Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-09-2004, 11:53 AM   #16
nthfinity
Regular User

Oh I see. It seems most of us here agree about the Civic
hmm, this seems to be true.... and i have always wondered why, the car really is nothing special to me....ive driven 3 of them, and they wernt that great. civic 3.0 v6 autobox, 2 manuel civic 4 bangers
but thats just my opinion
Old 02-09-2004, 12:00 PM   #17
NYCHonda
Regular User

Well, I think beside the Type R, all the Civics aren't fast or any special at all in stock form. I personally likes it because it's small, light, very affordable, & has potential to be pretty lethal in the circuit. In stock form, I love the Honda Prelude especially the latest generation one. The ATTS (Active Torque Transfer System) on that car really rocks.
NYCHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:14 PM   #18
Gnome
Regular User

The Alfa Romeo 156 GTA is nice, but I think I'd go for the SAAB 9-3 Aero. It's one of the best looking original styled family saloons on the market, and the driving pleasure in this car is hard to beat. In addition it handels very neutral under normal conditions. Of course you get understeer if you floor it in a corner(with 210bhp), but during normal active driving it's just good fun!

Old 02-09-2004, 01:11 PM   #19
coombsie66
Regular User

Focus RS for sure, looks awsome, handles amazingly (other than realy rough roads i know) and almost all that have been rolling roaded have come away wiv results way up on specification!!
That alfa 147 GTA is smart as well, but no limited slip differential means a but of a nitemare wiv that much power, and bye bye tyres!!! Sounds nice tho!
Old 02-09-2004, 01:37 PM   #20
graywolf624
Regular User

I own a mazda 6 so I guess I'll take that.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 01:41 PM   #21
brijoel
Regular User

for me, this thread is like.... what is the best way to have a toe cut off?

but im amazed no one has mentioned the dodge neon srt-4. those things kick pretty much every fwd car's ass from here to bangladesh. plus, unlike the hondas, it actually has damn good TORQUE!!!

1994 Gen II engine, 1996 close ratio tranny, CT20b turbo, ARC Intake, 1996 gen 3 ecu, HKS Super Sequential Blowoff Valve, HKS 43mm Boost Gauge, Greddy Dual PE Exhaust,Greddy Turbo Timer, Greddy Profec B boost controller(12 psi normal, 17 psi high~fuel cut is 18~) , Greddy Intercooler, Manjit IC Fan Shroud, Spal 7.5" Puller Fan, Ceramic Coated Turbo Heat Shield and Intercooler Piping, Bilstein Struts, Eibach Sportline Springs, Suspension Technique Sway Bars, GAB Strut Tower Bar, KAAZ LSD, Supra TT Fuel Pump and 540cc gen 3 injectors, 16" GAB Sport wheels, Yokohama AVS ES100 205/45/16 & 225/45/16, Powerslot rotors and EBC red stuff pads in front, and stock rear.

~phew~
brijoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 01:43 PM   #22
nthfinity
Regular User

but im amazed no one has mentioned the dodge neon srt-4. those things kick pretty much every fwd car's ass from here to bangladesh. plus, unlike the hondas, it actually has damn good TORQUE!!!
i agree that the SRT-4 has great torque/hp, and is the fastest stock compac, as well as a very good suspension set up. the reason i didnt mention it is this.... i loath the looks. it is a uncle ben-ified rental car. but that is my opinion (ill still take it way over any honda!
Old 02-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #23
Evo
Regular User

Mini Cooper S all the way.. This is the car which I don't really mind.. ..
Also the SRT neon.. or something like that..Thanks to gis for making it look so good to me..
Old 02-09-2004, 02:00 PM   #24
brijoel
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
i agree that the SRT-4 has great torque/hp, and is the fastest stock compac, as well as a very good suspension set up. the reason i didnt mention it is this.... i loath the looks. it is a uncle ben-ified rental car. but that is my opinion (ill still take it way over any honda!

i can ignore the looks(which really wouldnt be bad if none of us ever knew what a neon was in the first place), but IMO it looks waaaay better than any stock civic. i mean seriously i cant believe some of you guys think of a base honda civic as the greatest fwd car. they understeer like crazy from the factory, are totally gutless, and have to be stripped out to make up for it. it's a freakin economy car. i honestly dont even like the integra type-r's. they might have decent handling for fwd, but it's still that same gutless feeling when laying into the gas.

~waits for flaming and puts on heat suit~ lol

1994 Gen II engine, 1996 close ratio tranny, CT20b turbo, ARC Intake, 1996 gen 3 ecu, HKS Super Sequential Blowoff Valve, HKS 43mm Boost Gauge, Greddy Dual PE Exhaust,Greddy Turbo Timer, Greddy Profec B boost controller(12 psi normal, 17 psi high~fuel cut is 18~) , Greddy Intercooler, Manjit IC Fan Shroud, Spal 7.5" Puller Fan, Ceramic Coated Turbo Heat Shield and Intercooler Piping, Bilstein Struts, Eibach Sportline Springs, Suspension Technique Sway Bars, GAB Strut Tower Bar, KAAZ LSD, Supra TT Fuel Pump and 540cc gen 3 injectors, 16" GAB Sport wheels, Yokohama AVS ES100 205/45/16 & 225/45/16, Powerslot rotors and EBC red stuff pads in front, and stock rear.

~phew~
brijoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:07 PM   #25
nchs09

Originally Posted by graywolf624
I own a mazda 6 so I guess I'll take that.
i own a protege, so ill go with that

TEAM MAZDA WUT! hahaha
nchs09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:36 PM   #26
oldsnail
Regular User

first choice is the
Toyota Celica GTS vvtl-i.. the cockpit feels nice and imo, the engine is pretty advance and sophisticated having continuous cam-phasing variable valve timing ,2-stage variable valve lift plus valve-opening duration applied to both intake and exhaust valves . givng variable lift and duration lift at high rev. all from a 1.8L 4cyl pumping 190bhp.

next up would be.
Integra typeR vtec
RSX typeS i-vtec
Old 02-09-2004, 04:39 PM   #27
NYCHonda
Regular User

The SRT-4 is a pretty fast car. I was quite impressed by it until I drove it. It's fast on a straight but it doesn't handle as well for some reason. My co-worker just leased one and he agrees with me either.

As for a base Civic, yea, from the factory it is not the car where you want to take it to a local circuit right away. Definitely needs a lot of work to be done to it unless it's a Civic Type R maybe. I don't know, I never drove one before but I had a Civic EF before and yes, it is SUPER slow when it's bone stock. After few works done to it, it's a pretty fun car to drive on the road or at the circuit.

I, myself, always been a Honda fan, especially the Civic for a long time already. Everyone has their own preference. I would love to have a Mini as my next car though. As for now, I'm still having fun with my Prelude.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:14 PM   #28
kteo2003
Regular User

from the hatchback category
1.FORD FOCUS RS
2.Honda CIVIC TYPE R
kteo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:16 PM   #29
NYCHonda
Regular User

I love hatchback. Actually that's how I love the Civic in the beginning because of the hatchback.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:53 AM   #30
oldsnail
Regular User

isnt the celica considered a hatch as well?