Drift
Regular User

Amazing car man. Sorry it got stolen . Don't go with the Evo though!!! Stay with Subaru!
Old 04-13-2004, 07:26 PM   #6
PATo355
Regular User

Hahaha , stolen ? Holy shit , the rims are too small i think , they are 16 ? they use to come with 17/18" here in Chile

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:11 PM   #7
oscargarza88
Regular User

nice car!
and it sux that it got stolen!
instead of going with the evo8 go with the new evo 8 MR
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:49 PM   #8
Nemisis8u

sorry that it got stolen hella beautiful car nice gauges too but dont go for an EVO 8 they suck either 7 cuz it isnt shitty like the evo 8 wit its cheap parts like its front nose and those lips suck the side skirts arnt that bad tho but better to stay with Subaru oh yeah did u get any insurance money from your previous Subaru?
Old 04-13-2004, 10:02 PM   #9
RAMAN
Regular User

The STi is awesome but the new engine (EJ257) is a bitch to mod. The Evo has a meaner look and we all know the capability of the 4G63. Plus, if I take the Evo, we can make a "Father and Son team" which includes a white Evo VIII and a black Evo VI T.M.E. Sounds pretty good on paper. As for the Evo MR, I don't know. News is that it won't be arriving until late 2004. The price should be set somewhere in the 33k range with a larger turbo, aluminium roof, 6-speed gearbox, and it will have the ACD (still no AYC). Is it worth the 2-3k increase when I can spend it on performance parts or a set of nice Volk's? I don't know :roll:

I could also get a 94 Baltic Blue Supra TT that has "only" 45k miles for less than the price of an Evo or STi. Problem is I needed to drive in some of the shittiest weather condition here in good ol' NY.

Hahaha , stolen ? Holy shit , the rims are too small i think , they are 16 ? they use to come with 17/18" here in Chile
The rims were 17x7.5 like every other stock STi's, any smaller I doubt they would clear the Brembos calipers.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:24 PM   #10
mit5005
Regular User

Sorry for your loss man. And what a loss it was. Nice pics though. At least you got to enjoy it for 4 months (if you wanna look at the bright side). You got insurance for it right?
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:57 PM   #11
RAMAN
Regular User

Yeah I can look at it like that, but then I didn't have the chance to make 300awhp before it was gone. :x

I do have insurance so I'm pretty much covered. But until then, it's back to 110hp, automatic rental cars for some humble driving. Hey, at least there won't any more kids revving on me at stoplights.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:48 AM   #12
sameerrao
Regular User

Really sad. There is a lot of this shit happening in the NY/NJ area. There are lot of Audi S4s that have been stolen there or vandalized for HID lights and such. Apparently there is a thriving market for stolen hot AWD cars in Latin America...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:51 PM   #13
veilsidebr

nice car dude...congratulations for u own this..i like this car...
it would be nice to take some drifts and doughnouts while driving, or also take a real insane driving on it..hehe
Old 04-14-2004, 09:49 PM   #14
RAMAN
Regular User

Really sad. There is a lot of this shit happening in the NY/NJ area. There are lot of Audi S4s that have been stolen there or vandalized for HID lights and such. Apparently there is a thriving market for stolen hot AWD cars in Latin America...
I know, from what I've heard the STi's were the hot cake in NJ. I guess I was lucky not to be held at gunpoint for the car, but then all the performance goodies were put in a week prior to the theft. Didn't even have time to push it or take pics of it...

nice car dude...congratulations for u own this..i like this car...
it would be nice to take some drifts and doughnouts while driving, or also take a real insane driving on it..hehe
Thanks man. Yeah I've done some doughnuts and a few 6k rpm launches, nothing too insane though.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:29 PM   #15
nthfinity
Regular User

the Subaru WRX STi is one of my "attainable" dream cars... just not yet. im very sorry for your loss, as i know the experience, and have had a car stolen a few years back.

i make regular stops at my local dealer, and met a guy who has his STi pushing 363 hp@ the wheels, and 358 ft lbs. and enjoys driving it gobs...

to the peeps recomending the evo MR, from what i hear it isnt making its way to the states unfortunately. and i totally agree AWD in states with winters help tremendously. good luck getting out of the rental crap.